Create New Tag

4/8/2021 10:47 AM

Fortyseven wrote: Photo

Some not so gnarly riding. LOL.

There’s no such thing, so long as you’re having a good time

|

4/10/2021 10:14 PM

Michael Cranston wrote:

Working on trying to get my airs higher on the 6ft quarter at my local. Really want to get over that rail on the left on me by the end of summer and then start doing some actual air tricks.

Photo

You got it man.

You dont have to listen but i think this may help you...

Use your momentum up the ramp. Try keeping your body more behind the seat/back wheel when going up the transition and pull off the coping. It will help you to pop or spring up and off the coping. You will be able to get over the rail easily with the speed you have if you are going this height now. Your body positioning with your knees being soo far over the toptube is limiting your peak height bc your body is too tense in that position. Loosening up will completely change how you air.

You can draw a line straight up on the ramp and practice going up the ramp straight up it, airing and trying to come exactly back down the line. It will teach you how to compress your body and bike correctly a. To make the wheel base clear the coping without casing(this is the key imo to get good airs, some riders do it a bit different, but the goal is to manipulate the bike enough sideways or come in nose heavy to basically shorten the wheel base to not clip, or case) and b. Teach you how to drive up the quarter with your speed and momentum blast of the coping.

Hope this helps man and keep blasting.

|

4/11/2021 4:31 AM

Heavy session at Sydney Park this evening, Dylan Lewis, Ryan Saville, Tom Boorman and a few others. It was nice to meet Dylan, he was real friendly actually. He lives a short ride from the skatepark park now, proper local it sounds like.

I got there mid afternoon so I was finishing up as they got started unfortunately. I rode alright, for me! I reckon the next thing I want to learn is a tire slide on the teardrop. Then maybe find a mouthguard, and have a serious go at the deep end...

|

4/11/2021 6:46 AM

Iconic Providence Spot.

I havent filmed video part since I was a kid. Ganna give it a go.

As I crept up the stairs to get this, I was kindly asked by a nice young man if he could have 2 bucks. I told him sorry that I didnt ride around with cash. He proceeded to walk away, when he pulled his shorts down to his bare ass and said I could have a "go", for that 2 bucks. I very nicely responded thanks but no thanks, and that it was a generous offer, but I was all set. He continued to walk away and yell that he was just testing me. I yelled "sure".

Thankfully, he did explain to me that it was the suboxone and the Monster he had just consumed, that made him ask me. I responded jokingly "Monster makes me do the same thing!"

He turned and replied "Weird, No shit!?" and ran into the night.

I couldnt get down the gap fast enough to tell my buddy what 2 bucks could buy for you these days in the City.

Photo

|

4/11/2021 8:31 AM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

Iconic Providence Spot.

I havent filmed video part since I was a kid. Ganna give it a go.

As I crept up the stairs to get this, I was kindly asked by a nice young man if he could have 2 bucks. I told him sorry that I didnt ride around with cash. He proceeded to walk away, when he pulled his shorts down to his bare ass and said I could have a "go", for that 2 bucks. I very nicely responded thanks but no thanks, and that it was a generous offer, but I was all set. He continued to walk away and yell that he was just testing me. I yelled "sure".

Thankfully, he did explain to me that it was the suboxone and the Monster he had just consumed, that made him ask me. I responded jokingly "Monster makes me do the same thing!"

He turned and replied "Weird, No shit!?" and ran into the night.

I couldnt get down the gap fast enough to tell my buddy what 2 bucks could buy for you these days in the City.

Photo

What did I just read???

|

4/11/2021 9:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2021 9:11 AM

Vic707b wrote:

What did I just read???

Hahaha. The craziness of riding street in the city late at night. Its usually a little more subdued than the pill fiend but shit like that happens every time we go out on the weekend.

It's not worth calling people out or whatever, a lot of the times dudes don't feel like they have much to lose. We've been in some crazy situations, its better to just let shit go.

An hour later, we saw a drunk dude attempt to pull a dude of a truck to beat him up, but instead got jumped by 5 of the driver's friend in the middle of the street.

We bolted after kids swore they were running home to grab their "pieces".

Some dudes are bluffing but some are not.

|

4/11/2021 7:00 PM

Rode this old school concrete park this weekend;

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Steady Lurkin'

4/11/2021 9:03 PM

d-Herz wrote:

Rode this old school concrete park this weekend;

Photo