The Old Skool Is Back

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2014 7:56 AM

The 80's just called. They want BMX back.
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
Is it just me or are the 80's coming back?

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/6/2014 8:07 AM

DTT's rule!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/6/2014 8:14 AM

DTT frames, 4pc bars, and Skyway mag wheels, mixed in with newer stuff like micro drive gearing, integrated headtubes, 3pc cranks, sealed BBs, pc pedals, and pivotal seats. The future's looking bright!

|

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/6/2014 9:24 AM

Not too new but Im glad they put the DTTs in production again. I really wish I got along with the specs. I would have one already.

The market needs more special frames like this but with tech geo. All the tech frames out right now are pretty generic imo. They dont come in any cool features like this, the Soundwaves, Barcodes, Haro Lineages, etc.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/6/2014 9:28 AM

Nice subrosa stuff.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/6/2014 9:46 AM

This stuff looks sick

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/6/2014 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2014 9:47 AM

It's all good to me. It's boring everyone having the same sort of set up.

Except I'm not a fan of mag wheels.

|

2/6/2014 10:42 AM

3 piece cranks, sealed bearings and 4 piece bars all existed in the 80's.

I can't see mags ever being more than a novelty.

Not a fan of DTT frames, myself.

|

2/6/2014 11:30 AM

Never was a fan of Dtt. All my friends did was stand on them while going down hills, lol. I had sealed hubs on my 80's BMX bike, and Redline made the first 3pc cranks in the 70's. I am however, a fan of mags. I always have liked the way they look. I loved my Moto mags. Strong, a bit heavy, but I never had to worry about them.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

2/6/2014 12:17 PM

My dad grew up in Alaska, and the invention of the 3pc crank took a long time to reach that area. With no internet or online ordering, he never was up to date with BMX. His bike had a 1pc crank and all unsealed bearings.

|

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/6/2014 1:18 PM

The internet didn't exist in 1980's but mail order did. Any bmx magazine had ads for mail order places. But most kids didn't have money for high end parts. I know I didn't.

The problem with mag wheels is you can't run high tire pressure and you can't true them and brakes suck on them. I don't see them holding up well or working well for todays riding.

|

2/6/2014 1:25 PM

^I dont think that they could handle heavy street riding.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/6/2014 4:18 PM

i'd like to build and old school bike myself.

something you just chill around with when you don't feel like riding too hard. just pop a few manuals or bunny hops.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

2/6/2014 4:47 PM

Omg haha they look AMAZING.

Unrelated I think your signature might be a tad bit big , I'm not sure though.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/6/2014 6:18 PM

Mags were stupid heavy, and being rotational weight, they rode like shit.

|

2/6/2014 8:16 PM

oooohhh sexy. gimme some free skyways and i would ride em.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/6/2014 8:26 PM

shit. i just looked up skyways on dans and its 5 pounds for both.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/7/2014 8:33 AM

Dtt is rad

|

It’s all bmx

2/7/2014 2:14 PM

Skyway tuff wheels were the shit back then... Bmx Frames were lite . You could keep your bike weight in the 22-24 lbs range with mags

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

2/7/2014 7:02 PM

Me and my friend have 2 old school bikes. Real ones. One has nutty rare old school parts. A Sun Freecoaster/cassette freewheel (i swear it is real, you twist the little things adjusting the freewheel and it becomes a coaster brake or a coaster
) its Rad!! It is a Kuwahara frame, Bob Haro Bars, 48spoked wheels, all sorts of pegs, and dia comp brakes. Then there is the laser bike co one. It's blue and black with Mags an was some dude's signature. So sick. Even has the original comp tires on it and Odyssey brakes!! When the weather is good we go out and session them. Haha i love old school stuff.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.