The Make Death Hand Top Loader Stem

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2014 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2014 2:36 PM

Hi guys so i just got my new stuff in today it the make death hand top loader stem. I brought it from a seller on ebay master blaster planet. I think it might be the lighest top load stem out it 8.5oz. I also brought the subrosa forever mid seat and got free sticker and two 2014 shadow and subrosa catalog free with my order. Here some pics of the cool box and the stem.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/3/2014 2:38 PM

Dam it looks really good.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/3/2014 2:54 PM

Without that shitty hand decal that stem would look rad

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

3/3/2014 3:01 PM

Dude I think it look rad with the hand decal it called the death hand stem for an reason.

|

3/3/2014 3:21 PM

Looks good... post pics of it mounted!

|

Refs: Ecuadevil, Rollin'on20's, Obiwan Chromoly(x2), Future_D, Joe_Medina, bobPA

3/3/2014 3:23 PM

Topload stem with only 10mm rise? I get 9.7mm rise on frontload. That thing is crazy light.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/3/2014 3:31 PM

ak_guero wrote:

Looks good... post pics of it mounted!

Ok i will do that it might take while because I'm get more stuff of my bike so be on a look out in bike check section.

|

3/3/2014 3:39 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

Topload stem with only 10mm rise? I get 9.7mm rise on frontload. That thing is crazy light.

I was surprise on the spec and how light it was 8.5oz wow.

|

3/3/2014 4:32 PM

That actually looks really cool...too light though i wouldn't feel secure with it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/3/2014 4:59 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

That actually looks really cool...too light though i wouldn't feel secure with it

Well it only one way to find out if i be secure with it. Is to put on my bars and ride i will let you how it feels. The only thing is i have the first version of the animal jump off stem i want to ride that before putting the make stem on. I just got an wtp addict it has the animal piff with animal jump off stem that look in good condition i still would let you know how the stem is.

|

3/3/2014 5:00 PM

It looks dope ! It'd be sick if it had a 48mm reach.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/3/2014 10:20 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

It looks dope ! It'd be sick if it had a 48mm reach.

I can't wait until use them. I had put them on a extra set bars to see how it looks but i didn't put them on my bike yet.

|

3/3/2014 10:23 PM

Sunday freeze 4 life. #sweg

|

3/3/2014 10:28 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Sunday freeze is overrated to many people has one. Plus i already got the Sunday freeze stem. I think the make death hand TL stem looks better then the freeze.

|

3/3/2014 10:31 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Sunday freeze is overrated to many people has one. Plus i already got the Sunday freeze stem. I think the make death hand TL ...more

I think if we had sean burns do a drop on each of our stems, mine would last longer.

|

10/15/2018 10:56 AM

where did u buy

|

10/15/2018 10:57 AM

thconwell wrote:

where did u buy

You think they will still have it in stock after 4 years?

|

10/15/2018 11:29 AM

It's in stock on the make website, was last time I looked anyway.
On a side note, niki croft, who used to ride for the make, uses one of my sprockets XD

|

10/15/2018 11:31 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's in stock on the make website, was last time I looked anyway.
On a side note, niki croft, who used to ride for the make, ...more

That's hella cool tbh grin

|

10/15/2018 11:43 AM

Do they sell one called the Pro-Life stem? I’d buy one if named that. “Make Death”. Nah. No thanks.

|

10/15/2018 11:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 11:46 AM

By far the most garbage stem I've ever ridden , shit couldnt clamp a bar even if you welded it together . Might give it another try and see if it was my bar knurling but overall this is a trash stem

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/15/2018 10:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 10:51 PM

By far the most garbage stem I've ever ridden , shit couldnt clamp a bar even if you welded it together . Might give it ...more

It's made from the same material as other stems, and I'd bet it was made in the same factory as other stems. So I can't see why it would have less grip. Not saying your lying at all, just saying nearly all bmx parts are pretty much exactly the same, performance wise

Edit just to add: the box says 10mm rise, but that's more like at least 20mm. Bars are 22.2mm diameter, so it physically can't be only 10mm rise. Just saying.

|

10/15/2018 11:06 PM

By far the most garbage stem I've ever ridden , shit couldnt clamp a bar even if you welded it together . Might give it ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

It's made from the same material as other stems, and I'd bet it was made in the same factory as other stems. So I can't see ...more

Its like pedals and grip . It's all plastic and made in the same factory . Yet some are good and some arent . In my case , it's not good lool

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/16/2018 3:40 AM

Photo

This is a cool stem lol
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/16/2018 5:29 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote: Photo

This is a cool stem lol

And made in America. Hell yeah

|

It’s all bmx

10/16/2018 5:33 AM

This is a cool stem lol
adamnmexican wrote:

Fuck yeah!! Inuust ordered one tootongue 51mm reach in polishsilly

Should be here Wednesdaycool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/16/2018 6:05 AM

This is a cool stem lol
adamnmexican wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Fuck yeah!! Inuust ordered one tootongue 51mm reach in polishsilly

Should be here Wednesdaycool

And remarkably light.

Looking at the stem in the OP I wouldn't believe it's claimed weight without weighing it myself on a digital scale

|

10/16/2018 6:23 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's made from the same material as other stems, and I'd bet it was made in the same factory as other stems. So I can't see ...more

Its like pedals and grip . It's all plastic and made in the same factory . Yet some are good and some arent . In my case , ...more

Not really. There's different compounds of rubber, and different plastics. Odyssey twisted pedals lasted me one ride and I was down to the bearing, duo pedals cracked from one bail. Some grips are soft or hard, etc. But 6061 t6 is 6061 t6

|

10/16/2018 6:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Its like pedals and grip . It's all plastic and made in the same factory . Yet some are good and some arent . In my case , ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Not really. There's different compounds of rubber, and different plastics. Odyssey twisted pedals lasted me one ride and I was ...more

Knurling and surface area play a huge roll in perceived clamping force. As does the structural integrity of the part - if it flexes like crazy it can create gaps that further decrease the actual coefficient of friction, leading to slipping.

|

10/16/2018 8:10 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Not really. There's different compounds of rubber, and different plastics. Odyssey twisted pedals lasted me one ride and I was ...more

JPC wrote:

Knurling and surface area play a huge roll in perceived clamping force. As does the structural integrity of the part - if it ...more

Stems aren't gnurled though. So that would be down to the bars. And you'll only stretch the face plate if you over tighten the bolts, which is user error.

|