The Front Brakes Appreciation Thread

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2016 12:18 PM

If you love front brakes, post stuff about it!

If you're front brake curious....try them out and enjoy what you have been missing out on.

If you're "too street" for front brakes, go put front brakes on and stop being silly.

|

It’s all bmx

5/5/2016 12:44 PM

I'm too street for front brakes

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/5/2016 3:15 PM

I have always had front brakes, and plan on having them on m new bike when i get it. Never did bar spins, or stuff like that, and since I ride trails quite often, I want the front brakes.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/5/2016 4:49 PM

I'm too poor for front brakes.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/5/2016 7:30 PM

Don't have any time for front brakes , but they'd be fun . Lots of spills for me though if I got them lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/6/2016 12:53 PM

Front brake guys are the new vegans and crossfitters. We get it, you have front brakes

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

5/6/2016 2:54 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Front brake guys are the new vegans and crossfitters. We get it, you have front brakes

*At a vegan restaurant where a crossfit guy starts choking on his food*
Waiter- "Oh my god he's choking! Does anyone here know CPR?!"
Guy who rides front brakes- "I ride front brakes."

|

5/6/2016 3:03 PM

I think it's cool there's like a whole underground front brake revolution. If I rode ramps I'd definitely have one. It looks fun as hell, but ramps just don't interest me

|

5/6/2016 6:50 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

*At a vegan restaurant where a crossfit guy starts choking on his food*
Waiter- "Oh my god he's choking! Does anyone here know ...more

How do you know if a guy rides front brakes?
Don't worry, they'll tell you.

|

But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/6/2016 8:40 PM

How do you know if someone rides front brakes?
you'll hear the noises of a dying rat as you show up to the skatepark

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/6/2016 8:42 PM

also who the hell has 150 for new forks 50 at least for new brakes/cable and another 20 for a lever just to see if they like something
hell you can almost get a new frame for that price

|

5/6/2016 8:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2016 8:56 PM

one try kid wrote:

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Don't worry, they'll make a thread about it.

A guy who rides front brakes walks into a bar... I know this cause they immediately told me as soon as I sat down.

|

5/8/2016 7:51 AM

I started out doing flatland in like 2001 witj only front brakes and switched to street later but kept the same set up. Had so much fun with those babies. Front brakes are worth it unless youre concerned about what people who have never ridden them think about you haha. On the reals though.. a lot of front brake riders ive met recently have their brakes sluggish as fuck with cracked cables.and almost no spring tension which makes the brakes feel disgusting. This could be why so many people who try their bikes have such a negative view of it.

|

5/8/2016 1:36 PM

Riding front brakes is a lot like reverse fight club. Because the first rule of riding front brakes is to never shut up about riding front brakes.

- Mike Mulloy, Comedian

|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/8/2016 4:31 PM

one try kid wrote:

Riding front brakes is a lot like reverse fight club. Because the first rule of riding front brakes is to never shut up about ...more

Lofl. Thats funny as shit. I feel like riding odyssey forks fits into this club too.

|

5/8/2016 4:44 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Lofl. Thats funny as shit. I feel like riding odyssey forks fits into this club too.

Imagine if you ride F25's though.
You can talk about front brakes while talking about odsy forks.
That's like a cross-fitter who rides fixies.

#mindblown

|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/8/2016 4:55 PM

Like, I literally can't even. Literally. That would like, break the bmx internet.

|

5/9/2016 11:48 AM

Same thing could be said about Fireball tires, massive bars, certain brands, freecoasters and so on.

Regardless, front brakes are fun. Try them, or don't, I'm not a cop. But know that by limiting yourself to one setup, you are limiting the fun you can have.

There's more to bmx than foot tall ledges and 180s kids!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/9/2016 11:55 AM

Dave, I thought of you with this front brake madness. I was actually thinking of throwing a pair on. I need to do some research on it. I need new forks? I guess caliper brakes are a pretty bad idea...

|

5/9/2016 1:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2016 1:21 PM

johnduff86 wrote:

Dave, I thought of you with this front brake madness. I was actually thinking of throwing a pair on. I need to do some ...more

One thing you COULD do to make it cheaper is to get a 990 brake plate:
https://www.danscomp.com/products-parts/489057/990_Brake_Plate.html

Then you can try em on the cheap, and if you like em you can snag up a fork. This way all you need is a lever, a cable, the brake plate and a brake.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura