The "I went riding today" -thread

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2018 9:53 AM

Did you ride your bike today? Share it with the rest of us!

I thought it would be nice to hear about the everyday adventures of people in here, whether it was a crazy group session in a massive skatepark or a quick solo ride in the parking lot 2 minutes from your door. Was it awesome or did it suck? Did you learn something or couldn't even nail the ones you've had on lock for years?

I had my second quick session after a "small break" of 6 years. Nothing too fancy, just a couple hours of trying to remember how the heck everything is done. I managed to get my 180's working again, although they're not looking too pretty atm but I'm happy nonetheless. Also managed to land a footjam tailwhip and my first ever bunnyhop crankflip

What I was left with is sore muscles, multiple scratches in the shins and two spots in my hand with practically no skin left but it was a good evening anyway.

|

7/25/2018 10:52 AM

We allowed to post video links if its a riding "adventure"?

|

7/25/2018 10:58 AM

Yeah everything goes, pictures/videos you name it. I just didn't post any because I was too lazy to film anything today :D

|

7/25/2018 11:05 AM

Been raining here for a week and it's suppose to last another week. I just built a new bike

|

7/25/2018 11:19 AM

dead goon wrote:

Been raining here for a week and it's suppose to last another week. I just built a new bike

Damn that sucks, new bike and everything... I know the feeling tho, we get plenty of rain here

|

7/25/2018 11:20 AM

Well, I'm running on the high of feeling good enough (and having the time) to ride for 4 straight days. Dealing with the body pains that come with beating the shit out of myself, not having enough time in the day to get all the work I need to get done, and chores, it's a rare thing when I'm able to ride that many days consecutively.

My last ride was on Monday, and I started to learn Fufanu stalls on a bank! Some kid who was on rollerblades and then a skateboard started chatting me up and asked if he could try a 180º on my bike and I obliged (he left his bike, board and blades near me, so he wasn't trying anything fucky)

We talked for a while and he basically said "just fuckin send it, dude. Trust your bike and your body" and he had a point. Rode up a bank, grabbed that lever, and just yanked the shit out of my bars to the right and it felt awesome.

Other than that I'm still dialing in 180's and have nose press stalls to fakies down pretty well.

All in all, I'm making a bit of progress every time I ride, and that's 90% of the reason I ride.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/25/2018 11:53 AM

Well I was sat ready for my mate to come pick me up to ride ramp1 stakepark,sat all padded up ready to go sweating my backside off...

Then he text to say his car was broke 😢😢😢

|

7/25/2018 1:08 PM

dead goon wrote:

Same here. Rebuilt my bike and now rain all week. Everything is so flooded.

|

7/25/2018 1:12 PM

pretty stoked that i was able to go for a 4 mile WALK today. at a snails pace. Won't be on a bike for months or maybe a year.

That's what happens when you're old as fuck and get broke off...

|

7/25/2018 1:24 PM

I went riding this morning, my Second real session with some Venom pegs. I like how they slide smooth and fast, But I'm asking myself if it's really worth it? Like I got so used to just banging my Metal pegs on anything and not worrying about the peg, I get the point of plastics sleeves is to have the Pegs take the beating. But it's literally limiting me, I'm worried I'll shave these things down quick.
Nothing special really, Just means i'm going back to Metal when these are done for, But I'll give it a month or so, see if I come around

|

7/25/2018 1:31 PM

dead goon wrote:

bassist_nerd wrote:

Same here. Rebuilt my bike and now rain all week. Everything is so flooded.

Mother Nature is a cunt.

|

7/25/2018 1:38 PM

no, i had a weight session last night and work in the morning so today is R&R also its thunderstorming out

|

pew pew

7/25/2018 3:18 PM

Yesterday I spent an hour driving in the Cape trying to find one damn park. Finally found one in Chatham, met with a cool group and rode my ass off. No clips but it was an excellent sesh with good people

|

7/25/2018 4:53 PM

On like day 7 of a downswing forced myself to ride a bit had a bad and flat sesh with dead spongy legs and didn’t have one moment that felt good, left within an hour. Lying down and my lower back feels like shit, want to ride more but don’t know if I will because I have a full day of physical work tomorrow and i know my daughter wants me to hangout with her...maybe I’ll get a sesh in tomorrow morning...right now I’m getting up to get myself a six pack...I’m going to ride to get the beer...this seems like a good compromise...

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

7/25/2018 5:01 PM

Just ride around for a bit out front today, I got my 180s ALOT higher! And I got footjam back tire grabs (more like a tire slap but hey) I also took a few slams on hops 3s.. kinda gave up on those but I'm trying them again...

Pretty stoked considering I only rode for like 30 mins lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/25/2018 5:06 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just ride around for a bit out front today, I got my 180s ALOT higher! And I got footjam back tire grabs (more like a tire slap but hey) I also took a few slams on hops 3s.. kinda gave up on those but I'm trying them again...

Those back tire grabs are fun as hell to do

|

7/25/2018 5:13 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

Those back tire grabs are fun as hell to do

Yeah they were!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/26/2018 12:51 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

I went riding this morning, my Second real session with some Venom pegs. I like how they slide smooth and fast, But I'm asking myself if it's really worth it? Like I got so used to just banging my Metal pegs on anything and not worrying about the peg, I get the point of plastics sleeves is to have the Pegs take the beating. But it's literally limiting me, I'm worried I'll shave these things down quick.
Nothing special really, Just means i'm going back to Metal when these are done for, But I'll give it a month or so, see if I come around

Drop some info here on how the plastic holds up when you've been using them for a while, been thinking about getting a pair but not really convinced yet.

|

7/26/2018 4:31 AM

Just got my new bike rolling since my t1 was stolen from work. I hate to be pessimistic about it but it doesn't feel like my bike and has taken all the wind out of my sails as far as riding goes. Fucking hate thieves, my luck, life in general lately. Went to a few spots around town with my friend that skates and basically put in work fixing spots because of the bike situation. Eventually just skated with him instead of getting any further down on myself.. Hopefully I feel differently soon

|

@coupd_tat

7/26/2018 5:22 AM

No to make this the "I never went riding today" thread, but yeah I pretty much won't be riding for over a week, I'm away on my jollies this weekend and I don't want to pick up any injuries before hand.

The bike will get an extra seeing to when I'm back!

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

7/26/2018 5:55 AM

coupde_tat wrote:

Just got my new bike rolling since my t1 was stolen from work. I hate to be pessimistic about it but it doesn't feel like my bike and has taken all the wind out of my sails as far as riding goes. Fucking hate thieves, my luck, life in general lately. Went to a few spots around town with my friend that skates and basically put in work fixing spots because of the bike situation. Eventually just skated with him instead of getting any further down on myself.. Hopefully I feel differently soon

Damn that sucks man... Getting your shit stolen is a pain in the ass. How long did you have the bike? Hopefully the new one will start feeling more familiar soon enough

|

7/26/2018 6:42 AM

I found a bent post the other day (in between downpours). It's what connects those cable to phone poles and secures them into the ground. The cables were gone and just the post remained. I was able to play around on that for a bit. Mostly peg chinks, but hey, I was able to chink all 4 pegs and to grind both ices. I don't have any pics or vids but that was the first moment I felt like I actually felt like a street rider.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

7/26/2018 11:52 AM

weather looks great today so I plan on going over to the mainland for some riding in my favorite bowl after work

|

7/26/2018 11:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2018 12:01 PM

Rabbe wrote:

Drop some info here on how the plastic holds up when you've been using them for a while, been thinking about getting a pair but not really convinced yet.

I Plan on mentioning the Venom pegs and A.K Pedals when I do a review of the A.K Guard Sprocket. Been riding it for two months just another week or two of putting Eclat plastic through proper abuse and I'll start a thread for it.

|

7/26/2018 1:45 PM

coupde_tat wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

Damn that sucks man... Getting your shit stolen is a pain in the ass. How long did you have the bike? Hopefully the new one will start feeling more familiar soon enough

I mean it had a peace sign cable hanger and bar ends from my first real bike I got at 12 so I'm 28 now.. A long time but I got new frame and forks 2 years ago so it was the same bike I'd had my whole life never gotten a bike stolen before. I was literally heart broken for like hours after I got to work and saw cops there n shit I

|

@coupd_tat

7/26/2018 9:49 PM

cruised around for a little... nearly got run over by an old cunt who apparently missed the drivers lesson that teaches you that you're supposed to pull up to the white line at a sidewalk crossing (not over it), look, THEN pull forward, so I cussed her out after she had the audacity to act like I was at fault, then went and rode a school, did a few peg chinks and a manual 180 and went home. nothing special but I rode after it rained several days straight here

|

7/26/2018 10:11 PM

I had a doctors apointment this morning and they told me they want to either replace my left collarbone completely or just leave me fucked up for the rest of my life. So i was pretty bummed and went to pedal around. Then i saw this white pigeon that was having trouble flying and i picked him up. He is super cool and i named him Roger

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/26/2018 10:13 PM

With school taking up all my time and my knees being absolute trash , I have barely been riding... dont take it for granted.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/27/2018 8:28 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I had a doctors apointment this morning and they told me they want to either replace my left collarbone completely or just leave me fucked up for the rest of my life. So i was pretty bummed and went to pedal around. Then i saw this white pigeon that was having trouble flying and i picked him up. He is super cool and i named him Roger

Aww man it sucks to hear news like that. Have had my share of that with a messed up shoulder, doctor basically said they can't do much to it and that I should just live with it and stop doing stuff where it could dislocate again. Obviously didn't lol.

And damn Roger seems super cool just chilling.

|

7/27/2018 8:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2018 8:51 AM

So far I sessioned about 15 minutes in the parking lot next door. There’s a little ramp that it’s relatively straightforward to 180 like a quarter pipe. I’m gonna ride again later today but today’s my birthday so I’m gonna eat with family in about 10 minutes.
EDIT: I only stopped because my rear brakes weren’t working. Undid my brakes to discover that it was just a cable going loose on my nearly 20 year old gyro lmao.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican