Taking Drops

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2013 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2013 8:14 AM

I feel more comfortable 180ing a drop as opposed to just taking it straight on. Why is that?
its technically harder to do but if I get to the edge of a drop that is sketching me out I automatically 180 it because it feels less scary to me, I don't get it.

Its weird.

This happen to anyone else?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/8/2013 11:06 AM

Maybe youre just afraid to look forward? This might sound stupid but see if closing your eyes right when you hit the drop also makes you feel safer. You might just be afraid of the fall and looking the other way helps you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/8/2013 11:11 AM

I'm kinda similar but with 180s & 360s. I would much rather just 360 off something big as opposed to starting out by 180ing it. maybe cause it'd be easier to loop out and fall backwards on a 180 though idk

|

12/8/2013 11:38 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Maybe youre just afraid to look forward? This might sound stupid but see if closing your eyes right when you hit the drop also makes you feel safer. You might just be afraid of the fall and looking the other way helps you.

Haha maybe

Happens all the time if I've not done that particular drop before.

Cuz I'm brakeless I can't really bitch out of a drop once I've committed and have the speed going into it, its like right at the last minute I'll change my mind near the edge and 180 it instead, once I've done that I'm usually ok to just straight jump it tho.

Fuck knows...

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/8/2013 11:48 AM

Taking drops for me was never an issue.

I just land back wheel first

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/8/2013 12:48 PM

I definately say when you look at a drop before you do it , it's scary.

After a couple rolling up 's , when you finally do it , it's the scaryiest thing ever ! But its what keeps it fun and you just have to straighten your legs so you land back wheel first.

The only drops here are loading docks , and those are nipple height , so about a 5' 6" drop. I dont want to 180 that and land double tire , bye wrists !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 12:53 PM

WHAT? I rather 360 a drop or go straight at it than 180ing it.... Going backwards scares the shit outta me haha. I think it's all personal preference it's diverse you feel comfortable 180ing something some people feel comfortable screaming or barspinning.

|