The struggles of a FC

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2016 7:53 PM

ok haven't been on here in a little but i got a couple questions.
iv had a free coaster, a demolition rotation, and its fucking awesome, but i know your supposed to re-grease every 6 months and iv had it for about a year and haven't greased it. Should I and how should i do it? any good videos to watch and what type of grease, lithium??
thankss

|

3/13/2016 8:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2016 8:21 PM

Fix it when it starts giving you problems , or every beginning of the season . That's the smart idea

Coming from a rider who rides a demolition rotator ...if you treat it right it will treat you right .

|

3/13/2016 9:02 PM

Rotator V1 blew shit out of the box , but besides that freecoasters are fun . Grease it when needed , don't go often though .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/13/2016 11:18 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Rotator V1 blew shit out of the box , but besides that freecoasters are fun . Grease it when needed , don't go often though . ...more

dude i heard they were shit but good, so i went for it and mine works like a charm, i love it

|

3/14/2016 12:35 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Rotator V1 blew shit out of the box , but besides that freecoasters are fun . Grease it when needed , don't go often though . ...more

bmxChuck wrote:

dude i heard they were shit but good, so i went for it and mine works like a charm, i love it

He got unlucky and the v1 had a crappy aluminum axle. They immediately fixed it and now I haven't really had major issues with mine after over a year and half.

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/14/2016 7:32 AM

Even if I don't own a Demolition Rotator, I do own a FC, and I do re-grease it. I have done it about 2 times now, maybe I'll do it a third time in the coming months, as water might have gone inside it from my last hosing session (and first-that day i got really pissed and-meh- who cares, lets just get some water here).

Okay, back to free coaster greasing.

I recommend something that is not heavy at all, some sort of slick bearing grease, and nothing sticky (hell no, nothing sticky). It should feel like warm butter, not cold butter, and it should paste on easily. I personally recommend Buzz's Slick Honey grease, that thing is friggin great. It pastes on very easily, and just stays on there no matter what, despite it's really soft and liquidish texture.

Take your time to really lubricate the free coaster. Most important place is probably on that clutch disc where the spings pushes against the pawl mechanisms, and where friction is very common (i.e. one part on another part, moving/sliding, with no bearing in between). Contrary to popular belief, do not over-grease the pawl tips and the ratchet teeth, just keep them a bit dry, so that they do not slip. Just a wee bit of coating helps to inhibit rust. Another thing to lube, and this time back off with the grease (and bring in some oil/lube), are the pivoting points of the pawls.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

3/14/2016 10:11 AM

[img]

[/img]
|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx