The new bell helmet

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2012 1:48 PM

Hey guys this is the first topic I've made so I don't exactly know how this works. But I would like to know what everyone thinks of riding with helmets? I ride with a Bucky lasek plus and I was stoked to get it. But after Maddog's injury I've been hearing that soft shells aren't as safe. I then found out that bell have released a new helmet called the segment. This helmet is supposed to be more comfortable than the usual hard shell helmets and also fits nicer. I think I found a site which sells them in the UK aswell. So go and check out the 'Bell Segment' helmet and tell me what you think.

|

10/22/2012 2:05 PM

Welcome to vital. It's just like any other forum, so feel free to post anything bmx.

As for helmets, I rarely wear one when I ride. I know it's risky, but ...EH', whatever. Although when I hit the parks I just use a standard old bell. It's way old. I never thought about the quality of the plastic and some being weaker than others? I just put on whatever and ride....

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/22/2012 2:44 PM

i wear helmets all the time

661 > Pro Tec > Pryme > Bell....but anything that's DOT/SNELL approved will work fine for your head.

|

10/22/2012 4:07 PM

i dont wear one but i probably should, i just think its so uncomfortable... ive gotten plenty of concussions while using one in hockey anyways, maddog was wearing one and you see what happened to him, they dont do much, not saying they dont do anything, i dont know, im actually concussed right now. got hit real hard in hockey yesterday...

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

10/22/2012 9:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2012 10:05 PM

i ride with helmets all the time these days............i have a bell fullface that i rarely wear cause theres not much vert to ride around here.......and ive been riding a tsg this last summer...........nearly died this summer from a near fatal head injury riding and it happened to be the one day i thought i was just going for a casual ride around and not trying anything and wasnt wearing a helmet.......wear your helmets kids..........i work in a brain injury hospital and ive seen the end result........wearing your helmets is deffinatly worth it........ive seen so many stupid kids bash each other at my skatepark cause apparently its not cool to wear helmets these days, plenty of idiots at the skatepark that will either not progress to get anywhere talented....or they will learn the hard way, ive seen so many kids start to learn, get hurt once,then lose confidence and give up trying to progress

|

10/23/2012 1:10 AM

I don't wear helmet because it gets problem me when I ride.

|

10/23/2012 3:37 PM

i googled the helmet... it looks retarded. stick with the bucky. im riding that now.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/10/2013 9:51 AM

I have an s-one helmet and I loved it. Its super comfortable but yesterday I ate shit and got a really bad concussion lol. Now Im thinking about getting the the bell segment. If you got it, please tell me what you think!

|

RIDE! - FBG$

3/10/2013 10:03 AM

I don't wear mine because it's this peice of shit Photo

No padding what so ever

|

3/10/2013 10:10 AM

bmflexxer wrote:

I have an s-one helmet and I loved it. Its super comfortable but yesterday I ate shit and got a really bad concussion lol. Now Im thinking about getting the the bell segment. If you got it, please tell me what you think!

new people... dont bump old threads

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/10/2013 10:47 AM

carjakester wrote:

i dont wear one but i probably should, i just think its so uncomfortable... ive gotten plenty of concussions while using one in hockey anyways, maddog was wearing one and you see what happened to him, they dont do much, not saying they dont do anything, i dont know, im actually concussed right now. got hit real hard in hockey yesterday...

he wasnt wearing an approved helmet though.. he had a skate helmet on....

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/10/2013 10:48 AM

oops didnt realize this was old...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/10/2013 10:28 PM

I have like 2 protecs and one Krusher helmet. They rule

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short