Switching to lhd..

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2014 7:25 PM

So I want to switch my hub to lhd but im not sure it is possible. My back hub is a stock cult cc01 back hub in rhd. Would it be possible with any drivers out there? I hope so because i dont wanna keep beating up my sprocket and chain. Any leads to anywhere is helpful thank you!

|

2/6/2014 7:39 PM

I'm almost 100% sure that bike is not interchangeable, you'd need a new rear hub, and likely new cranks too because I don't think they have sprocket bolt holes on the left arm

|

2/6/2014 10:09 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'm almost 100% sure that bike is not interchangeable, you'd need a new rear hub, and likely new cranks too because I don't ...more

Yeah he's right. With your bike, it would almost be more worth it to build a whole new back wheel if you were going to switch to LHD because your rim isn't the best either, and if you were going to switch a hub it wouldn't cost a whole lot more to do the whole wheel.

With that said, it may not be worth it to do right now, and might be best just to get a good hub guard and sprocket if you are wanting to protect your drive train during grinds.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/6/2014 10:22 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Yeah he's right. With your bike, it would almost be more worth it to build a whole new back wheel if you were going to switch ...more

Yeah the cheapest route I'm seeing is these cranks, with this rear wheel, and even then it's a bit over $200 for them. Of course, you could always get this rear hub guard (aluminum option) that will protect your chain, and this sprocket, which will also protect your chain and is regarded as one of the best sprockets ever made, for $65.

|