Taller bars

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2016 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2016 7:21 PM

so i've been riding 8" bars with a flipped front load for some time now, they feel way short. would 9" bars with a top load be way tall for me if im 5'7"?

|

8/25/2016 7:41 PM

What size is your tt? I'm 5'10" and ride 10" rise bars on a topload with a rider which is perfect for me. However my tt is 20.5 which is a little small so the bars make up the difference. Personally I love the way tall bars feel. I have a friend who is the same height as me and rides bars with a 7" rise on a topload flipped upside down and he loves it but I can barely bunny hop his bike. It's really all just personal preference. If they feel to short then try 9" rise bars. Normally with your bike if something feels off then it's time to try a new part or something.

|

8/25/2016 8:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2016 9:15 PM

It's 20.75 tt, I think I'm going to try it! I've actually been off my bike for a bit (wrist injury) so that is probably why it feels so off. Thanks for the reply btw!

|

8/25/2016 10:19 PM

Get bars first, and if they feel too tall you can flip your stem the right way up to drop them down a bit

|

8/26/2016 2:48 AM

People freak out about bar height especially the older riders but they're only good in my opinion. Comfy , doesn't hurt your back , good for cruising around and helps for spin tricks and pop . I rode 10's and a frontload and now 9.5's and a topload and it's perfect . People who worry about your bike should worry about what tricks they can do instead of a couple inches .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/26/2016 5:14 AM

It's not just older guys. Ever noticed how hardly any pro's ride bigger than 9"?

|

8/26/2016 5:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2016 5:44 AM

I have 10's, they help with pop. Supposedly you lose absolute max pop, but more height = more leverage getting the bike up. A little kid tried my bike and the bars looked big for him. While sitting his arms were inclined, but he still did a nice bunnyhop.

|

8/26/2016 7:05 AM

byron429 wrote:

I have 10's, they help with pop. Supposedly you lose absolute max pop, but more height = more leverage getting the bike up. A ...more

Wrong way round, it's easier to hop with big bars, but you can't hop as high. Same with short chainstays, easier to hop, harder to hop high

|

8/26/2016 10:01 AM

Yeah

|

8/26/2016 10:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2016 10:16 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

People freak out about bar height especially the older riders but they're only good in my opinion. Comfy , doesn't hurt your ...more

Do taller bars actually help with spins? (Sorry if it's a stupid question, kinda half awake rn)

Oh btw, on my bike check you said taller bars? I went a little bit taller (9.125 Fit Big Mac's and the TL version of my previous Primo Stem
Photo

ALSO to the original poster, yeah in terms of an up to date setup, I guess so, before I switched bars and stems I was riding 8.75 Kink Human Bars along with a Front Load Primo Aneyerlator v2 Stem, I could run that bar height with the stem either flipped or regular, if anything, get bars going anywhere from 8.5-8.85 with a Normal sub 20 - 25.4mm rise top load stem, if a riser stem, anything above 25.4mm with maybe 8.3-8.75

*My height is 5' 9" btw*

*Tip, kinda obvious but, If you want to run a taller, and lighter weight front end from the top, shorter rise bars with a top load stem can be lighter than a front load with extra tall bars*

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin