The Truth. This is my life.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2019 12:07 AM

Yes but is anyone up Norf? Jamie I might have a few parts I could send your way

|

7/8/2019 12:46 AM

Ya'll gonna have to fight me for my address.

|

7/8/2019 5:19 AM

jbales wrote:

Well. It hasn't gone well. As with any job I've had in my life. I've had too many days off. Some days, I wake up and can't get myself out.

I'm sure this has been addressed, have you thought about trying to further skills in say, web design or marketing that can be done from the comforts of home? I could see that potentially making working consistently a bit easier, being your own gig etc.

Or buy and sell stuff online. You can buy large lots of items, you buy it cheap, split it up and sell it online yourself for profit. Tim does that with bmx parts in the US. Could be a way to make some easier cash without leaving the house.

Not sure if that would help with comfort, BUT I know a guy who does web design and such and as long as he has an internet connection, he can work anywhere. He has been all over the world in the last like 8 years.

Rad dude. Did the little pros tour, rode as a pro for a few years, owns the RideBrand (https://ridebrand.com/) that does Ride (whatever state or country wanted) and so on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/8/2019 5:26 AM

jbales wrote:

Perhaps they contact a reasonably local shop that might be willing to receive the parts and/or assemble if they know the reason behind it? That way your address remains yours, and then you would just need to pop by a bike shop when you are ready.

Or perhaps they meet you somewhere on your terms?

Just tossing ideas out there.

This is rad. I will check my spare stuff this evening.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/8/2019 5:29 AM

jbales wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Perhaps they contact a reasonably local shop that might be willing to receive the parts and/or assemble if they know the reason behind it? That way your address remains yours, and then you would just need to pop by a bike shop when you are ready.

Here's a few local to the city you said you are in/near. Boom. Someone over there wanna contact one of these places and see if they would be willing to receive parts and or assemble as a donation?

Photo

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/8/2019 6:56 AM

I have some odds ends lying around as well. Stems, Seat, post, I believe I have some cranks. a fork maybe. I think I still have some bars lying around. Pedals? Hit me up with what we might need so we can get this twat on a bike again wink

|

7/8/2019 7:35 AM

jbales wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Here's a few local to the city you said you are in/near. Boom. Someone over there wanna contact one of these places and see if they would be willing to receive parts and or assemble as a donation?

Photo

I'm really dont mind using my own address and I'm okay building bikes myself. I mainly said that because I'm too humble to accept the donations. Ya'll can have my address lol.

And about the job thing. I worked at home doing telephone sales until I recently decided to get out and try something else.

|

7/8/2019 7:45 AM

We're here for you dude. It doesn't take knowing someone in person to know they're a good guy.

BMX and the people I've met since getting serious about it has kept me alive. At least I have something to look forward to, to get better at, to allow me to be alone, to give me some way out.

Also, I have to think none of us feel bad for you. What happened is unfortunate, and your attitude towards it is understandable.

But you're not a pity charity for us or anyone on this forum. You're a part of our Vital BMX family.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/8/2019 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2019 8:24 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

We're here for you dude. It doesn't take knowing someone in person to know they're a good guy.

BMX and the people I've met since getting serious about it has kept me alive. At least I have something to look forward to, to get better at, to allow me to be alone, to give me some way out.

Also, I have to think none of us feel bad for you. What happened is unfortunate, and your attitude towards it is understandable.

But you're not a pity charity for us or anyone on this forum. You're a part of our Vital BMX family.

Besides him being a giant wanker (this is fun! I get to use all the British slang I haven't used in forever!)! wink

|

7/9/2019 2:08 AM

@Jbales Keep on trucking dude, you’ll get there.

This thread makes me happy. Good vibes.

|

Ride everything

7/9/2019 10:54 AM

This thread is awesome.

|

7/9/2019 12:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2019 12:48 PM

So....... what's the verdict? Are we unloading our extra shit so this guy has a real good reason to get outdoors & ride?!

|

7/9/2019 12:57 PM

It’s 5am and I’m on the bus to work, but this thread made the start to my day so much better. BMX rules

|

7/9/2019 2:06 PM

I’m meeting a buddy for coffee tomorrow, I’ll see what he’s got, then I’ll pester Jamie for his address. I’ve got 8.5” bars and a sprocket for sure, but if someone has bars closer to his preference they’re willing to donate that would be good.

I’m kind of looking for a new stem, so I might have a spare stem soon too

|

7/9/2019 2:14 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I’m meeting a buddy for coffee tomorrow, I’ll see what he’s got, then I’ll pester Jamie for his address. I’ve got 8.5” bars and a sprocket for sure, but if someone has bars closer to his preference they’re willing to donate that would be good.

I’m kind of looking for a new stem, so I might have a spare stem soon too

My last bike had 7.75's on a front load with zero spacers lol. I'm sure it'll be fine. And beggars can't be choosers.
Cheers, Steve.

|

7/9/2019 5:16 PM

I have 9.25 Sunday bars and a 27t sprocket. I’m in Australia, so I’ll just need to check shipping costs first, sorry.

|

7/10/2019 12:11 AM

I think I have some generic chromoly forks from an old complete, united supreme 165mm cranks, a generic cassette wheel, a stem and some old tires. Don't know if any of it is of interest to you but let me know and I can send pictures

|

7/10/2019 9:51 AM

RumHam wrote:

I think I have some generic chromoly forks from an old complete, united supreme 165mm cranks, a generic cassette wheel, a stem and some old tires. Don't know if any of it is of interest to you but let me know and I can send pictures

He needs parts, Dana. Not pictures of parts. Use your brain! laughing

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/10/2019 5:22 PM

I dont have anymore spare parts besides a pair of used grips....lol i ended up giving my last spare parts to a friend that needed some parts to ride again.

|

7/10/2019 6:29 PM

I'd love to pitch in but I only have two slim seats, pivotal.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/11/2019 4:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 4:38 AM

readybmxer wrote:

I'd love to pitch in but I only have two slim seats, pivotal.

As if YOU'VE ever been able to use a "slim seat". tongue

That's like fat bitches hanging onto size 3 pants they once wore in high school..... "I'm gonna get in shape and wear those again!".

|