The Affix Rotor!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2013 6:13 AM

My friend just sent me this vimeo and i think everybody should check it out, dno if this is old or new, but it seems interesting but do you guys think it's worth while? It's basically single cable but able to rotate the bars without entanglement, you guys think single cable diggers would dig this?

|

7/9/2013 6:40 AM

I saw this yesterday. Looks cleaner and prob lighter. Might even pull smoother but your gonna need khe frame and fork. And that just ain't gonna work for me

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/9/2013 8:19 AM

Seen it already. It's OK, but I don't think it will catch on. I ride a Straight Cable and I'd get a conventional Gyro before this. And it isn't like a straight cable at all, it splits in to two, I've no idea why you think that.

Advantages:
No Bearings
Probably lighter (but seriously, never will it be enough for anyone to notice the difference)
Top cable doesn't rattle against the bars.

Disadvantages:
No doubt expensive
More complicated to set up (Arguably)
Needs a specific Frame and Fork

It's an attempt to fix something that isn't broken. To be honest, if this was released at the same time as the original Gyro, it probably would of been the one most companies used, and the industry standard.

|

7/9/2013 8:27 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Seen it already. It's OK, but I don't think it will catch on. I ride a Straight Cable and I'd get a conventional Gyro before this. And it isn't like a straight cable at all, it splits in to two, I've no idea why you think that.

Advantages:
No Bearings
Probably lighter (but seriously, never will it be enough for anyone to notice the difference)

Disadvantages:
No doubt expensive

It's an attempt to fix something that isn't broken. To be honest, if this was released at the same time as the original Gyro, it probably would of been the one most companies used, and the industry standard.

like the 2hip groovetech system. fixing something that isnt really a problem. slipping bars/stem and gyro's that dont work well is 99% user error generally

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/9/2013 7:12 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Advantages:
No Bearings

Disadvantages:
No doubt expensive

It is like a straight cable, LIKE one... it is straight cable split to two then to 1 again, so it's kind of pretty much a straight pull.

|

7/9/2013 7:30 PM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

It is like a straight cable, LIKE one... it is straight cable split to two then to 1 again, so it's kind of pretty much a straight pull.

That's what a traditional gyro is, too. smile

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/9/2013 7:44 PM

I think if more KHE frames were available and people were really in love with this system, itd be widely used. But in America, atleast where i live, it is very hard to get a KHE frame or anything like that. The only thing KHE you can get here are freecoasters and that halflink and the tires. If more frames and forks were sold im sure itd catch on, but really there isnt much wrong with a gyro.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/10/2013 12:14 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Advantages:
No Bearings

Disadvantages:
No doubt expensive

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

That's what a traditional gyro is, too. smile

its just one cable...[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)