The Almighty Decision

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2011 8:18 AM

Alright guys, i don't usually make threads like this but i am pretty much stuck. After i purchase my cranks (EZRA Geist) I am going to start a frame fund. Now, i decided i needed to know which frame i am going for. I am estimating that i could probably have enough for the frame by my birthday. (October)

So here's where i'm stuck:

I went through every single frame on Danscomp, and narrowed it down to 4 that are just about perfect geometry for me.

Colony Teddy
Sputnic Skyline V3
Subrosa Diablous
Subrosa Pandora V3

Here are some cons of each:
Teddy- Colony is based more on park in my opinion; no wishbone chainstay junction
Sputnic- Seems like a great frame, but i've always wanted a Subrosa
Diablous- 9.25" standover is hella high; awkward ass TT sized
Pandora- 4mm thick dropouts; no wishbone chainstay junction

And the pros:
Teddy- TT and DT gussets (internal)
Sputnic- Cheapest price of the four
Diablous- TT and DT gussets (external); 6mm thick dropouts
Pandora- Spot on geo for me

So, i guess, just let me know what you guys think. Suggestions on how to decide further would be great.

Also, reviews on any of those frame would be sweet!

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

6/30/2011 8:23 AM

pandora if you like the geo

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

6/30/2011 8:23 AM

Are you looking for a specific color at all, or only for features?

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

6/30/2011 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2011 8:26 AM

hmmm, out of those i would go for the diablous.

the weird tt sizes wont make a difference if its .06 of an inch, they are just fucking around with the numbers for fun

and i don't really see the tall seattube as a minus.

edit: also the wishbone looks amazing

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

6/30/2011 8:27 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

hmmm, out of those i would go for the diablous.

the weird tt sizes wont make a difference if its .06 of an inch, they are just fucking around with the numbers for fun

and i don't really see the tall seattube as a minus.

edit: also the wishbone looks amazing

this shizzle

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

6/30/2011 8:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2011 8:30 AM

collinbikesalot: noted

BmxRida4lyfe: Geometry and Features, don't care about colors

cupovjoe: I don't know why but 9.25" sounds ridiculously high. I was looking for 8.5"-9" standover, so i suppose 9.25" isn't that far off at all. I am leaning towards the Diablous.

And dude! You're right! I never even noticed the detail in it: [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

6/30/2011 8:29 AM

subrosa diablous

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

6/30/2011 8:30 AM

I think the pandora, or the diablous seem like the best. Colony teddy definately looks the best imo.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

6/30/2011 8:42 AM

oct is my birthday month 2 =)

|

6/30/2011 9:34 AM

*cough*...fbm....*cough*

check out The Take ivy or Babylon frames.
|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/30/2011 9:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2011 9:47 AM

subrosa my man
bombproof

when's the last time you heard "oh dude i cracked my Subrosa"?

|

Ref(s):xBikeaholicx,SafetyFirst

6/30/2011 9:49 AM

4mm thick dropouts on a frame. worst idea ever. go with the sputnic.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

6/30/2011 9:52 AM

u can hit a subrosa with hammers all day for fun. run it over. it wont break

sputnic are gorgeous frames, cheap clean and good quality

i am however a friend of dan lacey. and even he hasnt damaged one of his sig, frames, so if u want strenth, buy a lacey

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

6/30/2011 9:56 AM

diablous

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

6/30/2011 11:32 AM

get a fit

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

6/30/2011 12:50 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

diablous

this^

|

6/30/2011 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2011 2:32 PM

New problem that wasn't thinking about last night, i would really like a 21.25", i rode for 5 hours today and i'm actually quite crammed on my 21". I hit my knees on the cross bar of my bars quite a bit. I love where i keep my bars though.

So, none of those frame come in a 21.25" sad

wearnikes1321 suggested i just get a custom solid with straight gauge tubing and no paint for $350, should i do that, or continue my search?

edit: i'll post the geo i'm looking for to see if you guys have any ideas:
TT: 21.25"
Stand-over: 8.5"+
HT: 75
ST: N/A
Rear: 13.5" slammed
BB: 11.5"-11.6"

|

6/30/2011 2:58 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

New problem that wasn't thinking about last night, i would really like a 21.25", i rode for 5 hours today and i'm actually quite crammed on my 21". I hit my knees on the cross bar of my bars quite a bit. I love where i keep my bars though.

wearnikes1321 suggested i just get a custom solid with straight gauge tubing and no paint for $350, should i do that, or continue my search?

Maybe put your bars forward? I know mine hit when my bars come back.

Im an aussie parkrat, i think standover is useless.
Kind of gets in the way a little. If your keen on low standover, get a villicus wink
If not go for the pandora or the other one.

One thing im gunna say is DONT get a colony.
They are shit.

|

6/30/2011 3:26 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I'd say either Subrosa is good, but the Solid would be my first choice. Nothing matches an unbreakable frame with your own geo.

|

6/30/2011 3:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2011 3:32 PM

Kenealy wrote:

I'd say either Subrosa is good, but the Solid would be my first choice. Nothing matches an unbreakable frame with your own geo.

I'm starting to believe that's my only option. But i should be more focused on getting cranks anyways.

edit: i don't know dude, the more and more i look at that Subrosa, the more i want it!

|

6/30/2011 3:29 PM

go with the subrosa!

|

refs: moyboy5, Gucci Mane La Flurr, jbeaton13, tinybikerider33, Lee_Rager,TCbmx, ultra blade, TerrorCrew, ~Stolen Boy~, bstick, ScramHype, AO8, Austin_Read
Albe's nigglets..

6/30/2011 3:41 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I'm starting to believe that's my only option. But i should be more focused on getting cranks anyways.

edit: i don't know dude, the more and more i look at that Subrosa, the more i want it!

The Diablous is a sick frame for sure, just be sure it's exactly what you want when you get it.

|

6/30/2011 3:42 PM

Kenealy wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

The Diablous is a sick frame for sure, just be sure it's exactly what you want when you get it.

Well right now, the only problem i have with it is the TT length, other than that, that thing is spot on geometry wise!

|

6/30/2011 5:14 PM

The Diablous. sick name,seems to fit what you want. 21.25 is excessive. how tall are you?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/30/2011 5:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2011 5:33 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

The Diablous. sick name,seems to fit what you want. 21.25 is excessive. how tall are you?

5' 10"

|

6/30/2011 5:36 PM

yea 21.25 is excessive IMO

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/30/2011 5:42 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I can halfway agree! I think the 20.918" will work fine for me.

|

6/30/2011 5:56 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I can halfway agree! I think the 20.918" will work fine for me.

is that what the Diabouls is? haha thats funny. yea dude 21 or 20.918 should be fine for you.

|

7/5/2011 12:06 PM

future FBM wrote: *cough*...fbm....*cough*

check out The Take ivy or Babylon frames.

yup fbm all the way man. or even the cult bad boy (larry)

|

love you mom. rest in peace.
on a lighter note.... "RIP Kim Jong II, He might have been a cruel dictator, but he was sure fun to make fun of."

7/5/2011 12:37 PM

Get a longer reach stem if your knees hitting after you buy a frame

|