Taking foot off on xups

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2020 3:51 PM

Do peopke take their foot off just because their knee gets in the way of the bars? I tried a few on flyout and my knee gets uncomfortably close to the bars....

|

I like riding my bike.

1/5/2020 3:55 PM

I mean, 1-footed x-ups are a thing, if that’s what you mean. But if your foot keeps unintentionally coming off in a regular x-up just keep practicing.

I get what you mean ever since I went to my super short TT, I almost have them back, I’ve found I had to lean back far more. So I guess my tip is get the bars pushed ahead of you when you try them.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

1/5/2020 4:11 PM

I haven't tried them in years but I used to straighten my legs out. keeping your legs super straight keeps your rear end from moving when you turn your bars too.

|

1/5/2020 5:38 PM

if your knees are getting that close to the bars, you need to straighten your legs more and maybe lean back some. I personally never have to lean back though, just keep the legs straight. sometimes I start slightly bending them when approaching the landing and might brush my knees when turning the bars back which can be scary

|

1/5/2020 8:48 PM

Yeah 1 footed X's are a trick but they are harder. With and bar trick you have to learn to keep your knees out of the way and that's why they are hard. With x ups I keep my legs straight and kinda put my butt back.

|