TI SPOKES

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2008 4:34 PM

I'M BUILDING A NEW WHEEL AND I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING TI SPOKES AND I RUN A 48HOLE BACK WHEEL CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME THE PROS AND CONS OF TI SPOKES AND RUNNING A 48TI SPOKE BACK WHEEL THANKS

|

6/6/2008 4:50 PM

my frend had them in a 36h front wheel and they did ok but he snapped a few just below the spoke nipple they lightened the wheel up quite a bit tho

|

DANGER!

6/6/2008 5:28 PM

if u grind its probably not worth spending that much money on them because they will eventually get fucked up unless u have guards

and they dotn seem like they will hold if u do big gaps on jump big stair sets or anytihng i dont think its worth all that money

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

6/6/2008 6:08 PM

lot of people say they snap like noodles

|

6/6/2008 6:10 PM

why would you want them .. they save about 2 and a half ounces.. if that.

|

6/6/2008 6:11 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

sticks and stonesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

|

bmx and xxx

6/6/2008 6:12 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bmxican 1001 wrote:

may break my bonesssss

|

6/6/2008 6:17 PM

look at my back rim, its a 48 with ti spokes but I don't grind but its stiff and looks so good with the primo hoola hoop.

|

6/6/2008 6:22 PM

Yeah it doesn't make much sense because its cheaper to just go with a 36, and at the same time you don't really want ti spokes on a 36. Only 48 cross 4 pattern. Its only a few ounces lighter but its stronger than a 36 with stainless, however you don't want to grind on a ti spoke period. And plus rotating weight is special in a sense, but I would just go with a 36 with stainless spokes. L8

|

6/6/2008 6:35 PM

harokid21 wrote:

lot of people say they snap like noodles

I don't know how titanium is going to snap any easier than steel. It is just so expensive that if they do snap or grind a way you'll be burning money. They are for trails, race, and park riders and street riders who stick to rotation tricks manuals and other styles that don't lead to grinding away your spokes. I think they are a bit much but they are sick as hell. 80 bucks for 50 of them. LOL you better think about that shit. L8

|

6/6/2008 6:36 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bmxican 1001 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

may break my bonesssss

underline me

|

bmx and xxx

6/6/2008 6:40 PM

rotating weight "weighs" more than dead weight. But a 36 will leave you with lots of cash and if you want to grind... grind, those spokes are cheap as hell to replace.

|

6/6/2008 8:34 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bmxican 1001 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

may break my bonesssss

but words will never hurt me.

|

Colony bmx 4 life!

6/6/2008 8:35 PM

they are super super weak but twice as light. just get doubble butted spokes. they are stronger and like 1 or 2 oz lighter.

|

Colony bmx 4 life!

6/7/2008 6:03 AM

EVERYBODY IS SAYING TI SPOPKES ARE WEAK AND NOT WORTH BUT HAS ANYBODY EVER SEEN PRO RIDER SCOTTY CRANMER RIDE HE RIDES TI SPOKES ON HIS FRONT AND BACK WHEEL AND THE BACK WHEEL IS A 48HOLE TI SPOKES AND HE IS A MONSTER ON HIS BIKE DOING BIG GAPS LIKE THE FRONT FLIP OFF A SIX FOOT WALL FLAIR TIRE GRABS

|

6/7/2008 6:28 AM

ok if u ride street or grind when u ride park dont get them but if u ride park, miniramp, or dirt get them

|

Ride Bikes

6/7/2008 6:45 AM

yea they break easy my friend snapped 2 wen he did a bunnyhop no lie man im serious he got a whole rim rims ive never seen that have all ti ti hub ti rim spokes everythin he paid alot of money for the wheel sets but new dont get em

|

6/7/2008 7:27 AM

i was thinking bout it but even if u get a 36 spoke rim itl cost u over 100$ just for spokes

|

6/7/2008 1:05 PM

Why not just get a 36 spoke wheel. As long as you keep the spokes tight you won't have any problems. I have been running a 36 spoke wheel forever and have hung up on quarter pipes and came up short on gaps and 360's, my wheel is still straight.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.