"The Best Chain Ever Made"

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2016 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2016 8:07 AM

So that's Shadows bold claim for their new Supreme Chain:

Thoughts?

I honestly will not buy any more Shadow chains after the experiences I've had with them.
Went through 4 over the course of a few years (this was with the interlock half-link 2), they just kept snapping and I was even using the chain breaker designed for the chain. I found the links to be too weak and would bend after a while. The mushroom pins would also give out and the chain would snap. It seems that they made improvements with this new the chain, but I'm doing just fine with my Primo chain for now.
|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

7/12/2016 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2016 8:48 AM

If you pedal super hard from a dead stop , it'll put a crazy amount of force on a chain . I've seen heavy people do that and snap chains . And wonder why .

I'd want to ride this , it's 80$ or something here in Canada so that's why I passed up . With guard sprockets , a normal chain should be decent for most

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/12/2016 10:00 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

If you pedal super hard from a dead stop , it'll put a crazy amount of force on a chain . I've seen heavy people do that and ...more

Exactly, I've seen pros use cheap full link chains before without any issue, hell I was looking at some bikes checks on another bmx site a while back and one pro said he wasnt even sure what kind of chain he had. He thought it was some kind of Walmart chain or something. lol

I don't see the point of spending 60 to 80 dollars for a chain, when you can find a decent one for half as much. I would be more concerned with getting a good sprocket with a built-in bash guard.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

7/12/2016 11:19 AM

1r8 bro

|

7/12/2016 1:26 PM

I've currently got a sram single speed chain just to see how it holds up. But I usually just go for cheap 410's. The way I see it, no matter how good your chain is, if you land on it, you'll damage it. And half link chains are generally just more of a ball ache than full links

|

7/12/2016 4:16 PM

My current chain is an interlock 2 and it is from around 2011 or 2012 (I could get the exact date I bought it for those who would actually care)-I know I got it when I had an Eastern, which I sold after I picked up a Federal in early 2012.

Before that (in the course of a year or two) I ran a cheap full link and a stock Eastern Half link-both snapped. Before THAT I ran a KMC Kool that never broke that I can recall. Before that, Shadow Interlock V1, lasted me around 5 years-never broke.

My experience has been in line with them having some of the best chains out there. Not everyone has the same experience.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/12/2016 6:46 PM

Been using 510s & 710s for 4 years, never had one snap, gave one of my friends an Amber 710 (i also had one at the time) and he snapped it as soon as he pedaled, while mine lasted about a year before i wanted a change for my own reasons, i just want a half link at this point because it looks cool.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/13/2016 11:58 AM

Obviously proper maintenance and correct installation play a role in how long your chain will last, as well as whether or not you bash it a few times. From what Shadow is showing it seems like the new chains are designed to take a better beating than their previous models, I'm still skeptical of their chains due to many riders I've met saying that the chains just snap from stretching over time. For anyone thinking I have something against Shadow, I don't I'm supportive of the company and their products the only thing that really gets me is how they claim their chains are "the best chains in bmx" when in fact they could not be.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

7/13/2016 12:44 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've currently got a sram single speed chain just to see how it holds up. But I usually just go for cheap 410's. The way I see ...more

I have the sram PC1 nickel-plated and it's held up great under my 230 lbs for couple of years. Looks good too. 0 issues.

I also can't see spending 2x the money on a chain.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

7/13/2016 2:25 PM

Fly Tractor chain is the best chain out there

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/13/2016 5:24 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Fly Tractor chain is the best chain out there

I've heard good things about it, no one I know uses it though.

If my Primo chain gives out I was thinking of getting it.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

7/13/2016 5:43 PM

Well, Shadow, I don't like half-link chains. BAM. Invalid statement.

My KMC Z410 is running 2 years strong. The same exact chain, not one link has been replaced.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/13/2016 8:13 PM

The kmc kool chains have awalys been good to me the one I'm running now been on for 3 years no problems and I try to ride everyday super cheap too like 20 bucks and heavy duty

|

@Instagram - Mkamp1991

jumpings ramps and stuff in the south!...of Canada

7/14/2016 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2016 5:36 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Well, Shadow, I don't like half-link chains. BAM. Invalid statement.

My KMC Z410 is running 2 years strong. The same exact ...more

Not trying to be that guy, but your personal opinion doesn't render their statement invalid.

And I've got you beat on 2 consecutive occasions WITH Shadow chains, V1 and V2.

5 years for V1 without a single break and through a couple frames, and coming up on that for my V2 (current chain-been on 3 frames no links added.)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/14/2016 6:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2016 6:45 PM

I have still not had a single issue with my Odyssey Hollow Key Chain and I'm using two (2) full-link master links and one (1) half-link master link (this allows me to use the same chain with a 25-9 & 28-10 set-up).

I pedal hard from a dead stop frequently when I ride and my Key Chain doesn't seem like it's stretched at all(that's with my 240+lb fat ass).

If I break a link, I just buy and install another master link smile + being able to break the chain with a 3mm allen key has it's benefits.

With that said though, if you don't need a half-link and don't have $$$, just get a Kool chain. If you do need a half-link pick up a Bluebird.

|

7/14/2016 10:14 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Not trying to be that guy, but your personal opinion doesn't render their statement invalid.

And I've got you beat on 2 ...more

Yeah, I understand. It's just a rather bold statement, as yoshi had remarked, and it's heavily opinionated to call it "The Best Chain Ever" on the market.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/15/2016 6:14 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Yeah, I understand. It's just a rather bold statement, as yoshi had remarked, and it's heavily opinionated to call it "The ...more

Exactly Ready gets it, if Shadow simply stated that their chain are "one of the best" instead of "the best one on the market" then that would seem less egotistical on their part.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

7/15/2016 7:31 AM

If they're backing it up with hard data and a lifetime warranty then it's not an opinion

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

7/15/2016 7:54 AM

I've been riding it for like 6months or so now. Usually my chains are falling to pieces or already replaced by now (including the Keychain), but I've yet to get through my first link. I do tons of sprocket stalls and have chunks missing out of my Supreme, but still zero problems. Shadow claimed that not a single Supreme chain has been reported broken to them, so it makes sense why they'd give it the warranty. Best chain ever, coming from a guy who hates half links!!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/15/2016 7:55 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Exactly Ready gets it, if Shadow simply stated that their chain are "one of the best" instead of "the best one on the market" ...more

Is Dan's Comp really "the BEST in BMX"?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

7/15/2016 8:56 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I've been riding it for like 6months or so now. Usually my chains are falling to pieces or already replaced by now (including ...more

Not single broken chain has been reported? It might be the case for the new chains out now, but I did post a photo of my broken chain to Instagram and facebook letting Shadow know that my chain snapped and how disapointed I was with it about a year or so ago, they simply told me to contact Sparkys Distro to try getting a new one.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

7/15/2016 9:12 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I've been riding it for like 6months or so now. Usually my chains are falling to pieces or already replaced by now (including ...more

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Not single broken chain has been reported? It might be the case for the new chains out now, but I did post a photo of my ...more

I'm only referring to the Supreme chain. I have shredded an Interlock v2 to bits, and know plenty others who have aswell. Supreme over everything.

|

7/15/2016 10:31 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'm only referring to the Supreme chain. I have shredded an Interlock v2 to bits, and know plenty others who have aswell. ...more

I had a feeling you were just wasn't sure, the Supreme chain does look solid but I wouldn't pay that price... I'm cheap haha

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

7/15/2016 1:28 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Not single broken chain has been reported? It might be the case for the new chains out now, but I did post a photo of my ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'm only referring to the Supreme chain. I have shredded an Interlock v2 to bits, and know plenty others who have aswell. ...more

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

I had a feeling you were just wasn't sure, the Supreme chain does look solid but I wouldn't pay that price... I'm cheap haha

Me too.

My next chain will probably be a bluebird, or just a random mid level full link.

But I gotta get me a frame, fork and front hub first!

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura