The stupidest thing you've done-(or seen someone else do)- on a BMX.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2018 2:19 AM

Share with us the absolute stupidest thing you or someone else has done on a BMX.
Or at least on another type of bicycle.

|

8/7/2018 6:39 AM

The thing I regret the most is not wearing my ankle braces riding in front of my house. My right foot wouldnt have had ruptured ligaments...

Probably the stupidest thing Ive done was outrun a cop on my bike after he tried "pulling me over". I turned a corner real quick to race to a confusing apartment complex I could weave in and out of. I saw an opening to get in real quick and hopped off my bike. It was a huge drop with a 3-4 ft railing in front of it. I threw my bike over a 15ft drop and I jumped after it and landed in a bush and waited till he passed. I wasnt planning to do that, I just did it without thinking. Stayed there for about 5 mins till I was confident he drove by.

|

8/7/2018 6:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 6:56 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

The thing I regret the most is not wearing my ankle braces riding in front of my house. My right foot wouldnt have had ...more

Same, Ran from Campus Police at University of Southern California, I lost them by Hopping UP a stair set while being chased by a squad car but got cornered by a construction site- when I climbed the fence they were already pulling up like 3 campus security cars on the other side and screaming "GET OFF THE BIKE,NOW!". They cuffed me and threw me in the back for like 30 minutes; swearing that I knew some other guy on a BMX running around campus, after that they said I was banned from campus and let me go. USC had some of the best spots, It's a shame.

|

8/7/2018 7:31 AM

Nothing really. I'm pretty boring :/

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/7/2018 7:46 AM

Riding every day without a helmet ?

|

Street yes please

8/7/2018 11:47 AM

4piecenorway wrote:

Stop acting like you’re the only one lmao.
Honestly though, the helmet is more dangerous for me to wear than to not because I have trouble telling how hydrated I am, it’s the same reason why I don’t wear hats.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/7/2018 11:48 AM

For my entry, it’s the people who jump over fences out of the skatepark, that will get you killed or messed up.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/7/2018 12:37 PM

When I was younger I'd always go far too slow at every jump. Hurt myself pretty badly a few times by nosediving the backs of landings.

Manualing down a hill whilst drunk was stupider though, looped out at the bottom into gravel and took all the skin off my hip

|

8/7/2018 1:59 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

Stop acting like you’re the only one lmao.
Honestly though, the helmet is more dangerous for me to wear than to not because I ...more

Im not acting that im the only one i just think about it alot

|

Street yes please

8/7/2018 5:51 PM

4piecenorway wrote:

I use to do this as a kid... Got older and now realize it was stupid as fuck. I see so many young kids at my local skate park wearing no helmet. The worst part is there parents are sitting around allowing it.

|

8/7/2018 6:14 PM

I think my mom thinks im wearing a helmet i dunno bit the helmet i feel takes away the freedom feling that comes with bmx and its annoying as shit when it shakes around

|

Street yes please

8/7/2018 7:47 PM

or having permanent brain damage. We don't see it often but if it happens to you or someone you care about it will change your life.

if your helmet wobbles on your head, it doesn't fit correctly.

with that said. I've spent most of my time without a helmet... :/

|

8/7/2018 7:52 PM

4piecenorway wrote:

I think my mom thinks im wearing a helmet i dunno bit the helmet i feel takes away the freedom feling that comes with bmx and ...more

If it shakes, it doesnt fit.

|

8/7/2018 9:38 PM

Photo
|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/8/2018 1:03 AM

Helmet > No helmet. 100% of the time.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/8/2018 3:47 AM

When I was a kid in the 80's I gave a friend a ride home from school on my handlebars. We decided to bomb the biggest hill in the city since it was the route I took every day anyway. It is/was called "S&S".
Halfway down, the speed got to his head even though I had full control of the bike. He bailed at about 25 mph and of course could not run that fast so he ate it immediately. Straight to the ground he went and started sliding in front of me. My front tire went into his crotch and we slid a good 20 feet like that before we came to a stop.
His butt and balls must have been chewed up pretty good.
I felt bad, but it wasn't my fault. If he would have stayed on he woulda been fine.
Try to picture a kid sliding down a red brick road on his stomach with a BMXer pushing him down the hill with his bike in the kid's groin and eventually rolling over his back as his slide came to a stop. That was us. LOL This happened 35 years ago, but I still see it as clear as day in my mind. His name was Jonathan. He likely doesn't remember me (if he's even alive anymore), but I will never forget him. cool laughing unsure silly w00t

|

Pull Up!