Tennis balls

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2017 8:23 AM

I've seen a thread before about this but honestly is there any significance in having tennis balls in your back wheel? I've heard that it keeps your wheel tue and helps people on coasters judge speed but is there any other real significance in having them stuck in your wheel?

|

6/5/2017 8:31 AM

Neither of those things are true. It offsets the weight of your wheel, so you roll further on smooth ground at low speed

|

6/5/2017 8:35 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Neither of those things are true. It offsets the weight of your wheel, so you roll further on smooth ground at low speed

Oh damn thanks, I mean that was either stuff I heard or I read so In a way then it's beneficial to have them in?

|

6/5/2017 8:51 AM

I don't think it makes a noticeable difference. Unless your bike is really smooth, you have slick tyres at a high pressure, and the surface is like glass. There's too many varying factors, so I doubt a tennis ball has much impact

|

6/5/2017 8:58 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I don't think it makes a noticeable difference. Unless your bike is really smooth, you have slick tyres at a high pressure, ...more

Thanks for the help man

|

6/5/2017 10:03 AM

Christian_andrew617 wrote:

I've seen a thread before about this but honestly is there any significance in having tennis balls in your back wheel? I've ...more

LOL.
This is just a shitty trend from the TCU guys to be street swag rider...
Next trend... basket balls !!

|

6/5/2017 11:42 AM

Francky wrote:

LOL.

tbh been doin it since the 90s long before tcu. its an east coast thing they jacked

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/5/2017 11:46 AM

I've seen a thread before about this but honestly is there any significance in having tennis balls in your back wheel? I've ...more

Francky wrote:

LOL.

JonnyGanja wrote:

tbh been doin it since the 90s long before tcu. its an east coast thing they jacked

So it's just for style and for weight distribution through out your wheel on a coaster

|

6/5/2017 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2017 12:51 PM

So it's just for style and for weight distribution through out your wheel on a coaster

So it's just for style.
I don't see how a tennis ball could affect the weight distribution / make you roll further or keep your wheels trued, to do that, tight your spokes regularly and grease your hub, that's it.

|

6/5/2017 1:06 PM

It's about as useful as using a crushed can to make dirt bike sounds.

|

6/5/2017 1:53 PM

Francky wrote:

LOL.

JonnyGanja wrote:

we did it in the 80's on the west coast. It's just a thing people do.

|

6/5/2017 2:39 PM

Francky wrote:

LOL.

JonnyGanja wrote:

pnj wrote:

we did it in the 80's on the west coast. It's just a thing people do.

Okay guys, I didn't knew it.
I always only saw that on street videos like the tcu ones, and on some kids bikes at the park to be "street" (like those guys in the videos)

|

6/5/2017 3:50 PM

Francky wrote:

LOL.

And they took the style from the early 90's, and even back into the 80's.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/5/2017 11:37 PM

Of course they're significant!

Adding a tennis ball in your wheel spokes means you can now ride with utmost steeze as you surpass the lowly street riders that are riding without tennis balls. You will have the uncontrollable urge to hard 180 or 360 out of technical grinds and land them extraordinarily clean. For bonus points, add a freecoaster and 4-piece bars to enhance your street riding potential.

What I'm saying is, tennis balls do nothing.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/6/2017 12:20 AM

Don't be a Fag and rock tennis balls

Buy the purple Merritt balls and be a cool kid

Unrelated I am currently cross faded and enjoying it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/6/2017 6:12 AM

I'm not claiming to know where this trend came from. But back in the 80's I saw guys put tennis balls in their spokes and throw a hockey stick over their shoulder to go play street hockey. I always thought it was a creative way kids used to carry balls around when kids played with things like balls and sticks. Personally I like seeing it. It brings me back. Don't really care if the people doing it are doing it for style or weight offset. Just like seeing it.

|

6/6/2017 6:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2017 6:28 AM

How is a 2 ounce tennis ball going to do anything, when you can get some 35 ounce tires instead? It's just a stupid way to justify being trendy, just like people say they need a loud cassette to judge their speed. That crazy. You should be able to judge your speed by how fast the ground is moving.if not, I really hope your not brakeless.(of course they are) If that was true every free coaster rider would be crashing all the time. If you go fast enough you can't hear it anyway. I'm man enough to admit that I like a loud cassette, because I just do. And now that it's not cool anymore I like it even better.

|

6/6/2017 7:45 AM

I have a pig in my spokes

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/6/2017 8:48 AM

Tennis balls are cool. That's been a trend for years. Does nothing at all though

|

6/6/2017 12:28 PM

Put a baseball in there, and when someone smarts off, pelt em with a solid curveball to the junk.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura