Photo

Photo

|

1/12/2018 2:58 PM

Decent

|

1/12/2018 3:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 3:06 PM

Oh dang! I'm so jealous! I want one sooooo bad! Really like it though Mishinn! I'm really happy for you!smile Hopefully my buddy will get a new fame so I can buy his TallBoy... it just sucks his is a 20.75"tt... but whatever... but, it's still a TallBoy lol... so when are you going to build her up?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/12/2018 3:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 3:08 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Oh dang! I'm so jealous! I want one sooooo bad! Really like it though Mishinn! I'm really happy for you!smile Hopefully my buddy ...more

I keep telling everyone that it's a "winter build" but we all know the only truth to that is that it is winter & I will be building it during winter. So... Probably real soon.

|

1/12/2018 3:09 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Oh dang! I'm so jealous! I want one sooooo bad! Really like it though Mishinn! I'm really happy for you!smile Hopefully my buddy ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I keep telling everyone that it's a "winter build" but we all know the only truth to that is that it is winter & I will be ...more

Cool! Are you going to use parts of the Shovelhead or the Fit? Or just build a new custom bike?

|

1/12/2018 3:13 PM

Nice...

|

1/12/2018 3:20 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Cool! Are you going to use parts of the Shovelhead or the Fit? Or just build a new custom bike?

Mostly new. Probably going to use the wheelset from the fit. I'll throw in something else to sell it, sell it without wheels, or maybe get rid of the SE & keep the fit. I don't know. Lol

|

1/12/2018 4:42 PM

Nice color. Like it.

|

1/13/2018 1:11 AM

Awesome!

|

1/13/2018 2:31 AM

nice

|

Hmmm

1/13/2018 8:19 AM

Is that...trans gold? Kinda looks like a brown or maybe a dark copper in the photos.

|

1/13/2018 8:28 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Is that...trans gold? Kinda looks like a brown or maybe a dark copper in the photos.

Lol... Yeah.. It's trans gold. I can't get away from it! Although, I have kicked around the ideas of powder coating it gloss black. I just can get around the fact that there's nothing wrong with the trans gold. It's flawless (other than the usual "under clear rust marks" that all trans frames suffer from.

|

1/13/2018 8:55 AM

Hell yeah dude, I've just gotten mine in about a week ago too, expect in hog pink. Will be building it as soon as this damn collarbone heals

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

1/13/2018 9:01 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Hell yeah dude, I've just gotten mine in about a week ago too, expect in hog pink. Will be building it as soon as this damn ...more

Yeah... I saw your post.hope you heal up fast, bro! Looking forward to seeing your build.

|

1/13/2018 9:07 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Hell yeah dude, I've just gotten mine in about a week ago too, expect in hog pink. Will be building it as soon as this damn ...more

Damn collarbones break like breadsticks...

|

1/13/2018 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2018 1:10 PM

So... I need your thoughts & suggestions for this build.

1st, I LOVE the look of a trans gold and black bike. Just looks badass.

2nd, I love a black bike with chrome forks, bars, cranks.

So... I'm torn. Do I build up the trans gold with black? Should I build the trans gold with chrome forks, bars, cranks? Or should I build the black frame, chrome bars, cranks, fork?

|

1/13/2018 1:49 PM

For what it would cost to have that frame powder coated... Why didn't you just buy a brand new Tall Boy in black? lol

Also, I really wanted a trans gold Tall Boy with chrome bars, forks and cranks, so that would be my vote.

|

1/13/2018 2:19 PM

Congrats.

Schemes:
The easy way out is to go all black parts with the trans gold frame. Does look good and nature/ weather is easier on parts.

What I think looks best with trans gold and even raw is. Polished wheels, chrome seat post, chrome forks and chrome bars. Tho with the way chrome companies and the weather etc, is. Chrome is a pain to keep from rusting and scratching. Chrome plating as it is, is not like it use to be.

|

1/15/2018 2:02 AM

Do not change the colour of the frame, it's beautiful. I'd go black parts, with maybe the odd flat gold addition, like the Fly Bikes gold.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

1/15/2018 4:41 AM

Wayne S wrote:

Congrats.

Schemes:
The easy way out is to go all black parts with the trans gold frame. Does look good and nature/ weather ...more

That's interesting. I was not aware of chrome quality being an issue these days & outside of looks, I was wanting chrome for the durability factor. Doesn't sound like that would really be the case.

|

1/15/2018 4:43 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

For what it would cost to have that frame powder coated... Why didn't you just buy a brand new Tall Boy in black? lol

Also, ...more

Because I couldn't have gotten the deal I did on this frame if I had gotten it in black.

The black is/was just an option but because of cost, hassle, & my frugality, it was my last choice of the group.

|

1/15/2018 6:16 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Damn collarbones break like breadsticks...

Yes they do.grin When I broke mine the doctor said it only take 7 pounds of pressure to break it...

|

1/15/2018 7:38 AM

congrats man, cant wait to see the finished product

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!