The BMX Scene and Your Area.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2013 10:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2013 10:47 PM

Well from thread to thread people always talk about the BMX scene where they live and that is why im making this thread. I know Bethany, WV always had a BMX scene, since the 80s even! Back when there were lots of people having kids and there werent just cranky old people here now, there was a huge BMX scene. It was like every kid had a BMX bike and me and one kid actually restored a pink Kuwahara! It had the first freecoaster (Suntour) on it! its fun to ride. I actually saw a picture of a bunch of kids riding and some were doing those front end balance things where the bike is tailwhipping around and you step over it. It looked cool to see that from back then. I would post it, but i dont think i could get ahold of the guy so i could, idk where he even is. haha But there were jumps, there were atleast 25-40 kids that rode the person said. It is coming back i think. Mostly because i got people kinda interested in it in my town. I live in a particularly country area, which is awful and good in some ways. Mostly you get people who ride BMX like a freakin dirtbike and fly at stuff and dont give a crap and beat the crap out of everything and will drop anything. haha Its crazy! But it is bad in my town because old people and college professors that are buttholes that think they own everything they look at. It makes it a hard time for us, but we do what we can. It is fun. I also live not too far from Pittsburgh which is a trails mecca and they have nice concrete parks and people that are really cool! i love it there! What is your BMX scene like where you live? Is it good or bad? How many people are interested in BMX around you? Also, has BMX existed in the past where you live?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/27/2013 10:48 PM

A lot of kids ride here, I don't ride with any of them ha.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/27/2013 10:51 PM

Four wrote:

I dont get that really. I like to ride with others. It is fun to pick up on new styles and help people out. Unless they suck and are douches. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/27/2013 10:56 PM

Four wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

I dont get that really. I like to ride with others. It is fun to pick up on new styles and help people out. Unless they suck and are douches. haha

Yup pretty much all of them are 12-14 and argue over who's bike is worth more and whos bike has more swag (most are shitty low end stock bikes), most can't hop over 4 inches. I have some friends I ride with though, I like to ride with people who are cool haha.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/27/2013 10:58 PM

Fuck yeah, I'm from Texas, so you already know we have a pretty huge scene, full of parks and trails.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/27/2013 11:03 PM

All bad influences. I ride with these kids that are good guys though

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/27/2013 11:09 PM

There's shitty trails nearby but each have one small jump that is fun though. There's okay spots like ten miles away. Almost all my friends ride though so i cant complain too much. The older kids that ride here are good so riding with them every once and a while is fun. Once its fall again we can work on our trails because they are near a river so its terrible in the summer because the bugs. There's an ok indoor park like 45 minutes by car away. I like street better but i really cant do anything besides double and feeble and hop over shit and do little moto whips haha but i have fun so its ok.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

7/27/2013 11:12 PM

My local area has a few good, almost pro, serious riders. Everyone else just rides casually and whatnot. No one around me really rides 4 pegs but yeah.. And a lot of kids here are the wannabes who buy Hyper bikes and Mongoose 90-1080 bikes and then think they're the best shit.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/27/2013 11:15 PM

Everyone in my hometown are dirtball drug dealers so I have to take a 15 minute drive on cow path roads to ride with Maximus bikes if I wanna actually ride. It sucks but I do whatever I can to ride.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/27/2013 11:19 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Everyone in my hometown are dirtball drug dealers so I have to take a 15 minute drive on cow path roads to ride with Maximus bikes if I wanna actually ride. It sucks but I do whatever I can to ride.

wink thats how it goes haha i like the drug dealers tho, they are nice. so are the potheads and stuff. its the retarded hillbillies that get annoying to me!
|

7/28/2013 12:37 AM

Here are almost no parks so we (3 guys) build our own. It ended up more like a dirt track, but it's nice riding with high jumps. There are not a lot kids riding BMX, mostly they skate. I don't mind, as long as they don't fuck up our track. We always try to be a good example for them, and I hope our crazy tricks will also get them to ride BMX some day.....

(my English sucks, I know)

|

Gravity sucks

7/28/2013 12:44 AM

Gay people have sex in the middle of my quarterpipe, and the rails are lubed with semen. That's how bad my park is.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/28/2013 1:08 AM

I have one friend who rides lol.
There's like 2 others kids who ride here and there. I usually ride with my best friend but he's on a skateboard.
BMX is dead here haha. Was kinda bangin around 2010-2011.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/28/2013 2:29 AM

NOTHING literally no one for about 15 miles who rides lol

|

Bruh

7/28/2013 5:34 AM

BMX has really grown on my town in the past 1 - 2 years, the skatepark is a piece of shit, it's mostly full of retards that want to take your bike, people throw fizzy drinks all over the ground and all of the ramps.

The ramps are rhino ramps and they fucking suck ass, they are falling apart and they are slippy as fuck.

There isn't many street spots too.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/28/2013 6:12 AM

We have 2 skateparks that are pretty fun here. We also have a ton of good rails, but none of the people ever hit them, and I didn't even know how many rails we had until RIDE told me that. As far as riders, I ride, my homie Ian kills it, and that's who I usually ride with. This dude from about 20 minutes away that goes to school here rides with us alot. Then there's an older dude Kyle that absolutely kills it, but he's got a real job so I don't get to ride with him much anymore. A new guy just moved here named Max, and I here he shreds but I've never met him. And then there's Sketchy Martel. Another friend of mine used to be REALLY good, like aproching Chase Hawk's level of steez. But his chain broke and that caused him to quit and now all he does is smoke weed.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/28/2013 6:51 AM

theres a solid 5 riders in my town , bmx is dead here and always has been

|

7/28/2013 9:10 AM

I'm from Columbus, Ohio and when I started riding it was pretty big at the time. A couple of the kids I rode with ended up going pro. It was mostly street riding back then though.

Now I live in Kansas City, Missouri and it seems to be a lot of park riding. I'm really just getting back into it but the park I go to has some good riders. I've met a couple people but i'm pretty bad so I try to just ride with myself until I get a little better. Luckily the park is less than a 5 minute drive so I've been going a few times a week.

|

7/28/2013 9:23 AM

I saw two kids who could hop, and had their bike set up the way we all would recognize ( low seat, no stickers, single rear brake or no brake at all), but I only saw them once. There is a larger group around I have seen, and they are all on random Walmart bikes. There's even one kid on a bike that is too small for him, but I think that is all he has. If I see him again, I might give him the Hyper Metro my oldest wanted a few years back. It's still like brand new, because a few months later, I gave him his current bike.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/28/2013 11:25 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

I saw two kids who could hop, and had their bike set up the way we all would recognize ( low seat, no stickers, single rear brake or no brake at all), but I only saw them once. There is a larger group around I have seen, and they are all on random Walmart bikes. There's even one kid on a bike that is too small for him, but I think that is all he has. If I see him again, I might give him the Hyper Metro my oldest wanted a few years back. It's still like brand new, because a few months later, I gave him his current bike.

Werent these same kids scared when you rode over to comfront them?

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/28/2013 11:26 AM

where I live there's only like maybe 10 guys that actually ride, unfortunately they all ride park so I never ride with them. if I actually want to ride with people (which I never do anyways) I have to go out to where my dad lives because there's more trails riders there.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/28/2013 11:29 AM

Stocksy wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote: wink thats how it goes haha i like the drug dealers tho, they are nice. so are the potheads and stuff. its the retarded hillbillies that get annoying to me!

well when i get my liscense i will drive us everywhere!

|

SHIT HAPPENS

7/28/2013 12:08 PM

Four wrote:

This.

I actually have been getting into my road bike a lot. It's similar feeling to me, riding a lot of miles as it is pulling a new trick.

I do need to ride the BMX more though. Maybe a little one day edit is due?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2013 12:29 PM

In 09 when I started riding was when the originals in my area were either getting to old, getting career jobs, or getting addicted to drugs. The scene was slowly dieing out, in fact only about 6 people in my large city rode still. Currently as I drive 3 miles back and forth to work, it's hard not to see a bmx bike, not even hypers but low end stolen's all the way through full customs. It really makes me happy because I see more and more kids riding, even more kids younger than 10 riding! It just makes me soo fucking happy.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/28/2013 12:35 PM

I've only met one guy who rides BMX. Everyone round here skates. The few street spots around here are to big for me to try. The only good thing is that i can impress almost anyone with a hop. There are a lot of mountain bike trails here,but i can't stand riding mountain bikes.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/28/2013 2:52 PM

SickDude wrote:

Werent these same kids scared when you rode over to comfront them?

I attempted to talk to the first group about places to ride in the area. I had no reason to confront them.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/28/2013 6:22 PM

i am the only solid rider in my town, that i know of, and there is a half serious rider a town away, and my town there are pretty good spots if you know how to ride them, for example there was this one bank i could never figure how to do anything on so all i did was come back from time to time a look at it until i figured out one line that worked. but to get real serious spots i have to ether go to Mankato or up by Minneapolis witch are 30 and 45 minutes away

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype