Tall headtubes and gyros

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2016 7:53 PM

So like alot of frames seem frames seem to be swapping to the taller headtube like the stranger frames, and the s&m tallboy, my mutiny comb has a tall headtube and my forks are uncut but my stem still sits slammed, I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a gyro to work on a taller headtube.

|

2/1/2016 8:43 PM

I imagine it works , im getting a bonesaw frame soon and it has a taller headtube and has holes for gyro tabs , I have a gyro and some s&m fast pitch forks I'll let you know how it goes when I get it set up

|

2/1/2016 10:26 PM

The headtube on the Bonesaw seems only slightly larger compared to most , I have it but not built up . I'm sure if you have 165-170mm steer tube you'll be fine but 165 MIGHT be pushing it ... I'll see if my other forks are shipped yet otherwise my CK ones are being put on

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/2/2016 7:25 AM

Could you measure the head tube height?

|

2/4/2016 5:25 AM

Well i think i figured out how to make it work i just need to order some pitchfork widemouth xl forks

|

2/4/2016 11:31 AM

My Federal Liquid forks seemed to be pretty solid, I had to use 2-3 spacers + the dust cover on my Lacey but I don't think that had longer HT like your current frame.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/4/2016 12:04 PM

Naw lacey had normal ht, and liquid forks are 165mm same as my brand new shadow captive forks lol thought they'd work guess not.

|

2/4/2016 12:37 PM

My 5" Bonesaw frame has barely enough room for CK forks and a stem ... the steered tube is 165 and with the smallest dust cover and no spacers , and maybe 3/4ths of the stem can clamp . It works for jibs but wouldn't go huge with it .

Any forks with a 170mm steerer tube will work almost flush with maybe a spacer.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/4/2016 1:30 PM

As mine sits with a dust cap and stem and forks with shadow captive 2 which are 165 i almost have to use a spacer just to tighten my stem, but i have a low stack height stem too

|

2/4/2016 3:44 PM

Cut your HT, put in a classic headset top cup.

/ end thread.

But seriously, sounds like new fork, OR taking it to someone who is awesome at welding, killing your warranty, and having them lengthen your steer tube. If you had junker forks and nothing to lose, I'd go that route. :D

But yea, new fork day.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/4/2016 5:09 PM

Actually I'm tapping my stem for tabs, and using a snafu mobious that I'm going to slim down and modify that, and that gives me 1" of travel so i just need to run tight brakes and a very true wheen

|

2/4/2016 5:18 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

Actually I'm tapping my stem for tabs, and using a snafu mobious that I'm going to slim down and modify that, and that gives ...more

I like the ingenuity. Post photos on the MN RIDE FB page when it is done. If it works well, I may have to give that a go.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/4/2016 6:33 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I imagine it works , im getting a bonesaw frame soon and it has a taller headtube and has holes for gyro tabs , I have a gyro ...more

Where are you getting yer bone saw from?ive been riding atfs for 4 yrs now .&am thinking about going to the bonesaw but im only 5ft6&it has a big stand over doesn't it?

|

2/4/2016 7:17 PM

Here is my Widemouth XL (172mm) installed on my Tall Boy with a 5" HT for reference:
Photo

Used the Odyssey Pro headset with one 10mm spacer to get it dialed with the Enduro stem.

|

2/4/2016 7:50 PM

Dam see i want those forks

|

2/9/2016 5:28 PM

well ordered fork and gyro

|

2/9/2016 5:52 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I imagine it works , im getting a bonesaw frame soon and it has a taller headtube and has holes for gyro tabs , I have a gyro ...more

Eric_Wotansvolk wrote:

Where are you getting yer bone saw from?ive been riding atfs for 4 yrs now .&am thinking about going to the bonesaw but im ...more

Transition bmx in Edmonton , it's like 8.9 stand over I think , if your getting one better jump on it soon there is only 50 made

|

2/9/2016 6:17 PM

Eric_Wotansvolk wrote:

Where are you getting yer bone saw from?ive been riding atfs for 4 yrs now .&am thinking about going to the bonesaw but im ...more

Hey Eric - Last time I checked it was about $429 USD shipped to send a Bonesaw to Cali!

The frame is only available in Canada so you'd be the only guy in Cali with one I bet.

Let me know what size you are interested. 20.5" has sold out, so has 21.25" raw, but 20.75" / 21" raw is still available as well as 20.75" / 21" / 21.25" Black.

Hit me up chris (at) bmxtransition.com

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx