The Daily Grind Guard Sprocket

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2013 8:01 PM

Just saw this on Instagram:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Not a huge fan of it. Looks beefy, but I don't get the point of a full guard if there's only one sprocket bolt hole.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/23/2013 8:03 PM

Looks damn good, but thats true! no use for grinding then.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/23/2013 8:09 PM

inb4 OneEyeIlluminatiGuy saying they copied every other guarded sprocket

they look really good, but yeah I really don't see why they'd only make 1 sprocket bolt hole.

|

5/23/2013 8:13 PM

That's Purdy, however one sprocket bolt? Not good! Need to rotate to keep everything running fresh.

|

5/23/2013 8:13 PM

that looks badass. what is it, 10mm + guard? lol. but needs at least 3 bolt positions

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/23/2013 8:25 PM

tomdon wrote:

that looks badass. what is it, 10mm + guard? lol. but needs at least 3 bolt positions

whats the point in extra bolt holes

this is my next sprocket if they have 27 or 30t

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/23/2013 8:27 PM

tomdon wrote:

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Wow.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/23/2013 8:29 PM

tomdon wrote:

its for rotation. you grind the same spot long enough and eventually your chain isnt protected anymore.

|

5/23/2013 8:35 PM

So the holes form a triangle and the illuminati can watch you

|

5/23/2013 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2013 8:40 PM

tomdon wrote:

-.- Really?! Tomdon said it right. If you cant rotate the sprocket, even round once you will eventually grind down till the chain is no longer protected & then you will have a Guard Sprocket with 3 other perfect quarters that cant be used because there is no way of spinning the sprocket to one of the 3 other quarters.

|

5/23/2013 8:46 PM

tomdon wrote:

tomdon wrote:

its for rotation. you grind the same spot long enough and eventually your chain isnt protected anymore.

The more you know

|

The winners guide to tricks: Tuck-it, huck-it, or fuck-it!

My music:http://fxaudiorage.bandcamp.com/

5/23/2013 8:52 PM

Topsey wrote:

-.- Really?! Tomdon said it right. If you cant rotate the sprocket, even round once you will eventually grind down till the chain is no longer protected & then you will have a Guard Sprocket with 3 other perfect quarters that cant be used because there is no way of spinning the sprocket to one of the 3 other quarters.

This. Not to sound like a weight whore, but without extra bolt hole locations, the top part of the guard is just extra weight.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/23/2013 9:00 PM

Topsey wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

This. Not to sound like a weight whore, but without extra bolt hole locations, the top part of the guard is just extra weight.

I'm by no means a weight whore, I run what's strong, not light. But I was thinking the same thing. Why put a guard where it can't be used?

|

5/23/2013 9:04 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Exactly! It's like having a big mass of extra flesh and bone around the vagina. What's that called again? Oh yeah, the woman. Hahahahahahaha

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/23/2013 11:08 PM

Topsey wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

this, its fucking idiotic, they should just have a half guard for it if theyre going to have 1 hole

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/24/2013 1:43 AM

One bolt hole full guard for ET sprocket stalls

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/24/2013 5:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2013 5:48 AM

Gump wrote:

One bolt hole full guard for ET sprocket stalls

an et is where you pedal one full crank so you would still land on the same side there for that makes no sense

but that would be a sweet trick to do :p

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/24/2013 6:24 AM

I'm meaning that whilst stalled then do an ET and scuff that guard up

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/24/2013 7:14 AM

Gump wrote:

I'm meaning that whilst stalled then do an ET and scuff that guard up

Pedal would hit whatever youre stalling on.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest