The war over mail order.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2011 11:36 AM

Dan's Comp, Empire, or Albe's? I'm going to throw in my 2 cents on this topic. Start a nice little conversation. Here's my thoughts:

Dan's Comp- Has the most selection out of the three. I can always find what I need there. And, I have always had great customer service, and fast shipping.

Empire- Gotta support my (somewhat) locals. Fast shipping, good customer service, and sometime's prices well cheaper than Dan's or Albe's.

Albe's- GREAT Customer service, competitive prices, and a drive to progress our sport.

In my opinion, all have there strengths, and you just have to order through whoever has what you want.

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

2/14/2011 11:42 AM

Coupons.. it's all about discounts n shit.. life is too expensive..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

2/14/2011 11:44 AM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

Coupons.. it's all about discounts n shit.. life is too expensive..

True that. I miss when my parents payed my bills for me. Should've never moved out.

|

2/14/2011 11:48 AM

Yeahh Coupons are the shit and is why I order on Danscomp. Empire mostly never has some good one.

If Ables had a 20 % off code I would order my new frame off them but they dont.

|

2/14/2011 11:56 AM

See, I go with the shop I work at first, and if they don't have it, THEN I go to mail order. I will ALWAYS try to go through my local shop first, and I suggest you do the same, because only ordering from mailorder places can potentially cause local shops to become a thing of the past.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/14/2011 11:57 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

See, I go with the shop I work at first, and if they don't have it, THEN I go to mail order. I will ALWAYS try to go through my local shop first, and I suggest you do the same, because only ordering from mailorder places can potentially cause local shops to become a thing of the past.

Definitely. My local shop is 75 miles away. But when I can, I hit them up. They are awesome to the BMX community.

|

2/14/2011 11:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2011 12:00 PM

i've never had a problem with any of them. but dans has a WAY bigger selection. so thats my first choice. but empire has cooler stickers that come with orders

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

2/14/2011 12:02 PM

To build my calafia.
Bike wiggle uk
stem,cranks/bb,pedals,chain,sprocket-dans comp.
seat-empire
rims,seatpost,brakes-flatland fuel.
hubs,tires,pegs-maximum bmx
grips,seatpost clamp-price point.
spokes,nipples,brake pads-lbs
I just went with who had what I needed.
The only problem I had was having my cc numbers hacked from dans.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

2/14/2011 12:05 PM

bloghogs wrote:

To build my calafia.
Bike wiggle uk
stem,cranks/bb,pedals,chain,sprocket-dans comp.
seat-empire
rims,seatpost,brakes-flatland fuel.
hubs,tires,pegs-maximum bmx
grips,seatpost clamp-price point.
spokes,nipples,brake pads-lbs
I just went with who had what I needed.
The only problem I had was having my cc numbers hacked from dans.

This is how I do. I just get my stuff from whoever has what I need.

|

2/14/2011 12:07 PM

1. Empire
2. Dans (purely off selection and coupons)
3. Albes

|

2/14/2011 1:30 PM

I wanna order from Empire and Albe's!

|

2/14/2011 1:30 PM

dans - only when they are the only people that have what I need
empire - I usually only buy from the actual store in austin. they're the most expensive for me since I have to pay tax AND shipping. they're good peeps though
albes - I try to order most of my stuff off of them. they have great customer service and are willing to help out, I just wish they had a better selection

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

2/14/2011 1:40 PM

I get whoever has the best price!

|

I like my chain tight...like my women.

2/14/2011 1:40 PM

One of my local shops just started doing mail order and they are doing a daily deal thing where they blow out one item a day on there front page. Like right now they have Aitken S-4 frame for $330 and they have a discount code going on too. They are just getting into it so we will see what happends but if anyone wants to check it out its www.cycletherapybmx.com

|

2/14/2011 1:42 PM

Empire has a larger selection of certain parts. Many companies stock items there first,

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

2/14/2011 2:08 PM

i order from all 3. im not picky i just pick the cheapest. but my local shop price matches. so i always try to order from them

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

2/14/2011 2:16 PM

I just order from whoever has the best prices. I don't pick and choose "just because."

And i occasionally buy stuff from my local shop.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

2/14/2011 2:51 PM

bikyala wrote:

I get whoever has the best price!

this

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

2/14/2011 2:51 PM

Albe's is my local shop, sort of. They're the second closest, but my real LBS is overpriced.
For those that think Albe's doesn't have a great selection, they only carry legit stuff. They won;t sell you something they think is garbage. And they don't carry multiples of the same thing. No need to carry every 75mm Pivotal post
But in my experience they will order pretty much anything in, and get it within a day or two.
Plus Turbo builds great wheels, and John hooks my bike up everytime I bring it in all jacked up.
I have oredered from Empire a time or two, just cause I wanted some of their decals.
And when Dans has a monster sale with 20+% off and free shipping it's tough to beat
But Albe's is always the first place I check

|

2/14/2011 3:03 PM

genesis wrote:

Albe's is my local shop, sort of. They're the second closest, but my real LBS is overpriced.
For those that think Albe's doesn't have a great selection, they only carry legit stuff. They won;t sell you something they think is garbage. And they don't carry multiples of the same thing. No need to carry every 75mm Pivotal post
But in my experience they will order pretty much anything in, and get it within a day or two.
Plus Turbo builds great wheels, and John hooks my bike up everytime I bring it in all jacked up.
I have oredered from Empire a time or two, just cause I wanted some of their decals.
And when Dans has a monster sale with 20+% off and free shipping it's tough to beat
But Albe's is always the first place I check

Damn. Wish I lived close to a shop like that.

|

2/14/2011 3:05 PM

Dans- Eh, fuck em, iv never orderd from them nor do i ever plan on it.

albes- Great customer service fast dilevery, just a great bunch of guys.

empire- The best damn wheel builds ever......DT SWISS SPOKES!!!!!

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

2/14/2011 3:25 PM

I just order from wherever has the best deal. my lbs is overpriced and lame the only things I would get there are really small parts.

|

2/14/2011 4:40 PM

i like danscomp because they have a big selection and alot of cupons. saves me alot of money.

|

2/14/2011 6:11 PM

i normally check them all but end up ordering from dans because its easier to order all of them from one. but i am planning on tryin to get some shit from the others too. i have money to browse haha smile

|

In Order To Succed, Your Desire For Success Should Be Greater Then Your Fear Of Failure.
Refs: Tibug, Aw1234512, Jb07

2/14/2011 7:59 PM

ha. thanks for the kind words.

as for the few of you that were saying something about selection you can always check with us. We do have some stuff in stock that we don't lest on the site and most other stuff is available to us quickly. We are pretty good about matching prices / discount codes. Just ask!

--flip

|

2/14/2011 8:08 PM

Dan's has the most shit, terrible customer service, far away, robotic like emails and shit, stole my mom's, mine, and a few of my friend's credit card info

Empire has good customer service, alot of shit, close, actual people, cool stickers

Albes doesn't have alot of stuff, real people, riders, gave me a frame, chill people, fucking penguins ftw!, and they don't take forever to ship, chat thing, cool looking website, good team, have good stuff

so albes and empire ftw!

Albes > Empire > Danscomp

|

vital's redneck

2/14/2011 8:09 PM

I love how no one is talking about staff

|

vital's redneck

2/14/2011 8:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2011 8:13 PM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

ha. thanks for the kind words.

as for the few of you that were saying something about selection you can always check with us. We do have some stuff in stock that we don't lest on the site and most other stuff is available to us quickly. We are pretty good about matching prices / discount codes. Just ask!

--flip

I was gonna shoot you an email anyway, but by any chance do you know if you have the Shadow Raptor front hub guard and 2.15" folding Rubens, ligera or normal? And any sealed Odyssey Trailmix pedals?

Edit: In black? Haha, kinda forgot. And thanks!

|

2/14/2011 8:16 PM

dans gives me razors...

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

2/14/2011 8:21 PM

carjakester wrote:

dans gives me razors...

let's hope you don't get too emo...

|