The Quest For The Holy Spot

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2013 9:39 AM

Yesterday a crew of homies attempted to track down a mysterious ditch in Austin Texas. We finally arrived to the destination to find this beauty... our new mixtape "Woah Trick" will have clips from this spot, check out www.gnarniabmx.com for more updates and spot pictures down here in Austin.

Any thoughts on this crazy thing?!
Photo

=Photo

Photo

|

12/25/2013 9:48 AM

that things nice, looks like a great place to shred. i personally probably couldnt do shit on it though lmao

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

12/25/2013 9:51 AM

Looks fun, ive always liked a good ditch spot

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/25/2013 10:06 AM

Thats fucking awesome! i've never got to ride a good ditch spot so thatd be fun!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/25/2013 10:14 AM

That looks dope. And I think I've seen a few of the Gnarnia edits they're pretty sick keep doin your thing

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/25/2013 10:54 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

That looks dope. And I think I've seen a few of the Gnarnia edits they're pretty sick keep doin your thing

Yeah man down here there's a ton of them, tucked away and hidden from sight. Usually takes a little bit to find the right ones to ride but it's worth the effort.

Here's a few more ditches we found the same day

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

And thanks man! I'm stoked to hear that, I'm always updating the Gnarnia Website so keep on the update!

|

12/25/2013 11:26 AM

fuuuuuuck that first spot looks amazing. I could ride that all day long. Same with the broken slabs of concrete spot although, that one looks kinda funky

|

12/25/2013 11:34 AM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

fuuuuuuck that first spot looks amazing. I could ride that all day long. Same with the broken slabs of concrete spot although, that one looks kinda funky

Haha we were filming a clip for our new mix tape and my buddy ate shit and his bike went into the stagnant water in the middle of the broken concrete.

This is another awesome spot we put some DIY work into, we call it the bacon bowl. And it's practically a ditch bowl.

Photo

|

12/25/2013 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2013 12:03 PM

wow. ok screw what i said about those first two spots ha, that bacon bowl looks like the shit. prob one of the dopest tranny street spots ive ever seen. good job on making it more rideable. you ever try hopping the guardrail into the bowl? or would you just run into something on the other side?

always thought la had dope street, now im thinking i should really just go to austin

|

12/25/2013 12:02 PM

that sucks for your homie tho. stagnant water is gnarly ha, and i wouldnt want that funky hot dog smelling water sloshing around my tubes/rim hah

|

12/25/2013 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2013 12:07 PM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

wow. ok screw what i said about those first two spots ha, that bacon bowl looks like the shit. prob one of the dopest tranny street spots ive ever seen. good job on making it more rideable. you ever try hopping the guardrail into the bowl? or would you just run into something on the other side?

always thought la had dope street, now im thinking i should really just go to austin

Check this out! Here's a video with a few ditch spots in Austin and the Bacon Bowl, around 1:00 our homie Bird Man jumps over the rain and Our homie Cori hops into the bowl over the rail!

Subscribe to our channels for more videos!

Old Chanel: Youtube.com/skizank1

New Chanel: Youtube.com/gnarniabmx

?rel=0

It was amazing at one point in time because we removed a guard rail panel so you could hop into the bowl from the street with speed, but the city put it back up sadly hahah but we got to shred it for a year or so!
|

12/25/2013 1:26 PM

speaking of ditches, check ours out
Photo

Photo

Photo

last one is the wallride spot by the entrance
it a culvert to drain rain water, but we get rain like 5x a year max

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/25/2013 1:44 PM

sorry if that was a hijack

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/25/2013 1:57 PM

man that curved wallride action in the OP

|

12/25/2013 1:58 PM

I can live there

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/25/2013 2:13 PM

I hate all of you. I would love to live in a nice place for BMX. I have never ridden a ditch but i would love to!!! Please buy me a plane ticket and let me live in your house for a long time so i can ride there.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/25/2013 2:38 PM

I love ditches, it's all I ride, nothing better than ditch surfing!

here's some more Austin ditches

I also kinda consider this waterslide a ditch, pretty cool set-up!
www.gnarniabmx.com

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/25/2013 3:36 PM

Photo

Photo
|

12/25/2013 4:24 PM

I wanna live in Austin so bad! And that last picture is a thing of beauty

|

12/25/2013 6:17 PM

GThompson121 wrote:

I wanna live in Austin so bad! And that last picture is a thing of beauty

Thanks man! Hahah yeah man there's spots galore it's an amazing place to be

|

12/26/2013 10:06 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

speaking of ditches, check ours out
Photo

Photo

Photo

last one is the wallride spot by the entrance
it a culvert to drain rain water, but we get rain like 5x a year max

Wow! That second picture of the ditch looks nice! Almost as if it has transition, needs some crete work

|

12/26/2013 10:24 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I hate all of you. I would love to live in a nice place for BMX. I have never ridden a ditch but i would love to!!! Please buy me a plane ticket and let me live in your house for a long time so i can ride there.

This

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/26/2013 10:29 AM

when ever i see some spots like , it makes me think it had to built to be ridden on , like the architect made it a priority to be a bmx spot

|

12/26/2013 10:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2013 10:40 AM

Some moreee, the bottom picture is a ditch in San Antonio, but it's fairly close to Austin

Photo

Photo

|

12/26/2013 12:05 PM

chad88 wrote:

when ever i see some spots like , it makes me think it had to built to be ridden on , like the architect made it a priority to be a bmx spot

I feel the same way, I think that there are a few riders/skaters who work for the city under the construction development and make this crazy shit happen. Cause honestly some of these are too good to be true.

|