The Gift of BMX - Giving Away a Custom BMX Bike

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2018 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2018 7:58 AM

I'm in the process of going through all the content from Capital-Lou-Jam and will make an official thread on here when all is done, but in the meantime wanted to show off the outcome of a project that a few forum members were generous enough to help out with.

We generated approximately $200 from Raffle Tickets for this Custom BMX Bike that I built with your guys' help. All that money went towards a BUNCH of BBQ the next day & we fed an entire skatepark's worth of riders with it!

Now for the part you're all waiting for..
This dude literally broke his bike moments before the Raffle drawing & was walking around asking people to fix it for him.
Sure enough, I pulled his name out of the Raffle box and I dont think I've ever seen a child happier than him at that moment!
It was well deserved, & he's a local St. Louis kid so it's awesome to see the bike staying within our local community.
I think if I had to pick a winner instead of raffling, I would have chose him, so this literally worked out perfectly.
I'm on the left side of the first photo, & my bestfriend is on the right. We were just as happy to give away a bike as he was to win one!
Photo
Photo

Afterwards, I kicked off my 21st Birthday party & was in the bar most of the night, but it turns out he was right outside the bar learning new tricks for a good portion of the After-Party.
Here's a clip on his Instagram of him learning Crankflips right outside the bar. You can definitely tell that this bike has found itself a good home.

Special Thanks to
TheDarkEnergist for shipping over this wheelset. They seriously make this bike as nice as it is!
graybush38 for the Seat Post. The color ended up working out really well with the rest of the build!
David's Bicycle Shop in Florissant, MO for the Seat that set the theme for the bike.
RampRiders STL for hooking it up with the Seat Clamp & Axle Nuts.
Russell Crane for the Frame, Forks, Cranks, & Chain.
Kyle Cavin for the Sprocket and a few other parts that I ended up not using.
Davion Townsend for the bars.
You guys are all awesome thank you so much!! Couldn't have done this without your guys' help.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/10/2018 8:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2018 8:03 AM

This makes me so proud to:

1- Ride with a worldwide family like BMX has created.

2 - Be a part of this forum, which is like a microcosm of the bigger family.

Seriously, I've been on so many forums for cars, photography, design, art, etc and NOTHING comes close to how many cool people I've met in the few months I've been here. This is just how things should be. We all chip in, we all help, we grow the sport from the ground up. This kid getting this bike is proof positive, I think we have the best group athletes out there. Especially since there aren't many "rich" BMX riders, it just makes it so rad that we can pull together and keep kids riding.

Side Note (for people who didn't know): I was a bit pissed off at FedEx regarding shipping the wheels. I had it estimated at about $27 to ship and printed the label. They said they needed to repack it and I was dropping off during my lunchbreak so I didn't have time. Turns out they charged me $100 to ship. I was pissed. Was. Now? It's all worth it. This is such a good feeling and all I did was put wheels in a box! laughing

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/10/2018 8:05 AM

Awesome!

|

4/10/2018 8:35 AM

Good shit!! Yeah for real, alota cool folks here on Vital!

|

4/10/2018 8:39 AM

That's awesome that it went to a kid that needs it & appreciates it!

|

4/10/2018 8:42 AM

That's awesome!

|

4/10/2018 9:00 AM

Fockin' awesome man! What's the specs on this kid's sweet new G-whip?

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/10/2018 9:16 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Fockin' awesome man! What's the specs on this kid's sweet new G-whip?

Click the blue "Custom BMX Bike" link for a Bike Check of the Bike!!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

4/10/2018 11:55 AM

That's absolutely badass!

|

4/10/2018 12:18 PM

Thats so perfect! What a lucky kid, glad it went to someone that needed it.

|

4/10/2018 1:03 PM

That is awesome I'm hoping there are some clips from this jam I'd love to see the madness that went on

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

4/10/2018 8:55 PM

DatJiggyNiggy wrote:

That is awesome I'm hoping there are some clips from this jam I'd love to see the madness that went on

A few people are working on their own videos & vlogs, & I plan on making a highlights video compiled from everyone's clips.

|

4/10/2018 9:07 PM

Ummm... Where's the happy tears emoticon?

|

4/10/2018 9:57 PM

Good stuff, Tim! Keep up what you're doing. *Fistpump Emoji*

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn