Tailwhip help :(

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 10:38 AM

Alright I've been doing tailwhips for a good 2 or 3 months and I have everything but one thing perfect. the rotation is perfect, the kick is perfect, the catch is perfect... every time. but the one damn thing that gets me every single time is my back foot. I'm left foot forward and I can catch the whips every time, but my back foot refuses to get back onto the bike. no matter how much I think about it and tell myself "just aim for the back pedal" it never happens and I always end up catching the front pedal and putting my back foot back onto the ground. I get pretty worked up when I'm constantly trying over and over again and keep doing the same exact thing. I'd like to know if anyone else is having this trouble or if anyone knows how to get over it? all tips are greatly appreciated.

|

10/7/2018 10:59 AM

Can we get a video? It's really hard to tell what's wrong without seeing what you're doing.

|

10/7/2018 11:26 AM

...aim for your rear peg/axle?

|

10/7/2018 11:50 AM

I used to have the same problem! Its like my backfoot was subconciously acting as a safety net. Land them with just your front foot and keep your back foot in the air. Once you get used to that, put the back foot on right after you land. You’ll be catching them with both feet as the next step and it will be super easy and feel natural af after the first time.

|