The story of how I stole my own bike..

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2016 9:14 AM

I've never really told this story, so I figured now would be a good a time as ever. it was summer of 8th grade and I had just gotten into bmx. at the time, I had a 2012 verde eon, and loved it a lot. bring it to my grandmas house while visiting for a few days. it gets stolen. my hard work and money thrown away.

freshman year. I was riding on the bus with a friend, when I see a picture of MY BIKE on his phone. alarmingly, I go, who's bike is that? he tells me it belongs to a friend of his, who I won't name. he also had video of them riding it. stupidly, I barge into their house looking for my bike. they hid it. I knew I had but one choice. her brother was gullible. I tell him I'll trade an iPhone to him if he tells me where my bike is. he agrees, not knowing I moved far across town.

that night, me and another friend, snook behind the house. we jumped the fence. come to see, my old bike(I got a new one at the time), completely rusted out and destroyed. here are some pics I took once we got it back to my grandmas house. Photo

Photo

Photo

I have since started building her into a second bike, known as Victoria. I'll gladly show my progress so far in the bike checks section if requested.

|

9/3/2016 11:37 AM

Haha that's crazy! Glad you got it back in the end.

|

9/3/2016 7:44 PM

Good work!

|

9/3/2016 8:04 PM

So good. It's always a good feeling when you get a stolen bike back, I've gotten a few back for some people cause people are here are retards and come out riding the shit eventually.

A couple months ago a friend of mine got his bike stolen near the skate park (which is about 40 minutes away from us as is) cause he stupidly went to a convenience store by himself and let his bike outside. Of course someone stole it and since it's in a sketchy area of York (anyone who knows York, PA, knows what I mean) we figure it's long gone, painted, maybe even parted out by now.

Nope, a week later our other friend got it back when he went to the skatepark by himself. It was sitting right down the road from the store it got stolen at (maybe 300 feet?) just sitting outside a skating rink which is also right by the skatepark. Our friend said he saw it as he was pulling into the skatepark parking lot, drove over and just grabbed it and walked off with it haha. It wasn't painted or parted out, but whoever stole it must have thought the "BTM" cut out (S&M BTM frame) on the seat stay bridge was his initials or something cause he broke out the letters which is kinda funny. People can be such trash but luckily sometimes you get your shit back.

|

9/3/2016 9:01 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

So good. It's always a good feeling when you get a stolen bike back, I've gotten a few back for some people cause people are ...more

haha wow, that's pretty crazy man. but yes, I agree that even though everything I bought and had on it was completely ruined, I felt damn good getting back the bike that started it all.

|

9/3/2016 9:16 PM

I got my bike stolen one day when I was working at krogers most employees parked to one side of the parking lot and our security gaurd was watching the cameras because a couple of people were sitting by my car ( which his motorcycle was parked near so he was watching them) my car was unlocked and they took it security asked if it was my car and then called the cops I got it back the same day and pressed charges since it cost over 1500 and I had all my reciepts they got charged with more then just a misdemeanor

|