The 1st 900 no-hander...

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2019 12:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2019 12:14 AM

... was done by Mat Hoffman in 2002 at X Games BMX vert. Turns out that very bike is here at our local shop and I had no idea. Popped tubes from the impact and all, it’s signed and still all original! Thought it was super cool, and I got to clean it.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

6/5/2019 12:31 AM

3 peg gang.

|

6/5/2019 12:58 AM

No hander 900, to bar impaled leg.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

6/5/2019 4:28 AM

just take my money!

|

6/5/2019 5:05 AM

Annnnnd why is it there? The owner better not ride it...but the tubes did not pop from the impact unless they were a slow leak-he kept going and hammered out a few more airs, a 540 and a flair in his run. Also the person took a peg off, cause he ran 4 at that time.

I knew the guy who won Allan Cookes Xgames winning bike from BMX plus like 17 years ago, and rode it. He then got it stolen. Was a huge bummer. I would have hung it on a wall.

This very bike:

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

6/5/2019 6:23 AM

Quite certain that when matt rode 3 pegs he took off the back right one. Totally the opposite in this pic. Could it have just been his sig that he signed? Back in the day the pros rode their own completes. Also check out that 15 inch back end!

|

6/5/2019 6:23 AM

readybmxer wrote:

... was done by Mat Hoffman in 2002 at X Games BMX vert. Turns out that very bike is here at our local shop and I had no idea. Popped tubes from the impact and all, it’s signed and still all original! Thought it was super cool, and I got to clean it.

Motherfucker 900'd this Walmart bike like 20 years ago yet people today be like brooo i need this thermolite sixtupple butted fork with 3mm offset otherwise i cant do my feebles

|

6/5/2019 7:42 AM

readybmxer wrote:

falloftroy20 wrote:

Motherfucker 900'd this Walmart bike like 20 years ago yet people today be like brooo i need this thermolite sixtupple butted fork with 3mm offset otherwise i cant do my feebles

Walmart bike..

I had a Butcher sig that same year.

All chromoly, powerbites, proper chrome rims, superforks, 120psi tires.

Thing was no Walmart bike.

|

6/5/2019 10:32 AM

jbales wrote:

Walmart bike..

I had a Butcher sig that same year.

All chromoly, powerbites, proper chrome rims, superforks, 120psi tires.

Thing was no Walmart bike.

That is so sick! I always liked the dirty one thirty, used to see the ads in dig/ride for the top level hoffman completes! Was only 13/14 at the time so could never afford it, didn’t stop me dreaming though!

|

6/5/2019 11:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2019 11:44 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Annnnnd why is it there? The owner better not ride it...but the tubes did not pop from the impact unless they were a slow leak-he kept going and hammered out a few more airs, a 540 and a flair in his run. Also the person took a peg off, cause he ran 4 at that time.

I knew the guy who won Allan Cookes Xgames winning bike from BMX plus like 17 years ago, and rode it. He then got it stolen. Was a huge bummer. I would have hung it on a wall.

This very bike:

Mat gave it to Big Island Mike, I don’t believe directly after he landed the 900, so the setup changed during that time. The bike was a gift to Mike and Bike Factory, the shop here. There’s a note written to Mike on the right side of the toptube, I’ll snap a pic next week.

And don’t worry, it’s well looked after, been hung up on the roof for display since it was given.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

6/5/2019 12:06 PM

jbales wrote:

3 peg gang.

Gang gang

|

6/5/2019 12:38 PM

that bike is so fucking sick

|

fack off

6/6/2019 5:03 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Mat gave it to Big Island Mike, I don’t believe directly after he landed the 900, so the setup changed during that time. The bike was a gift to Mike and Bike Factory, the shop here. There’s a note written to Mike on the right side of the toptube, I’ll snap a pic next week.

And don’t worry, it’s well looked after, been hung up on the roof for display since it was given.

Rad-proper tribute for a huge moment in BMX.

I'd love to see some of the current top pros hop on a bike from that era and see what they can handle.

Same with having "fun" contests where a guy who ONLY rides street has to ride trails etc. Maybe even just a video contest like Aspire.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.