The Right Kind of Hub Gaurd?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2020 12:25 PM

Can I fit any metal hub guard for my rear NDS? Plastics always break and Cinema doesn't sell any compatible Metal guards.. does compatibility even matter?

|

@mattwhobmx
spunser me

5/26/2020 12:39 PM

Compatibility does matter, not everything fits from my limited experience. My metal S&M guard didn’t fit all my hubs, but my random plastic one did. Same for the front.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/26/2020 12:55 PM

Does anyone know some universal metal guards? Or is that not a thing.. I think G-Sport has a metal guard that's universal

|

@mattwhobmx
spunser me

5/26/2020 1:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2020 1:24 PM

I have a GSPORT uniguard (the metal one) on my rear non-drive side... I run profile elites or a cheap revenge freecoaster.
As it goes over the drop out it's causes no problems atall with what I use.

I would definitely recommend the uniguard to anybody.

However I did have to make a slight modification to the guard as it was rubbing on the drop out weld.

I use a TOTAL park frame that probably isn't suited to 4 pegs and guards.
The modification consisted of me just filing some off one side with a metal file.

I also think the uniguard is good to grind on as it seems smoother transition from guard to peg compared to some other guards.

Hope this is of use,
Rob-BMX

|

5/26/2020 6:50 PM

Uniguard or Overguard. Uniguard for cheap and durable, Overguard for burly and extra coverage.

|

5/26/2020 7:54 PM

SlavBMX wrote:

Can I fit any metal hub guard for my rear NDS? Plastics always break and Cinema doesn't sell any compatible Metal guards.. does compatibility even matter?

The Eclat Servo worked well for me.

https://bit.ly/36yHh6L

|