The rollback podcast

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2018 11:35 PM

Kyle Carlson started a new podcast on SoundCloud called the rollback

I’m 10 minutes into the Jamie bestwick podcast and I’m sold , this is good thing for bmx and I hope Kyle keeps it up and kills it with it , how much he travels and works his ass off to cover bmx and do it well and still go out and want to do more and start a podcast is rad as fuck , props and keep it up man

|

5/23/2018 3:40 AM

i always listen to podcasts to help me not go full ADD when im studying, its gonna be nice to have some podcasts that i give a fuck about.
Also Lashaan Kobza was on joe rogan i havent seen that one yet but im going to be giving these a listen for sure.

|

Hmmm

5/23/2018 8:21 AM

I'm 25 into the Van Homan one, listened to all the others. Kyle hit the nail on the head with this one. I want to see a lot more. Current and former pros.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/23/2018 11:45 AM

Thanks, gentlemen. Really appreciate you listening!

Always appreciate any feedback / recommendations / criticisms!

FYI, the next episode is Dennis Enarson and it drops next Tuesday.

|

5/23/2018 11:46 AM

|

5/23/2018 1:36 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Also, if anyone is interested, here are the links -

iTunes - ...more

Done and done, thanks Kyle!

I gotta say the BMX podcasts taking off are REALLY awesome. BMX in our Blood is great, the Space Brothers Podcast is great, and I've been a big fan of Feeble Talk for a while. I'd never complain about more BMX content.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/23/2018 2:12 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Done and done, thanks Kyle!

I gotta say the BMX podcasts taking off are REALLY awesome. BMX in our Blood is great, the Space ...more

Thanks for listening!

I've literally never listened to any of those other BMX podcasts. Not in a negative way by any means - I guess I've just always felt like I had my fix of BMX going through my brain. Stoked there are things out there that you're into. Having options is never a bad thing!

|

5/24/2018 11:19 AM

One suggestion I want to make sure you hear is to have pros from back in the day on! Don't limit yourself to current pros!

Some I would like to see in the future: DMC, Hoffman, Kagy, Brian Vowell, Rick Moliterno, Beringer, Adam Banton, Jason Enns, Rooftop, Joe Rich, Taj, Tom Haugen, Dustin Grice, Crandall.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/24/2018 7:21 PM

Speaking of Feeble Talk. what happened with that? there hasn't been an ep in ages

|

5/25/2018 8:20 AM

Just subscribed, but yet to listen. Can't wait though to listen to the Van Homan one.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

5/25/2018 9:17 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

One suggestion I want to make sure you hear is to have pros from back in the day on! Don't limit yourself to current pros!

...more

To add to this point 2 guys id love to see a podcast with would be Jay Miron and Stephen Murray

|

5/26/2018 12:21 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

...more

There's no limitation - many of these guys have already been on "to-do list."

I'm sure there will be plenty you're stoked on in the months to come!

|

5/26/2018 1:26 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Thanks for listening!

I've literally never listened to any of those other BMX podcasts. Not in a negative way by any means - ...more

Oh man, I don’t really blame you. My whole life isn’t BMX but it’s definitely become something I really want to learn the history of during my time not riding (pretty much from 1998-2017).

So Joe Doherty’s podcast is cool because he tends not to do any research on his interviewees and lets them kinda just shoot the shit. I can imagine since you cover so many different things involving BMX you don’t really need to sit down and listen to yet another rider talk. laughing

Anyway I listened to all the episodes and really like the format, I’m looking forward to more and definitely agree with Dave that new/mid/and old school riders are always fun to hear from.

|

5/30/2018 2:30 PM

For those interested, the new episode with Dennis Enarson is live -

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rollback-a-bmx-podcast/id1387580707?mt=2

Any feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
|

5/30/2018 2:32 PM

Listened yesterday on my way in. Really like the laid back feel of it, and it was pretty interesting to hear Dennis talk about his back injury...as I sit here with a back injury.

|

5/31/2018 11:58 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Listened yesterday on my way in. Really like the laid back feel of it, and it was pretty interesting to hear Dennis talk about ...more

Damn. Good luck with that. Back injuries completely suck.

|

5/31/2018 12:15 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Listened yesterday on my way in. Really like the laid back feel of it, and it was pretty interesting to hear Dennis talk about ...more

kylecarlson wrote:

Damn. Good luck with that. Back injuries completely suck.

Yup, no joke though, Dennis has it right. Pain pills will kill you, steroid shots, cortisone shots, its all just masking the pain. Stretching, yoga, eating right, and knowing your body makes all the difference.

Honestly, 3 years ago I couldn't stand for more than 3 or 4 minutes before having to sit down. Now I can ride for a couple hours and don't feel horrible afterwards.

|

6/5/2018 10:10 AM

New episode with Daniel Dhers is live. Daniel's story is pretty crazy...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rollback-a-bmx-podcast/id1387580707?mt=2

?rel=0
|

6/5/2018 10:31 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

...more

Sweeeet. Listening now. By the way...I think my job is moving me out to LA soon so...I won't have to complain about other people living so close to the beach.

|

6/5/2018 10:52 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

...more

Gave this a listen before, top notch.
My only complaint is that there aren't enough of them smile

|

Hmmm

6/6/2018 3:10 AM

Just getting round to starting these, looking forward to it!

|

6/11/2018 11:30 PM

Really enjoyed the Jamie Bestwick and Van Homan episodes, nice work Kyle! Struggled a bit with the Mike Spinner one though because it just felt like an hour of being flexed on unsure

|

6/12/2018 12:26 AM

I just go t the notification that the Ryan mills podcast got uploaded, going to listen in a bit because he probably has some mad tales from personal experience.

|

Hmmm

6/12/2018 9:37 AM

Edman123 wrote:

I just go t the notification that the Ryan mills podcast got uploaded, going to listen in a bit because he probably has some ...more

Crazy shit, but man...how awesome it is that he's come back and is in such good spirits. I've lost a few friends to the shit he got caught up in. It's amazing he's alive and still riding as well as he is.

|