The current state of vital

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2021 3:25 PM

Been on this website for many years and only recently made an account but I've been observing the users. Its either old fucks who jack off to skinny tires/small bars 1000 kg bikes and fbm parts (you know the type) or just very young kids who ask questions about their walmart bikes. Why isn't the average bmx rider more acquainted with this site? No one at my local ever goes on here, there's like 10 people who are actually active and it's all pretty dead. In skateboarding there's millions of forums about anything but here it's extremely quiet. It's bothering me how this sport is just so unpopular and people on here still hold that attitude of cancerous elitism. And looking at vital's instagram it's like they are stuck in 2013, same logos and fonts, no new marketing, no nothing exciting. It feels like everything is targeted towards a very slim audience and it's sad. I really think we need something new, because what we have at the moment is very bland.

|

4/3/2021 3:53 PM

Well, the forum isn't the main attraction of the sight. I mean, it is for me, but not everyone. It could be cool if the forum section had a bigger active userbase, but if you want something like that there's always r/bmx on reddit

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

4/3/2021 4:00 PM

If my friends I ride with at the local came on here it would be a shit show , the most politically incorrect crew with the darkest sense of humour , I’d find it hilarious but I’m sure some pc woketards would lose their shit as always with this forum , it would be like Greta thunberg goes to an Anthony jeselnik show

|

4/3/2021 5:03 PM

I miss 2012ish vital even though I was like 14 at the time

|

4/3/2021 5:24 PM

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

|

smile

4/3/2021 5:56 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

And me sad

|

4/3/2021 6:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2021 7:50 PM

I started lurking on Vital back in 07. 80% of my time on this site was looking at bike builds and the other 20% reading about bike geo stuff.

Having been on skate forums the biggest difference is how minute in detail they get. For example there might be a 30+ page thread on what bearings you use/ have used. Or, how having a truck 5mm lower makes tricks easier. On Vital that level of nerding out is usually seen as completely useless and you should just "get whatever and go ride your bike".

Same with people that always build new bikes/ get new parts. On skate forums trying, buying and sharing new shit is encouraged. On Vital someone will call you out asking if you can even "do a bar" to justify all the parts you go through.

I mainly still come on here for the bike checks and give whatever help I can, but I still think there's a lot of rad and cool people on this site that love BMX in general.

*Edit: Now I see that OP only made this thread, because he doesn't like people enjoying low bars... Which is ironic, because like I pointed out skate forums love talking about different set-ups. lol

|

4/3/2021 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2021 7:08 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

You’ll be an old head someday too...sooner than you think. You’re welcome for the sport by the way...I’m buddies with most of the owners (former pros and old heads)of the companies you probably have on your bike...part of life...start out riding for them...then you own them. You keep doing your bars...I’ll table a gap and throw some 10ft look backs while your weave your way to the vape store to fill up on ice cream scented cancer puffs. BTW.....🥠

|

4/3/2021 7:17 PM

You complain about “cancerous elitism” compared to the skate community...then bitch about kids and old heads because they don’t meet your standard of what you think is cool?

|

4/3/2021 9:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2021 9:32 PM

Cancerous elitism that’s an oxymoron , the people with thick skin with the ability to fall down and get back up while developing work ethic to progress and set goals and achieve things like getting a job and being able to afford something high end in BMX like profile elites is far from cancerous these days , everyone wants to be a snowflake with hurt feelings and call somebody out for their little pc pat on the back like it’s some badge of honour , pretty soon because profile is from the south in Florida these snowflakes will be calling profile owners racists for being proud of made in America BMX and trying to cancel them , so who is really the elite ?

When’s the last time you heard of madera ? One dude said one thing and they picked the whole company apart for it

|

4/3/2021 9:45 PM

If you're so concerned about "The current state of vital", join in and make a difference instead of blindly bitching and moaning about it.

Otherwise, piss off you narky little fuckboy...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/3/2021 9:51 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

Good idea, we'll just turn this into a Reddit echo chamber where you're only allowed to agree with people and anything that runs counter to your sensitive little patterns is censored.

|

4/3/2021 11:08 PM

Lol.

|

4/3/2021 11:18 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

4 people who can’t barspin disliked this

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

4/3/2021 11:34 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

4 people who can’t barspin disliked this

Maybe. I’m one of them, yet can still throw bars.

My first Vital thumbs-down was given because I think it’s a pretty shit idea to exclude anybody from anything based on arbitrary criteria.

I only had an hour to ride yesterday...my time from a stressful work day. I had my spot ALMOST all to myself. Instead I was asked by some young (yet polite) “Walmart kids” to teach them how to hop. It was painful seeing my time escape me. But I would rather do that and look myself in the mirror when I get home than be a sneering, arrogant cunt.

|

4/3/2021 11:38 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

4 people who can’t barspin disliked this

People disliked this because it’s exclusionary. Kids come here for advice, old guys come here to reminisce, douchebags come here to talk shit about people they think don’t meet their standards.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

4/3/2021 11:51 PM

makebikingcoolagain wrote:

Been on this website for many years and only recently made an account but I've been observing the users. Its either old fucks who jack off to skinny tires/small bars 1000 kg bikes and fbm parts (you know the type) or just very young kids who ask questions about their walmart bikes. Why isn't the average bmx rider more acquainted with this site? No one at my local ever goes on here, there's like 10 people who are actually active and it's all pretty dead. In skateboarding there's millions of forums about anything but here it's extremely quiet. It's bothering me how this sport is just so unpopular and people on here still hold that attitude of cancerous elitism. And looking at vital's instagram it's like they are stuck in 2013, same logos and fonts, no new marketing, no nothing exciting. It feels like everything is targeted towards a very slim audience and it's sad. I really think we need something new, because what we have at the moment is very bland.

Do something about it then fucktard. Make your own site. Or stop using this one. You are completely in control of what websites and Instagram pages you look at.

|

4/3/2021 11:52 PM

Petition to change likes/dislikes into upvotes/downvotes.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/3/2021 11:53 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

There's only about 4 people that use this that can bar. We could pick a different trick. Like a table or turndown? Or would that exclude you?

|

4/4/2021 2:06 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Cancerous elitism that’s an oxymoron , the people with thick skin with the ability to fall down and get back up while developing work ethic to progress and set goals and achieve things like getting a job and being able to afford something high end in BMX like profile elites is far from cancerous these days , everyone wants to be a snowflake with hurt feelings and call somebody out for their little pc pat on the back like it’s some badge of honour , pretty soon because profile is from the south in Florida these snowflakes will be calling profile owners racists for being proud of made in America BMX and trying to cancel them , so who is really the elite ?

When’s the last time you heard of madera ? One dude said one thing and they picked the whole company apart for it

yeah the madera situation sucks, seemed like everyone quit the team in fear of what might happen to them if they stayed and how they would be perceived

|

4/4/2021 2:09 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Do something about it then fucktard. Make your own site. Or stop using this one. You are completely in control of what websites and Instagram pages you look at.

wow someone got offended, my point isn't that I don't enjoy using this site, but that it's extremely boring, like most of the stuff on vital, that's why only old guys and little kids who don't know better use it. The potential of the forum and everything is so big that it's a shame to see it in this current state

|

4/4/2021 2:16 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

I started lurking on Vital back in 07. 80% of my time on this site was looking at bike builds and the other 20% reading about bike geo stuff.

Having been on skate forums the biggest difference is how minute in detail they get. For example there might be a 30+ page thread on what bearings you use/ have used. Or, how having a truck 5mm lower makes tricks easier. On Vital that level of nerding out is usually seen as completely useless and you should just "get whatever and go ride your bike".

Same with people that always build new bikes/ get new parts. On skate forums trying, buying and sharing new shit is encouraged. On Vital someone will call you out asking if you can even "do a bar" to justify all the parts you go through.

I mainly still come on here for the bike checks and give whatever help I can, but I still think there's a lot of rad and cool people on this site that love BMX in general.

*Edit: Now I see that OP only made this thread, because he doesn't like people enjoying low bars... Which is ironic, because like I pointed out skate forums love talking about different set-ups. lol

I didn't make this thread because I 'don't like small bars', read it again it seems like you kinda missed the point

|

4/4/2021 3:10 AM

makebikingcoolagain wrote:

wow someone got offended, my point isn't that I don't enjoy using this site, but that it's extremely boring, like most of the stuff on vital, that's why only old guys and little kids who don't know better use it. The potential of the forum and everything is so big that it's a shame to see it in this current state

Contribute something interesting then.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

4/4/2021 3:28 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

New idea: Vital but it’s only people who can do a bar. Eliminates most of the oldheads and all the little kids

Bye, lol

|

4/4/2021 4:12 AM

makebikingcoolagain wrote:

Been on this website for many years and only recently made an account but I've been observing the users. Its either old fucks who jack off to skinny tires/small bars 1000 kg bikes and fbm parts (you know the type) or just very young kids who ask questions about their walmart bikes. Why isn't the average bmx rider more acquainted with this site? No one at my local ever goes on here, there's like 10 people who are actually active and it's all pretty dead. In skateboarding there's millions of forums about anything but here it's extremely quiet. It's bothering me how this sport is just so unpopular and people on here still hold that attitude of cancerous elitism. And looking at vital's instagram it's like they are stuck in 2013, same logos and fonts, no new marketing, no nothing exciting. It feels like everything is targeted towards a very slim audience and it's sad. I really think we need something new, because what we have at the moment is very bland.

.pegless. wrote:

Do something about it then fucktard. Make your own site. Or stop using this one. You are completely in control of what websites and Instagram pages you look at.

makebikingcoolagain wrote:

wow someone got offended, my point isn't that I don't enjoy using this site, but that it's extremely boring, like most of the stuff on vital, that's why only old guys and little kids who don't know better use it. The potential of the forum and everything is so big that it's a shame to see it in this current state

I'm not offended. But this post is retarded. Either join in and contribute to make it better, or join pinkbike or something. It's a simple solution. And don't say "cancerous elitism" in the same post as making judgements of people you don't know. Makes you look a bit stupid.

|

4/4/2021 5:25 AM

.pegless. wrote:

I'm not offended. But this post is retarded. Either join in and contribute to make it better, or join pinkbike or something. It's a simple solution. And don't say "cancerous elitism" in the same post as making judgements of people you don't know. Makes you look a bit stupid.

the replies here kinda proved my point tho so try to see the irony in your responses

|

4/4/2021 5:45 AM

makebikingcoolagain wrote:

wow someone got offended, my point isn't that I don't enjoy using this site, but that it's extremely boring, like most of the stuff on vital, that's why only old guys and little kids who don't know better use it. The potential of the forum and everything is so big that it's a shame to see it in this current state

.pegless. wrote:

I'm not offended. But this post is retarded. Either join in and contribute to make it better, or join pinkbike or something. It's a simple solution. And don't say "cancerous elitism" in the same post as making judgements of people you don't know. Makes you look a bit stupid.

makebikingcoolagain wrote:

the replies here kinda proved my point tho so try to see the irony in your responses

My responses? Someone who clearly doesn't understand irony..... I'm just a guy who enjoys riding a bike, like everyone else here. My age, ability, or top ten favourite brands should be irrelevant. So someone who isn't a kid, isn't old, and prefers federal is ok? And you're not showing signs of elitism?

|

4/4/2021 5:56 AM

makebikingcoolagain wrote:

wow someone got offended, my point isn't that I don't enjoy using this site, but that it's extremely boring, like most of the stuff on vital, that's why only old guys and little kids who don't know better use it. The potential of the forum and everything is so big that it's a shame to see it in this current state

.pegless. wrote:

I'm not offended. But this post is retarded. Either join in and contribute to make it better, or join pinkbike or something. It's a simple solution. And don't say "cancerous elitism" in the same post as making judgements of people you don't know. Makes you look a bit stupid.

makebikingcoolagain wrote:

the replies here kinda proved my point tho so try to see the irony in your responses

lurker:

a person who lurks, in particular a user of an internet message board or chat room who does not participate.

Irony?






|

4/4/2021 6:13 AM

Actually, this forum can be quite helpful and a lot of fun too. Those frameless/chainless hate threads were hilarious and apparently one member has a mom that gets banged by just about everyone on here. This forum is only what you make of it.

Now I’m going to go jizz on my FBM’s, both of them!

|

4/4/2021 8:37 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Petition to change likes/dislikes into upvotes/downvotes.

You do not want this turning into reddit, trust me

|