Tailwhips

Related:
Create New Tag

10/11/2013 10:51 PM

I tried tailwhips today. I know you're supposed to kick with your back foot , but I kick with my left (I ride left foot forward) and it feels way better and I get it better. So those are oppo I guess right? And it's my first day trying them and I got them halfway before I hit the ground , is that good? Some kid says I could get them in 2 weeks if I really try

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/11/2013 11:10 PM

You do them like I do, except opposite. I'm right foot forward & kick my bike clockwise. Try using more arms in the whip, helps me. They were a bitch for me to start landing, I catch with my front foot but in order to do that I have to step over my bike. Normally some people who are regular footed with whips can just put their front foot on the pedal without stepping over, and ride away like that.

|

10/11/2013 11:23 PM

I barely kick , mostly arms but I try to get it at least 180 from me so I can land on my feet while trying to get the arm motion. The kick is weird , and not even thinking of catching yet but you never know !

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/11/2013 11:39 PM

I WAS the same as you, and I tried for ages to land them but eventually a mate told me to switch feet from left foot forward to right foot forward just for whips and that helped a lot, I can now hop whip etc, I think if I wanted to I could whip with my feet normal but it's much Easyer switching feet IMO. One to his own tho

|

10/12/2013 7:38 AM

Just switch. practice on the ground or on your back and kick with your back foot.
But thats not really that bad for the first time trying them. keep it up and you'll have them in no time.

|

10/12/2013 11:11 AM

Thanks guys. I don't think I'm going to trying kicking with my back foot because I'm comfortable with my front foot and it's something different ! I'll go try today. I actually find , so far , tailwhips are easier then barspins. Lets see if I can get them 3/4th's around and hopefully by my side !

|

My Cult 2 Short