The winter indoor ride

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2014 11:49 AM

Soooooooooooooo the weather sucks and most people cant ride. This left me thinking, what can i do bmx related to keep me entertained? I dont mean play skate or watch edits, I wanted something i can physically do with my bike whenever im bored. So i thought I'd learn a trick. For most people, there isnt much room to ride indoors at home, and i am no exception. I dont even have a garage, but i have a small amount of room in my lounge (check out my bike check, the pictures are taken in said space). Annnnnnnnnnnyway, I decided I wanna learn crankflips. Always thought this was a mega steezy trick ever since I saw a game of bike between simone and bruno maybe? Either way theres a half cab crankflip that looks peng. Whenever I've tried them I've never even been able to start to move the cranks, so I thought 'fuck it' and labelled it as my 'trick to learn in the winter'. So far i can do a rolling one which im amazed at and super stoked despite the fact that its not that hard! So what is everyone else trying to learn over winter that is doable in limited space? And if youre not, then why not try learn something new?!

Dont give me that 'my mum wont let me ride in the house' crap. I live with my gf who is mega crazy about everything being clean, shed probably be quite irritated if she knew i was learning crankflips in our lounge!

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/10/2014 1:53 PM

Do a full service of your bike, grease all the bearings, tighten everything, true wheels, clean your bike.

Watch edits (long ones are good)

I know how you feel because we have basically the same weather.

|

12/10/2014 4:09 PM

I figured id learn to flyout 3whip or something in my living room.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/10/2014 4:17 PM

My girl won't let me ride in the house, ya know..she's always going on complaining about some crap. I'd move in with mums but she gets quite irritated with bikes in the house cause she a neat freak and crazy about keeping everything clean...Not to mention, she has a strong passion and like totally mega hates crankflips too. Ugh, women!!!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/10/2014 4:40 PM

Our trails got flattened over the fall... we went back there a few days ago to check the damage and found that someone started building again. They're pretty big now. Like 10-15 foot gaps for the smallest ones and they're actually wide now. Pretty stoked, I've spent the past 3 days doing nothing but building them up. Should keep me busy for the winter. Hopefully the goddamn kids don't tear them down again. Building trails is just as good as riding for me.

|

12/10/2014 5:17 PM

Yeah it sucks right now, ended up with bronchitis so I cant ride sad
I want to learn crank flip and pedal grinds.

|

My FBM bike check

12/10/2014 5:54 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Our trails got flattened over the fall... we went back there a few days ago to check the damage and found that someone started ...more

Dude, post some pics, or send em to me!

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/10/2014 6:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2014 6:20 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

We're gonna try to have the first few rideable in a week or so. I'll post some pics then. They're not very impressive yet haha. Starting all over again is kinda shit but it's a fresh canvas. Most of it right now is just cleaning up everything from the last setups and clearing the ground after fall. Shit's boring but it'll be worth it.

|

12/10/2014 6:50 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Our trails got flattened over the fall... we went back there a few days ago to check the damage and found that someone started ...more

MidWestBMX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

We're gonna try to have the first few rideable in a week or so. I'll post some pics then. They're not very impressive yet ...more

But why build in the same place where they have already been torn down?

|

BIKE CHECK

12/10/2014 7:10 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

But why build in the same place where they have already been torn down?

We have no where else around here. Everything is corn.

|

12/10/2014 7:46 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

This is how it was when we first got back there. Forgot I took this pic haha. We did quite a bit of work since then. They're a foot or two taller now, but not really shaped yet.

Photo

|

12/10/2014 8:03 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

MidWestBMX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

This is how it was when we first got back there. Forgot I took this pic haha. We did quite a bit of work since then. They're a ...more

looking forward to seeing the finished thing!

|

BIKE CHECK

12/10/2014 8:14 PM

I do hang five practice when no one is around in my living room. Helps sooo much. Sometimes even in my room but I try not to because it isn't as helpful.

I actually and starting to understand hang fives better and i think if i don't give up on em i'll be good.

Riding inside is awesome. Sometimes if college is on break or something ill sneak into the Rec Center and enjoy riding there before i get caught haha. It makes for a really fun time too because they never lock all the doors and i just have these big courts to practice on.

Good things to do are go to The Wheelmill, which I am forreal in love with. That place is the best and hopefully I will be going up a lot this year. I learn new stuff there all the time.

I am also getting a Subrosa Street rail really soon so I will be dialing in grinds I couldn't really practice much. Like crank arm grinds, crooks, 180 to crooks, longer tooth picks, etc. I'm gonna go wild on it. haha I never have good flat rails so i am very excited.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/11/2014 12:08 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I do hang five practice when no one is around in my living room. Helps sooo much. Sometimes even in my room but I try not to ...more

Ahh, im pickin mine up tonight, cant wait. Doubt ill be able to go on it since is snowed an theres a storm sooooo yeah. Maybe the weekend haha. I suck on rails too as there arent any round ne, so i HAD to get a rail. Gunna be all i ride for like 4 months haha

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)