The Army and BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2013 6:13 PM

So I've been thinking about joining the Army. It looks like the only place I can be where I won't fuck up and ruin my life. I know Basic Training is going to be time off my bike and what not. Anyone have any experience with these twp? Is there much sympathy for my bike in the Army? I would like to know. My enlistment isn't going to be any soon as I'm just 14, but still, I'd really appreciate any experiences.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/29/2013 6:18 PM

i forgot who but someone here was part of the army , yeah you still got time to decide i know a few people my age thinking of joining too

|

10/29/2013 6:33 PM

I think chuck was in the army. Dude, i thought you were like 17 or something.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/29/2013 6:37 PM

I think SBC was in some kind of military. not sure which though.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

10/29/2013 6:37 PM

Nah, I was a helicopter mechanic in the Navy. The Navy travels to the most places. The Army will send you overseas to Germany, unless you go into the combat areas. I hear they frown upon guys riding freestyle during combat, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/29/2013 6:40 PM

you'd have more off time than just basic training.... if you arent married or anything while going through MOS school and all that shizz you'd be in a dorm with other guys without being able to really leave much, let alone having free time to ride.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/29/2013 7:53 PM

No, there isnt a whole lot of BMXing going on in the Army. There are a lot of things you can do for the Army tho, some only require a little work here and there after boot camp. Some need you all the time. Im sure that if you figure out something that works into it you will be fine. You could join the National Guard and still be in America too. It is a big choice in your life and the best person to ask this question is your recruiter for your school or area.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/29/2013 8:13 PM

I'd go navy, you don't usually go to a combat area, and you get lots o free time compared to other military branches, plus if you can get a new riding scene every three years. I live in a navy town, so this is basic knowledge where I live.

|

10/29/2013 8:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2013 8:49 PM

Hate to break your heart but, you can't smoke weed in the Military

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/29/2013 10:42 PM

You get time off in the military just like any other job. I was in the Navy on active duty for 8 years, and am still in the reserves. If you want to ride on your off time, then just go riding. This may blow some people's minds, but many bases have skateparks. Fort McCoy, an Army base here has one. There's even a park in Guantanamo Bay Cuba that I've posted pics on in other threads. Good luck!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/30/2013 12:54 AM

Sbc was in the army i believe, there was a thread about military in the non-bmx section. I was at Camp Pendleton in san diego a week ago for a trip, got to go on the USS Gary, saw the USS Mercy too, drilled with instructors in MCRD, watched foxtrot company of the marine corp graduate etc. Good stuff. If your (high) school has an JROTC program, join it. For my school if you complete at least 3 years of the program, you can enlist at an E-3 in any of the branches, except Marine Corp; E2. Well that's what my instructors said.

|

10/30/2013 1:56 AM

You don't have to join the Army to not fuck up, just don't fuck up. If you can recognise a fault, fix it. If it requires joining the Army than so be it but there are other ways to not screw up.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

10/30/2013 4:19 AM

dude, youre 14, stop wrrying about the future and go have some fun! Im 19 and still not sure what I'm gunna do, and I've gotta be sorted by next sept...

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/30/2013 5:32 AM

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm pretty set on the Army or Navy. I feel its what I should do. But I don't what to do about my bike and shit. I'm 16 though.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

10/30/2013 5:48 AM

Fort Bragg

There's a skatepark at Fort Irwin also. Ask a recruiter which ones have skateparks, just understand that a recruiter will tell you anything you want to hear and promise the world.
|