The Tripod Thread

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2013 9:26 AM

This is a visual list of all the tripod seats/posts I could find. If you know of any others post them.

Fly
Photo
Cult
Photo
Deluxe
Photo
Demolition
Photo
Mutiny
Photo
Odyssey
Photo
Terrible One
Photo

|

8/15/2013 9:50 AM

whats the point of a tripod seat

|

8/15/2013 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2013 9:52 AM

I would rather have pivotal seats

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/15/2013 10:02 AM

How do you adjust a tripod seat? Pivitols are the way to go

|

8/15/2013 11:00 AM

eskimojay wrote:

apparently from what i heard you can adjust them like a rail seat and pivotal seat like go up and down like and pivy and side to side like a rail

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/15/2013 11:11 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I think they come with like an angled wedge thing that that tighten onto

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/15/2013 11:27 AM

I'm getting the T-1 or Fly for my next seat.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/15/2013 1:45 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Yeah, there's a wedge piece that determines the angle. Personally, I don't see a need for so many angles on a pivotal. But to each their own. I mean, I have a Shadow seat/post combo thing and can't adjust it at all, and don't really see why I would need to really.

Why do need so many angles?

|

8/15/2013 1:47 PM

Fondue wrote:

Yeah, there's a wedge piece that determines the angle. Personally, I don't see a need for so many angles on a pivotal. But to each their own. I mean, I have a Shadow seat/post combo thing and can't adjust it at all, and don't really see why I would need to really.

Why do need so many angles?

Some seat combos come with the seat leaning back, so it's like if you fuck up you end up with the front of the seat in your ass.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/15/2013 1:53 PM

is it just me or do most of those seats look really uncomfortable?

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/15/2013 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2013 2:07 PM

So this is the Odyssey Chase Hawk Tripod Seat & Via The Merged it says the Post will be Chris Doyle & Brian Foster Approved I.E VEEEEEERRRRY Long, Which is a GREAT thing as the majority of Tripod Posts are no longer than 135mm.
http://themerged.com/spotted-odyssey-chase-hawk-tripod-seat/

|

8/15/2013 2:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2013 2:37 PM

Edit.. TheMotherShip has uploaded the photo of the Odyssey Hawk Tripod Seat & i have using Vital so Go down to see it!

|

8/15/2013 2:30 PM

Topsey wrote:

Edit.. TheMotherShip has uploaded the photo of the Odyssey Hawk Tripod Seat & i have using Vital so Go down to see it!

I can see it if i click on it, That shit looks plush... is the cloth like some soft shit? I want it.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/15/2013 2:31 PM

Topsey wrote:

So this is the Odyssey Chase Hawk Tripod Seat & Via The Merged it says the Post will be Chris Doyle & Brian Foster Approved I.E VEEEEEERRRRY Long, Which is a GREAT thing as the majority of Tripod Posts are no longer than 135mm.
http://themerged.com/spotted-odyssey-chase-hawk-tripod-seat/

it looks so oddly shapped i cant imagie why people would choose this rather than a pivotal

|

8/15/2013 2:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2013 2:35 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

I can see it if i click on it, That shit looks plush... is the cloth like some soft shit? I want it.

That's Fucking weird! I cannot see my own Photo but you guys can?!

|

8/15/2013 2:34 PM

Topsey wrote:

for some reason when i click it it wont let be see it but whatever here it is if it doesnt work for anyone else
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/15/2013 2:35 PM

Photo

Has this worked?
|

8/15/2013 2:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2013 2:36 PM

Yeah that's weird i uploaded with using Vital & its worked perfectly? How weird.

|

8/15/2013 2:40 PM

a lot of these seem to only come in slim or mid anyone know if they're gonna make fat ones

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/15/2013 2:41 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

a lot of these seem to only come in slim or mid anyone know if they're gonna make fat ones

patience. someone will

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/15/2013 2:46 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

tomdon wrote:

patience. someone will

Eww i hope not. Fat seats look bad.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/15/2013 2:54 PM

The Odyssey Monogram Principal Tripod Seat looks pretty Fat. I mean some of the Mid seats are actually more plush than the so called "Fat" Seats like the Fiend one, that's Fat but its fucking uncomfortable! I'd love to see a Tree Ergo Tripod Seat & an Eclat OZ Thick Tripod Seat. Those would be fucking sweet. Also there needs to be a Polished Post too!

|

8/15/2013 2:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2013 2:55 PM

i like my seats like my women XD chrisaustin lol

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/15/2013 3:02 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

i like my seats like my women XD chrisaustin lol

Mmmm gotta love them BBW... Cushion for the pushin'

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/15/2013 11:42 PM

When I get the money I want to get the Chase Hawk Seat and the Long Post because:
I like high Seats, the 135mm Posts are way to short for me.
I love Slim Seats, they look so good.
My current Railed Aitken Seat is falling apart.
I've just ordered some Army Green Animal GLHs and Subrosa Villicus Grips, so the Army Green version will go perfect with my Bike.
I never want to run a Pivotal. I'm currently running a Railed Seat. I don't want a Pivotal because IMO they are pretty pointless, look cheap and I don't like how companies have to pay royalties to Macneil to use the design.

|

8/16/2013 12:28 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

When I get the money I want to get the Chase Hawk Seat and the Long Post because:
I've just ordered some Army Green Animal GLHs and Subrosa Villicus Grips, so the Army Green version will go perfect with my Bike.
I never want to run a Pivotal. I'm currently running a Railed Seat. I don't want a Pivotal because IMO they are pretty pointless, look cheap and I don't like how companies have to pay royalties to Macneil to use the design.

i didn't know glhs come in green

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/16/2013 1:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 1:26 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

TheMotherShip wrote:

i didn't know glhs come in green

http://www.bmx-shop.com/bike-parts/tyres/a-bike-co-glh-tyre.html

I don't think they make them in Green anymore, but that's where I bought them from. I would of got them in Black but they're out of stock. At first I thought there's no way I'm going to run Green Tyres but that was such a good deal and after thinking hard I decided it wouldn't look to bad and now the Grips in the same colour have arrived, I have started to think they'll actually look really good on my bike. I've also seen a Green GLH in a bike shop before.

|

8/16/2013 7:42 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

All companies will be paying royalties to Fly since they hold the patent on the tripod system.

|

8/16/2013 8:08 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

http://www.bmx-shop.com/bike-parts/tyres/a-bike-co-glh-tyre.html

I don't think they make them in Green anymore, but that's where I bought them from. I would of got them in Black but they're out of stock. At first I thought there's no way I'm going to run Green Tyres but that was such a good deal and after thinking hard I decided it wouldn't look to bad and now the Grips in the same colour have arrived, I have started to think they'll actually look really good on my bike. I've also seen a Green GLH in a bike shop before.

they don't look to bad as for having to pay royalties i don't know about you but i wouldn't want other companies using my company's patent design with out my permission or for free its not a very smart business move

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/16/2013 8:18 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Fondue wrote:

All companies will be paying royalties to Fly since they hold the patent on the tripod system.

Last i heard fly was letting people use the design for free no royalties.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em