"The best BMX rider."

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2016 9:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2016 9:52 PM

No, don't worry, I'm not here to try to convince you to like my favorite rider, just here to start a small discussion.

For some reason, more and more kids on Walmart bikes and Razor scooters have infiltrated my local. Not sure why, but it's steadily growing, haha! XD Anyways, whenever they see my friends and I ride, they want to talk. More often than not, they eventually get to the point where they ask, "So, who's the best bike rider in the world?" I just say something about how it depends what kind of style they have and what they decide to ride. I give them a few examples of a what a street line may look like and for a park line as well, but by the time I've reached explaining that part, they've already shrugged it off and left or looked at me like, "Whut the hack is dis dude sayin' ta me?"

Now, I'm NOT saying that I want to educate every little skatepark kid out there, but I think there's a better way of explaining it, not limiting this to kids, of course. So, what do you think the best way to explain this whole "Best rider ever" kind of question to someone who doesn't know anything about BMX? I live in Hawai'i, so the scene is really small and people always ask what kind of things I enjoy doing, but I never felt that I've explained it clearly, especially when they ask me who I think is the best rider out there.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/9/2016 10:09 PM

Easy, you tell em it's Ben Lorson and that's the end of it.

|

5/9/2016 10:15 PM

I usually just tell em there isn't one because everyone rides differently and everyone has their own favourite. Me and my friend (I only have one) always get kids asking who's bike is better, and which of us are better....

|

5/9/2016 10:42 PM

stevie churchill bro

|

5/10/2016 12:48 AM

Hawaii 5.0 is my favourite show , enjoy living there it seems sick as fuck even with a show that "shows" all the murders and shit haha .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/10/2016 7:11 AM

Dave Mirra. Little kids should know who he is

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/10/2016 7:43 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

THIS x10

Also Matt Hoffman, pretty much all the legendary riders first, then the modern ones.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

5/10/2016 9:20 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Hawaii 5.0 is my favourite show , enjoy living there it seems sick as fuck even with a show that "shows" all the murders and ...more

Haha, yeah. I do enjoy it a lot! It cool to see how your local spots become crime scenes. XD

|

@scootereyn

5/10/2016 9:23 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

THIS x10

Also Matt Hoffman, pretty much all the legendary riders first, then the modern ones.

You know, I'm actually face-palming, wonder why I hadn't thought of this sooner, haha! This will indeed be a great answer. Thanks dudes!

|

@scootereyn

5/10/2016 11:06 AM

Jed mildon , dude landed a quad backflip

|

5/10/2016 11:12 AM

You're supossed to tell them van homan

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/10/2016 12:25 PM

All depending, I love nyquist mirra Hoffman Castillo Delarosa etc. mainly mid school riders. Even if Reynolds rips I will always choose a Hamilton edit over his even if I'm an all pegs kinda guy.

|

5/10/2016 1:50 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Easy, you tell em it's Ben Lorson and that's the end of it.

But how do you know? You haven't watched his edit!

I tell them that there are different aspects, and one dude might be awesome at dirt, but be bad at street, so there is no "best rider in the world".

Or be all motivational and say "You are lil dude, you are." (Fading into the mist works well for a cool effect at this point)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/10/2016 8:14 PM

|

5/10/2016 9:05 PM

Mr.SaladToss wrote:

That was actually legit!

|

@scootereyn

5/10/2016 9:48 PM

I think that if you want to pinpoint the BEST rider, it has to be someone that rides everything. Can they hammer rails and kill it on street? Can they roast a set of trails and a concrete bowl? Can they pull impressive tricks in a park comp? The list is very short. Guys that do it all that I can think of are:
Dennis Enarson
Dylan Stark (lacking park stuff)
Garret Reynolds (lacking dirt stuff)
Drew Bezanson (lacking street stuff)

That's only off the top of my head, and not including guys like Nyquist in their prime. But if I were to really have to say one guy, it's Enarson, for representung so many aspects of bmx so well. He's not the most stylish, have the best park bangers, or the techiest street skills, but he has all three of those things, and more than most riders. He's also is one of the riders that goes huge. He's almost to Sean Burns level.

That's my opinion. Take it lightly. What do I know?

|

5/10/2016 10:10 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I think that if you want to pinpoint the BEST rider, it has to be someone that rides everything. Can they hammer rails and ...more

Dennis is definitely one that came to mind for me as well. Competes in street and park, and he can definitely ride dirt, I agree. It's funny you mention, I just saw the "Glasgow To Genoa" video, and in it, Dennis did that hanger-crook-no footed can can out. That was definitely unexpected, but in a great way. Combining the streets and the park, it was totally epic!

|

@scootereyn

5/10/2016 10:50 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I think that if you want to pinpoint the BEST rider, it has to be someone that rides everything. Can they hammer rails and ...more

Nyquist is in his prime he just won second in mountain bike slopestyle at fise on the weekend , a hell of a lot harder to do the tricks he's doing on a mountain bike then a Bmx

|

5/10/2016 10:54 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

The reason it's so hard to pin point is because it's your opinion. Simple as that. I'm not going to argue with your opinion. If you think Dennis Enarson is the best that's cool. I can see why.

But I personally can't stand how he looks on a bike. I find watching him really boring. And as good as he is, it all seems a little over the top.

There never will be a best as it's to each persons perception. I'd rather watch Steven Hamiltons section from trafaelio than any of the big names in riding. I think originality and style is more important than tricks. Others will disagree. But riding shouldn't be about being the best anyway.
What about chase hawk? He can do no tricks and still make other pro's jealous of how good he is.
From now on I'm going to tell kids the guy with the biggest smile is the best.

|

5/11/2016 12:49 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Nyquist is in his prime he just won second in mountain bike slopestyle at fise on the weekend , a hell of a lot harder to do ...more

What I mean is how he avoids ruding things like street snd is gravitating towards park and fmb. He's said it, his body isn't what it used to be. He may be is his career prime, but his body isn't.

|

5/11/2016 4:42 AM

Just show the kids this...

|

If it ain't broke...

5/11/2016 1:00 PM

Just gotta throw Mike Aitken into the mix. Guy killed it on everything he rode.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/11/2016 1:13 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Just gotta throw Mike Aitken into the mix. Guy killed it on everything he rode.

And had an unmatchable style!

|

5/11/2016 9:47 PM

I'm a fucking idiot. Van Homan. Duh.

|

5/12/2016 12:45 AM

BikeLove626 wrote:

Just show the kids this...

Now THAT was a good edit!

|

@scootereyn