Temporary Tire Bead Fix

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2017 3:24 PM

I want to seal off a small tear in the bead on one of my demolition machete tires. It's a 2.35 and I run it usually at 65 psi.
I want to try sealing it off a bit with rubber cement or some good glue. I'm wanting to try that big of a tire again for a day or two before buying a new set of big tires straight away

Not gonna do drops or anything with it like that. Mainly bowl flow and bike control.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

9/7/2017 3:55 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

I want to seal off a small tear in the bead on one of my demolition machete tires. It's a 2.35 and I run it usually at 65 psi.
I want to try sealing it off a bit with rubber cement or some good glue. I'm wanting to try that big of a tire again for a day or two before buying a new set of big tires straight away

Not gonna do drops or anything with it like that. Mainly bowl flow and bike control.

Good luck, ANY bead issues I have had warranted a new tire essentially immediately to avoid constant flats.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/7/2017 9:21 PM

Better off stitching it. If not. Buy a new one.

|

9/7/2017 9:48 PM

Went the new tire route
2.4 Rig Tire up front
2.25 Rig Tire in the rear (Didn't think a 2.4 rig tire would fit the benny)
Photo

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin