Switching to LHD?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2017 12:49 PM

So recently I have been doing alot of dirt jumping and trails, but I want to do grinding with pegs and stuff but I have RHD and I am right foot forward.

I know that some rear hubs are changeable but I want to know if you can switch the cranks over as im not to bothered about spending some money on a new wheel.

My cranks only have a sprocket bolt on the right crank so I would have to switch the cranks over with the sprocket. However this apparently makes the pedals loose from the way the turn so I was wanting to know if there is anything that can be done to go around this?

Would either switching the pedals aswell or not switching them make the pedals tighten?

thanks anyways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMarY8ceoNhZjkyWXT2jcHA

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

2/17/2017 1:31 PM

switch the spindles in the pedals and all will be fine.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/17/2017 2:15 PM

do u have 48 spline cranks?
cause if you do, just get the spline drive sprocket

|

2/17/2017 2:39 PM

You can also grind without any issues on your setup now. I run 4 pegs, lsd, left foot forward and Ive never had a problem with my sprocket side My switch and regular are equal

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/17/2017 11:31 PM

you could do the cheapo way and buy a sprocket guard and a drive side hub guard. it worked for my friend who didnt have an lhd wheel for a long time so he kept it rhd

|

2/18/2017 3:41 AM

tiho wrote:

do u have 48 spline cranks?
cause if you do, just get the spline drive sprocket

No, 8 spline cranks

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

2/18/2017 3:48 AM

I think you should just switch the pedal spindles around.

|

Wake up, ride, have fun, repeat.

2/18/2017 3:50 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

you could do the cheapo way and buy a sprocket guard and a drive side hub guard. it worked for my friend who didnt have an lhd ...more

isn't it possible to change some hubs to LHD by switching the springs over

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

2/18/2017 3:51 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

you could do the cheapo way and buy a sprocket guard and a drive side hub guard. it worked for my friend who didnt have an lhd ...more

chesterhilly wrote:

isn't it possible to change some hubs to LHD by switching the springs over

Depends on the hub.

Getting a guarded sprocket and drive side hub guard is the cheapest option. You could get them for less than the price of a wheel

|