Tall mans Bike

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2019 12:34 PM

I'm 6'6" and im looking to build a whole new bike, im sure this has been asked on here before, ive seen one or two posts, Havent kept up to date on companies and parts makers.

Figured id ask the group.
Looking for best options for longest frame options, new and old
forks, bars, stem.,--- Street ( /& or ) Dirt ( Both )

Will provide answers to questions you might have.

|

7/5/2019 1:01 PM

Are you looking to build a custom bike or buy a complete? You'll have a hard time finding a complete you find comfortable at 6'6" laughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/5/2019 1:04 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Are you looking to build a custom bike or buy a complete? You'll have a hard time finding a complete you find comfortable at 6'6" laughing

I usually prefer to build piece by piece.

|

7/5/2019 1:07 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

DToTsO wrote:

I usually prefer to build piece by piece.

Okay sick, that's a much better option.

The for you, S&M makes really good stuff and they make stuff for us tall guys.

They make the S&M Tallboy frame which can be had in a 21.5" top tube size. They also make really nice 10" rise bars in a 4 piece or 2 piece configuration.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/5/2019 3:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2019 3:50 PM

I'd suggest checking out what pro riders around your height are using as a reference.

David Grant:
6'5"
Bike Check
10" bars, TL stem, 21.6" TT (He has a 21.9" TT option, but is back on the 21.6")
Photo

Mike Hoder
6'5"
Bike Check
9.5" bars, TL stem, XL steerer tube, 21.5" TT.
Photo

Luckily there's a decent amount of frames in the 21.5"-22" TT sizes these days and also bars in the 9"-10" range.

S&M makes a 172mm XL Widemouth fork (for max steerer tube height) and several frames in 21.5" sizes (the 20" ATF has a 22" TT option, also).

BSD, also has several 21.5" + options and tall bar sizes. FBM has the 21.5" Steadfast and Mutiny has the Death Grip frame in two 21.5" + sizes.

Several more brands have longer TT sizes and taller bars... You just have to choose how long you want your CS to be... 13.5" is usually a good "all-around" length these days, with shorter being more street oriented and longer being more trail/ park, but it really comes down to personal preference.

For a stem you'll probably want a TL with about 30mm rise, or more.

|