The most annoying thing about riding skate parks?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/25/2020 7:29 AM

I would have to say mine is the parents that show up and drop off there 12 year old kid that has no business being there alone. There all hanging out with the annoying ass group of kids that are there for smoking and doing drugs.
Annoying pain in the assers

|

Husky Nation Member

11/25/2020 7:48 AM

i hate crowded parks in general

|

It’s all bmx

11/25/2020 9:29 AM

baglagrupie wrote:

I would have to say mine is the parents that show up and drop off there 12 year old kid that has no business being there alone. There all hanging out with the annoying ass group of kids that are there for smoking and doing drugs.

agree with the both of these. also going to the same park again and again can be boring after a while if you don't learn new tricks or new lines.

|

11/25/2020 9:51 AM

Crowds
litter
idiots who think they own it (public parks specifically)
assholes who intentionally try to buzz the little kids when the WHOLE PARK IS EMPTY (long story)
idiots who litter
people who blast their shitty music loudly for all to hear
people who run headphones and then get pissed that they cannot hear you coming and nearly smoke ya
asshole parents who think their kids have free reign to do whatever and can do no wrong
ledge police ("what are your pegs made of? PLASTIC ONLY")
empty threat people "I would call the cops on that biker dude cause bikes aren't allowed" (while promptly smoking underage, sipping a 4 loko and not wearing pads like the sign states are REQUIRED)
Flat tires
overfull trash cans
sand on the park
glass on the park
homeless people who live near the park and make money by buying 4 lokos for the kids
parents who think skateparks are a playground for their kids who don't have anything with wheels and just play tag/slide down ramps, then get pissed when you CALL THEM OUT.
Parents who think skateparks are free daycare and dump their kids and leave
Parents who complain about the bmxers at the "skateboard only park" then let their 12 year olds smoke and drink while not abiding by ANY other rules and threaten to call police on you.
Idiots
Brakeless kids who have zero skill and zero business with no brakes

I'm sure there are more options.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/25/2020 10:37 AM

Injuring myself.

|

11/25/2020 10:45 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Crowds
litter
assholes who intentionally try to buzz the little kids when the WHOLE PARK IS EMPTY (long story)
idiots who litter
people who run headphones and then get pissed that they cannot hear you coming and nearly smoke ya
asshole parents who think their kids have free reign to do whatever and can do no wrong
empty threat people "I would call the cops on that biker dude cause bikes aren't allowed" (while promptly smoking underage, sipping a 4 loko and not wearing pads like the sign states are REQUIRED)
Flat tires
overfull trash cans
sand on the park
glass on the park
homeless people who live near the park and make money by buying 4 lokos for the kids
parents who think skateparks are a playground for their kids who don't have anything with wheels and just play tag/slide down ramps, then get pissed when you CALL THEM OUT.
Parents who complain about the bmxers at the "skateboard only park" then let their 12 year olds smoke and drink while not abiding by ANY other rules and threaten to call police on you.
Idiots

Get it all off your chest, Dave

|

11/25/2020 11:09 AM

Unsupervised children running around wildly like it's a playground..that shit drives me crazy.

Another one: People who think they are entitled to take pics/videos of you while your just trying to ride. I don't ride much because of a back injury but I rode last weekend to try and have a chill sesh and loosen my back up (obviously I can't ride hard or go nuts) and some wool sweater dad was blatantly trying to film me and announcing to me that he was filming...made me hella uncomfortable. I know he had no ill-intent but I'm just trying to ride and deal with this injury man. Dude was getting all up in my lines, trying to find the best angles and shit. Maybe im just to old and introverted lol. Pain makes me grouchy.

|

2-wheels for life

11/25/2020 11:41 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Crowds
litter
idiots who litter
Flat tires
overfull trash cans
sand on the park
glass on the park
Idiots

A few tripplers there, but I can agree with everything.

|

11/25/2020 1:13 PM

The most annoying thing about skateparks is skateparks

|

11/25/2020 3:25 PM

Skateboarders. Not all of them, but at my most local one skateboarders just seem to love sitting on the hubba you were just riding, then get upset when you ask them to move. Or play flat skate right in the runway you need. Or cut bikers off then act like it’s their fault. I swear half of them have brain damage and I’d almost rather a park flooded with scooters over skaters with how some of them act here.

|

11/25/2020 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2020 6:29 PM

The lack of big jumps , I swear skatepark builders dont know what a box jump is , and how they either build a weak park full of 4 foot quarterpipes and foot tall ledges and anything they build bigger now like a deep bowl they ruin them with that shitty trendy pool coping that sticks out like a bump an inch over the transition that kicks you to the flat if you air out of it that skaters for some reason love because they just want to fantasize it’s still the lords of dog town days and all pools are for is kickturns and grinds

|

11/25/2020 4:30 PM

Not being able to ride it like Dave mirra

|

11/25/2020 5:08 PM

I also hate when kids ask what tricks I can do or how long I’ve been riding. Or when anyone tries to talk to me in general.

|

It’s all bmx

11/25/2020 5:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2020 5:34 PM

The group of 15-20 underage kids smoking cigarettes, weed and vapes right next to the bowl at my local. That shit pools in the bowl and they’re complete asses about it.

|

11/26/2020 4:10 PM

Random kids asking for a shot of my bike, then asking why i tell them no is annoying at best.
1. I'm riding it
2. How do i know you ain’t gonna just fuck off with it.
3. Can you afford to pay for anything on it if you break it? I get pissed off with myself el when i break stuff because i know good parts ain’t cheap and have other priorities in life that means replacing bits has to take a back seat. This is also why I rarely take up offers to ride someone else's bike.

Skatepark chavs, they don't ride or skate but are hangers on to their pals who do (almost always scooter riders here) and their pals seem to be adept at sitting on the most popular ledges and quarters being ridden. Said hangers on are usually also responsible for the smashed glass and the litter once it gets too dark to use the ramps, so resort to getting wankered on buckfast and tennants and trashing the place.

Parents bringing their 3 year old kids to the skatepark at peak times with their balance bike or scooter. Seen way too many close calls and collisions because toddlers have no awareness of whats going on around them and their parents expect other users to move around them, then parents get pissy because their dear son/daughter got plowed into because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and not being properly supervised.
As a father myself, I get it it, start them young and all that. But do you really have to come at the busiest time possible to a packed park when it is usually dead before 11am?
Public parks are for everyone here in the UK and i firmly believe everyone has the right to use them, but apply some common sense for fuck sake.

And the latest trend here, tik-tokers. This lot need to be burned at the stake.

|

11/26/2020 4:29 PM

baglagrupie wrote:

probably the cracks and bumps in the pavement

|

11/26/2020 8:03 PM

Having to wait in line or when a spot is dominated by a group to the point its no fun trying to squeeze in.

Its a large reason why I prefer riding street...that and street feels dirty...in a good way.

|

11/27/2020 4:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2020 4:28 AM

d-Herz wrote:

Unsupervised children running around wildly like it's a playground..that shit drives me crazy.

Another one: People who think they are entitled to take pics/videos of you while your just trying to ride. I don't ride much because of a back injury but I rode last weekend to try and have a chill sesh and loosen my back up (obviously I can't ride hard or go nuts) and some wool sweater dad was blatantly trying to film me and announcing to me that he was filming...made me hella uncomfortable. I know he had no ill-intent but I'm just trying to ride and deal with this injury man. Dude was getting all up in my lines, trying to find the best angles and shit. Maybe im just to old and introverted lol. Pain makes me grouchy.

That's weird.

There is a guy in MN that travels to skateparks and takes "action shots" all the time. Back in 03 when I first saw it (and got a couple shots taken) it was ok. Now I think it is a bit weird that he does this all under his own decision and dime.

Most of the photos are underage dudes. Weird guy.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/27/2020 11:50 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Crowds
litter
idiots who litter
Flat tires
overfull trash cans
sand on the park
glass on the park
Idiots

Man, the no bikes thing is wild and I feel like is exclusively American. Sucks that you lot still have to deal with that shit.

A big one for me at the moment are scooter kids who loiter in the flat bottom of the bowl so they can ride the waterfall like a fly out.

|

11/28/2020 12:52 AM

Dumbfucks that come to skateparks to smoke and only ride 5 minutes during the 4 hours they're here, tiring you with their retarded discussions, smoking in your face, smoking near your bag which then smells like shit, etc. etc.

Fuck drug addicts

|

11/28/2020 8:13 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Skateboarders. Not all of them, but at my most local one skateboarders just seem to love sitting on the hubba you were just riding, then get upset when you ask them to move. Or play flat skate right in the runway you need. Or cut bikers off then act like it’s their fault. I swear half of them have brain damage and I’d almost rather a park flooded with scooters over skaters with how some of them act here.

They wipe out alot and their skateboard immediately becomes a lethal weapon flying out of control very fast. Have to keep my head on a swivel for flying skateboards constantly....

|

11/28/2020 11:27 AM

annoy: recently built skatepark ramps and obstacles are just too small and tight to ride/blast
despise: front tire unexpectedly slipping on glass concrete at high speeds

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/28/2020 11:29 AM

pnfdog wrote:

They wipe out alot and their skateboard immediately becomes a lethal weapon flying out of control very fast. Have to keep my head on a swivel for flying skateboards constantly....

i yell BOARD whenever i see a loose board on the fly. many skaters yell it too, some dont. and if they dont, i make sure to yell it loud enough so the offender hears me call his shit out.

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/29/2020 9:11 AM

Tweakers. Fucking tweakers.

|

11/29/2020 11:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2020 11:56 AM

Parents who think their child owns the park. I remember Scotty's mom kicked this lady out (with my mom's help) at the Incline in like 04 for making a scene because her kid was watching instead of riding & she thought we were hogging the park. Scotty's mom is the sweetest person so that lady was completely out of line to make her do that.

|

11/29/2020 1:15 PM

yarders91 wrote:

Random kids asking for a shot of my bike, then asking why i tell them no is annoying at best.
1. I'm riding it
3. Can you afford to pay for anything on it if you break it? I get pissed off with myself el when i break stuff because i know good parts ain’t cheap and have other priorities in life that means replacing bits has to take a back seat. This is also why I rarely take up offers to ride someone else's bike.

Skatepark chavs, they don't ride or skate but are hangers on to their pals who do (almost always scooter riders here) and their pals seem to be adept at sitting on the most popular ledges and quarters being ridden. Said hangers on are usually also responsible for the smashed glass and the litter once it gets too dark to use the ramps, so resort to getting wankered on buckfast and tennants and trashing the place.

Parents bringing their 3 year old kids to the skatepark at peak times with their balance bike or scooter. Seen way too many close calls and collisions because toddlers have no awareness of whats going on around them and their parents expect other users to move around them, then parents get pissy because their dear son/daughter got plowed into because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and not being properly supervised.
As a father myself, I get it it, start them young and all that. But do you really have to come at the busiest time possible to a packed park when it is usually dead before 11am?
Public parks are for everyone here in the UK and i firmly believe everyone has the right to use them, but apply some common sense for fuck sake.

This! Also the new trend of bringing those electric scooters to the park and zooming around like the place is a formula 1 track with no awareness at all making it so that I have to throw myself and the bike out of the way because I can’t hit the breaks in time.

|

11/29/2020 7:33 PM

SCOOTERS, OUT OF NOWHERE.

Blocking bowls, blocking quarters, blocking islands, everything pretty much or are in the way at the end of a clip...
|

11/29/2020 7:36 PM

yarders91 wrote:

1. I'm riding it

ishthericio wrote:

This! Also the new trend of bringing those electric scooters to the park and zooming around like the place is a formula 1 track with no awareness at all making it so that I have to throw myself and the bike out of the way because I can’t hit the breaks in time.

This for sure, and relates to lots of other fancy zooming things around the park, crazy, not a dull moment.

|

11/29/2020 7:55 PM

Will you do another flair? Can you front flip. Will you do it.

|

11/29/2020 8:24 PM

I keep having conversations with guys coming up to me at the park that "used to ride" or that haven't ridden in 3 years and decided to dust off their old Eastern. According to them, they've all been best friends with the few local pros from this area both past and present...and were all sponsored by the same companies as those guys "back in the day". Yeah I'm sure you were on Etnies bud, I just watched to loop out trying to feeble the smallest ledge here. 9/10 I'm older than they are and more often than not they're poor historians or straight up don't know what they're talking about. One guy tried to tell me that Mike Aitken was now sponsored by Subrosa.

So I have to bite my tongue or politely educate them. Either way I'm annoyed. The guys that are older than me.....are WAY older than me. Like they haven't touched a bike since '92. We talk bmx until their knowledge runs out and then usually they start bragging about much puss they used to slay at the bars when they were younger.

I've never had a big issue with skaters. Since moving my new local park is full of scooters. It's all good until you get snaked.....and you will be snaked. I also don't like when coping has a mountain of wax on it. My toothpick game doesn't need that garbage.

|