Tailwhip problems!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2013 6:43 AM

hey guys, i am just starting to learn tailwhips, i can get the bike 95% of the way around but i cant keep the bike under me, is their any special way of getting it to stay under???

|

sponsored by: Banz Grind Wax

BIKE CHECK

7/29/2013 8:51 AM

Good luck with finding the pedals once you get it all the way around....it's going to take you a long time

|

7/29/2013 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2013 9:25 AM

Get them 100% and the start trying to catch em.
Kick harder, tense your arms down and make an O shape movement with your arms, not sure if it's clear enough, but I tried explaining them.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/29/2013 10:58 AM

Didn't you just get a bike? I have a feeling this is a troll.

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/29/2013 11:04 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Didn't you just get a bike? I have a feeling this is a troll.

no, i just bought parts,

|

sponsored by: Banz Grind Wax

BIKE CHECK

7/29/2013 11:04 AM

Look for them pedals, then drop down like a vulture. Then ride away with all the bitches.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/29/2013 11:46 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Good luck with finding the pedals once you get it all the way around....it's going to take you a long time

Maybe, maybe not. When I first got over frame on a whip, I found my right pedal within about 5 minutes of trying.. Now catching the left pedal.. that was a fucking challenge. I do goofy footed whips, clockwise but I step over my frame & catch my right pedal nearly 10/10 tries now but still have trouble getting my left foot on.


To the OP, do them out of a bank. When the frame is about 180° around, push down on your bars & lean forward slightly. That'll help it whip the rest of the way around, and to really help, try tilting one side of your bars down. If you whip clockwise, tilt the left side of your bars down just before it gets about 180° around, tilt the right side down if you whip counterclockwise. My friend who has whips DIALED told me that trick & I started landing them after he taught me that trick. It just helped get the bike around a lot easier so I could focus on getting my left foot on the pedal

|

7/29/2013 2:08 PM

I used to get one foot to pedal on whip airs on quarters but then I dislocated 2 vertebrae trying whips so I said fuck whips since then.....some people get them pretty easy it's crazy

|

7/29/2013 4:58 PM

Tailwhips are dumb.

Actually what helped me get a foot on every time was trying them to a tire tap on a quarter, it trained me to get that left foot on every single time. Then I hurt my back. Only tried maybe 5 since then...and that was 2 years ago now. This is also easier with a brake so you don't eat it super hard haha.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/29/2013 5:03 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Didn't you just get a bike? I have a feeling this is a troll.

I doubt it I've been able to get whips 98% of the was around since I learned how to how never committed to learning them and when I did I ended up in the same place I am now broken ankle

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/29/2013 6:15 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Didn't you just get a bike? I have a feeling this is a troll.

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

I doubt it I've been able to get whips 98% of the was around since I learned how to how never committed to learning them and when I did I ended up in the same place I am now broken ankle

Do you actually have a cast and did you go to the hospital for it? I ask as every photo you put up didn't show a cast.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/30/2013 4:29 AM

most people get it close to them but never actually go for the pedals, if its landing like next to if you just man it and go for the pedals even though you know it will result in you sliding down the ramp as you are still slightly sideways. once you go for pedals a few times you stop having to make the decission to do so you just naturally go to that position and i think thats when you kinda learn them properly

|

7/30/2013 9:01 AM

thanks for everyone's suggestions but no one really answered my question, my original question was "How do i keep the bike under me???"

|

sponsored by: Banz Grind Wax

BIKE CHECK

7/30/2013 9:04 AM

misfitcartel wrote:

thanks for everyone's suggestions but no one really answered my question, my original question was "How do i keep the bike under me???"

Strap it to your belt loop

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

7/30/2013 9:22 AM

misfitcartel wrote:

thanks for everyone's suggestions but no one really answered my question, my original question was "How do i keep the bike under me???"

by not letting it get away from you, keeping it under you is self explanatory

|

8/1/2013 12:22 AM

you need to do a washing machine motion with you arms, and try keep your bars real close to you all the time, once you get it round and your landing over the bike start simply aiming your front foot for your pedal, then once your getting your front pedal put all your weight on your front foot and hold your back foot up close to your butt and youl quite possibly go straight on, i took a long time to land whips cause i just couldnt get my back foot on, but once i started hanging my foot in the air they cant easy, learned whip airs 2 days after, hop whips 2 weeks after, and now approx 6 months later i can hop whip everytime, hop downwhip flatbanks, 3 whip, and im super close to oppo whips, its all commitment man and once you got it, youl be sweet. in saying that though youl probably land them and have em for a week or so then lose them for like a week but once you re land em youl have them even better.
hope that helped you abit

|

8/1/2013 8:21 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

you need to do a washing machine motion with you arms, and try keep your bars real close to you all the time, once you get it round and your landing over the bike start simply aiming your front foot for your pedal, then once your getting your front pedal put all your weight on your front foot and hold your back foot up close to your butt and youl quite possibly go straight on, i took a long time to land whips cause i just couldnt get my back foot on, but once i started hanging my foot in the air they cant easy, learned whip airs 2 days after, hop whips 2 weeks after, and now approx 6 months later i can hop whip everytime, hop downwhip flatbanks, 3 whip, and im super close to oppo whips, its all commitment man and once you got it, youl be sweet. in saying that though youl probably land them and have em for a week or so then lose them for like a week but once you re land em youl have them even better.
hope that helped you abit

Thanks dude, and be sure to check out my new edit promo!!!!

|

sponsored by: Banz Grind Wax

BIKE CHECK