10/10/2018 6:33 PM

Damn...

|

10/10/2018 7:04 PM

He's a great guy.

|

10/10/2018 7:43 PM

Edit

That was crazy. I've been watching since 2016 and his progression is pretty incredible.
|

10/10/2018 8:20 PM

Great riding, was not hyped on the order of the clips though. It seemed as if the clips almost got better as the edit went on. I was pretty disinterested by the time it got to some of the cooler clips.

Also feel that he could have done a lot more if they gave him the chance to spend a month or two on it instead of a week lol

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/10/2018 9:01 PM

I’m an Edmonton Eskimo born seal clubber , but I’m a big boy fan , it’d be interesting to ride bikes with the guy one day , he’s a scooter kid , he doesn’t know Canadian edmonton bmx history

|

10/10/2018 9:38 PM

It's funny how I had a totally different image of his skill level based on Scotty's videos. That last clip was pretty crazy, didn't see it coming

|

10/10/2018 11:45 PM

Yeah it was pretty good, he's not my favourite rider in the world but his progression is very impressive. There was some clips in there that definitely surprised me with the quality but there was also some stuff that felt like filler, I think Tim is right; it would have been good to see him get longer than a week to work on it.

The ender was insane

|

10/11/2018 3:27 AM

Still haven't watched it yet. I like the lad, he obviously isn't the worlds best rider, but he (Ok Scotty definitely helps) pushes himself constantly, I enjoy watching his progression.

He also shows how much it helps riding with others, when wanting to progress.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/11/2018 4:43 AM

Big Boy is one of the better personalities on youtube in my opinion. I honestly wouldn't watch Scotty Cranmers channel without him. Now I'm not saying he makes the channel, but its his shenanigans that balances it for me. I couldn't be more happy for the dude.

|

10/11/2018 5:15 AM

He is absolutely insane...

Like I never would even THINK about doing that last trick lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/11/2018 5:32 AM

Alex “Big Boy” was getting pretty decent and after Scotty was hurt, he just advanced to and level. Scotty knows how to do almost anything on a bike. His ability to translate that to another rider is not to be overlooked. Big Boy has the right mindset but Scotty pulls the strings to get him to ride better than he thinks he can.

|

10/11/2018 5:41 AM

In case anyone is interested in watching the Shadow edit filmed and edited by Mr Trey Jones
|

10/11/2018 5:48 AM

That front flip though

|

Hmmm

10/11/2018 7:32 AM

If trey is gonna film with a trv900 he needs to learn how to turn steady shot off. Like come on trey that’s filming rule number one. The last two clips were sick. I thought he was gonna do a backflip to flair in the second to last clip though.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/11/2018 7:50 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

Alex “Big Boy” was getting pretty decent and after Scotty was hurt, he just advanced to and level. Scotty knows how to do almost anything on a bike. His ability to translate that to another rider is not to be overlooked. Big Boy has the right mindset but Scotty pulls the strings to get him to ride better than he thinks he can.

Scotty is like Big Boy's mom.

|

10/11/2018 10:53 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

If trey is gonna film with a trv900 he needs to learn how to turn steady shot off. Like come on trey that’s filming rule number one. The last two clips were sick. I thought he was gonna do a backflip to flair in the second to last clip though.

Knowing Trey, he probably purposely left the steadyshot on.

|

10/11/2018 11:26 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Shirts off, steadyshots on.

Big Boy is great, works really hard, and stays with it. Gotta hand it to him. I too have lost nearly 100lbs and its not easy. I know the dedication that dude has and I think this is well deserved.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

10/11/2018 12:21 PM

I thought the wallride tail tap on the parking curb at around 2:15 was nice too. That last trick though. He doesn't do what you think he's going to do...

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

10/11/2018 1:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2018 1:33 PM

Rabbe wrote:

It's funny how I had a totally different image of his skill level based on Scotty's videos. That last clip was pretty crazy, didn't see it coming

Honestly, I dont think this video showcases his ability very well. In terms of street riding he doesnt have as much experience as he does park but he does have more of a tricklist than the 180 barspins and flairs he did in this video.

But Its not about how good of a rider you are, its about your following. He is nowhere near the best in terms of ability but he is recognizable and a has heart.

Glad to see Big Boy getting more support from the bmx industry recognizing how big of a force the Scotty Cranmer channel is.

|

10/11/2018 1:59 PM

Oldguyjon wrote:

I thought the wallride tail tap on the parking curb at around 2:15 was nice too. That last trick though. He doesn't do what you think he's going to do...

Yeah, that was easily my favorite along with the frontflip, unexpected and I love it!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

10/11/2018 5:12 PM

Rabbe wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Honestly, I dont think this video showcases his ability very well. In terms of street riding he doesnt have as much experience as he does park but he does have more of a tricklist than the 180 barspins and flairs he did in this video.

But Its not about how good of a rider you are, its about your following. He is nowhere near the best in terms of ability but he is recognizable and a has heart.

Glad to see Big Boy getting more support from the bmx industry recognizing how big of a force the Scotty Cranmer channel is.

Majority of what big boy does is street. Park is transition riding.

|

10/11/2018 5:22 PM

Rabbe wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

There is a big pretty difference riding street at a skatepark and riding street in the streets. Things slide better and things are thought out to do tricks on intentionally at a park. I get what you are saying though.

|

10/11/2018 8:28 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Yeah I see what you're saying, just meant that in the youtube channel you see a lot of fails and "big boy are you ok" stuff with very little success. And I get it, it's part of the channel and editing but it was nice to see this edit where he actually focused on getting landed tricks on film.

|

10/12/2018 9:16 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

There is a big pretty difference riding street at a skatepark and riding street in the streets. Things slide better and things are thought out to do tricks on intentionally at a park. I get what you are saying though.

No doubt if you try park style street riding on real street you are in for a rude awakening to say the least. Takes time to get both down but hats off to OBB he is trying

|

10/12/2018 9:50 AM

Rabbe wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

Yeah I see what you're saying, just meant that in the youtube channel you see a lot of fails and "big boy are you ok" stuff with very little success. And I get it, it's part of the channel and editing but it was nice to see this edit where he actually focused on getting landed tricks on film.

He usually eventually lands what he's getting destroyed on though. That's what I like about him. He keeps trying, even if he needs a little prodding from his mom. Even when he was tubby and had no confidence he would get up and try it again unless he was actually hurt.

|

10/12/2018 11:02 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

Doesn’t make it ok haha

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/12/2018 11:21 AM

Wayne S wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

No doubt if you try park style street riding on real street you are in for a rude awakening to say the least. Takes time to get both down but hats off to OBB he is trying

I think he is a great rider and has style/personality that shines through his riding. Dont get me wrong, im not talking shit, just clarifying there is a pretty big difference in street park and street street. wink

|

10/12/2018 12:05 PM

Unpopular opinion probably, but the wall to fakie, to fufanu on the parking block was more interesting than seeing him huck a front flip, personally.

I think those tight area tech things show more control and skill than just hucking something off a roof.

|

Come back with a warrant.

10/14/2018 8:26 AM

The edit feels rushed.... We all know how creative can be

|

Bunny hop and take your thumbs off
Tuck no footer
Tuck no fingers
Fakie switch bunny hop
Nose manual 1 ruler - krookedude

10/14/2018 10:02 AM

shef wrote:

The edit feels rushed.... We all know how creative can be

Well, I think he is wearing the same shirt in all the clips so Im assuming this is a one day and done kind of ordeal. I might be remembering it wrong, either way, I agree with you.

|