??? The Make ???

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2013 12:01 AM

Any info on this company? Ive been riding The Make Croft for over a year
I only got it cause it was on sale and I needed a frame. I could never find anything out about the company though. I'm looking at getting a set of their bars and pegs but I'm skeptical because my lack of knowledge about them! I heard that FBM makes their parts but never got a 100% answer. Anybody know anything about who makes their parts (if they don't make their own) and are their parts any good? Especially frame bars and pegs.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/26/2013 12:02 AM

The MAKE. NOT. The TAKE

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

8/26/2013 12:12 AM

they seam legit try it and get back to us

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/26/2013 1:05 AM

FBM makes the Take. The Make is a UK company owned by a rider called orlando. They were in last years Ride UK ride to glory.

|

8/26/2013 8:15 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

FBM makes the Take. The Make is a UK company owned by a rider called orlando. They were in last years Ride UK ride to glory.

Are they any good? My last understanding was FBM owns The Take but they also make The Makes parts.. but nobody gave me the 100 on it

|

8/26/2013 8:23 AM

Where did you hear that FBM makes The Make's stuff?

|

8/26/2013 8:35 AM

Fondue wrote:

I was looking stuff up about themake and on some forum thread someone said FBM makes their parts for them, and fbm owns thetake. One person said that, nobody disagreed with him, and I was never able to find proof that he was right. That's what I'm hoping to do here

|

8/26/2013 9:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2013 9:06 AM

From what i've seen all the make's frames are sanko cromo which leads me to beleave that fbm prolly dosent make them...
I found this on their website, http://themake.wordpress.com/contact/ so ask away.

|

8/26/2013 12:08 PM

Fondue wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I was looking stuff up about themake and on some forum thread someone said FBM makes their parts for them, and fbm owns thetake. One person said that, nobody disagreed with him, and I was never able to find proof that he was right. That's what I'm hoping to do here

Are you thinking the two (The Take and The Make) are somehow connected because of the names? The name for The Make comes from the owner's last name. They are not connected with FBM in anyway that I can find. Just because someone's statement is not refuted on a forum doesn't mean that person is correct. And if The Make was connected with FBM, they would be distributed by Last Call instead of Sparky's. I hope this clears things up for you.

|

8/26/2013 12:16 PM

Fondue wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Are you thinking the two (The Take and The Make) are somehow connected because of the names? The name for The Make comes from the owner's last name. They are not connected with FBM in anyway that I can find. Just because someone's statement is not refuted on a forum doesn't mean that person is correct. And if The Make was connected with FBM, they would be distributed by Last Call instead of Sparky's. I hope this clears things up for you.

Nope had nothing to do with the name. Here's why I askPhoto

|

8/26/2013 12:31 PM

The Make and FBM are not related in anyway. I think The Make is closely related to Federal though, mainly because of the dropout shape, but I could be wrong.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/26/2013 12:42 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The Make and FBM are not related in anyway. I think The Make is closely related to Federal though, mainly because of the dropout shape, but I could be wrong.

Federal is owned by Seventies Distro here in the UK, and The Make is a UK company which is distributed by Seventies, so it's quite possible.

|

8/26/2013 12:48 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Federal is owned by Seventies Distro here in the UK, and The Make is a UK company which is distributed by Seventies, so it's quite possible.

I saw on themakebmx.com three videos named Mutiny Vs. The Make.. maybe they're related? Seventies distro sponsored the vids or something.. they were a part of them somehow

|

8/26/2013 1:30 PM

Hey Tim, remember when you said "nobody disagreed with him"? Well, if you take a look again you'll see that cupovjoe disagreed and is correct.

Mutiny and The Make are not related either. Stop drawing these conclusions. People/companies collaborate. It means nothing more than that. Cult and Vans did a grip together, it doesn't mean that Vans owns Cult or vice versa.

The Make makes some good parts though. The Croft is a quality frame that was made in Taiwan.

|

8/26/2013 1:53 PM

Fondue wrote:

Hey Tim, remember when you said "nobody disagreed with him"? Well, if you take a look again you'll see that cupovjoe disagreed and is correct.

Mutiny and The Make are not related either. Stop drawing these conclusions. People/companies collaborate. It means nothing more than that. Cult and Vans did a grip together, it doesn't mean that Vans owns Cult or vice versa.

The Make makes some good parts though. The Croft is a quality frame that was made in Taiwan.

I was never trying to draw conclusions? I just wanted to know more about the company because I haven't been able to find a lot of info

|

8/26/2013 6:16 PM

That was in my embarrssing noob days. Don't judge me please!

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/26/2013 6:31 PM

Stick with products that are made in the general country you live in , otherwise you won't know shit about them , as proven by this forum post.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short