The worst pro BMX rider

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2020 10:44 AM

Let's get controversial!

I'll start...
Brandon Begin.

Kids at the skatepark who have been riding longer than 2 years can do everything he can. Maybe he is extra impressive since he does everything ultra high? I don't see the appeal, and honestly, he ruins Cult team videos. It is like, sick Dak clip! Then some lame slow feeble/smith/180 combo Begin clip. Kills the video.

Go ahead, throw shade on me. Or, call out who you think isn't good enough to get a check.

|

10/12/2020 11:03 AM

Trey Jones.

Wants $5000.00 to try a tail whip in a game of bike. My little sister will try one for a hi-5.

|

10/12/2020 11:06 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Let's get controversial!

I'll start...
Brandon Begin.

Kids at the skatepark who have been riding longer than 2 years can do everything he can. Maybe he is extra impressive since he does everything ultra high? I don't see the appeal, and honestly, he ruins Cult team videos. It is like, sick Dak clip! Then some lame slow feeble/smith/180 combo Begin clip. Kills the video.

Go ahead, throw shade on me. Or, call out who you think isn't good enough to get a check.

I get that Begin's style may not be for everyone (you could say that about any pro rider), but you can't argue that the dude's hustle and ability to stay in the limelight is incredibly admirable.

I'm definitely a Begin fan, but even if I wasn't, a strong work ethic in a world of slackers stands out.

Whoever the "worst pro rider is" likely isn't recognized by a legit core brand (like Cult). It's probably someone who talked their way into something with a brand who is clueless.

|

10/12/2020 11:10 AM

I mean there are tons of riders like that

Begin is talented but his style is the worst in bmx..I think if you forced him to make an xgames style real bmx video tho he would just massively exposed

Anthony panza, I watch his videos but its always the same tricks...once in awhile he'll do something that I'm say wow but its very few and far between

Strangerco company with the exceptions of connor Keating, andy Garcia and eric...its a bunch of begins sons that don't really do much

Austin augie...not sure how good he even is, everytime I see him hes struggling to land tricks

I'm not against talking shit, im not nearly as good as any of them but we always judge ppl in every sport from the sidelines..no difference here

|

10/12/2020 11:14 AM

younggotti wrote:

I mean there are tons of riders like that

Begin is talented but his style is the worst in bmx..I think if you forced him to make an xgames style real bmx video tho he would just massively exposed

Anthony panza, I watch his videos but its always the same tricks...once in awhile he'll do something that I'm say wow but its very few and far between

Strangerco company with the exceptions of connor Keating, andy Garcia and eric...its a bunch of begins sons that don't really do much

Austin augie...not sure how good he even is, everytime I see him hes struggling to land tricks

I'm not against talking shit, im not nearly as good as any of them but we always judge ppl in every sport from the sidelines..no difference here

I get why people (myself included, ironically) can get offended by conversations like this, but I don't think these are inappropriate conversations to have.

BMX is very diverse. We all like and do different things. Also also dislike and don't do different things. If we all liked the exact same things, this would be super boring.

I don't like Korean pop music or Game of Thrones. It doesn't mean they're bad. It doesn't mean people who are involved in those things or enjoy those things are bad.

|

10/12/2020 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 11:18 AM

as long as these pros are riding and having fun then who cares? sure some riders may deserve a pro level sponsorship and dont have one but BMX, in my eyes at least, isn't about being sponsored, it's about having a good time. although i will admit...some of the stranger team riders who just do peg chinks and whatnot do confuse me (even though some of those peg bonk style tricks are actually super cool at times) as to why they are at least flowed parts, as i know riders myself who are better than them in terms of bigger and scarier tricks, but at the end of day it doesn't really matter.

|

10/12/2020 11:25 AM

No idea how Trey Jones has sponsors. He doesn't do any tricks.

|

10/12/2020 11:29 AM

Michael Cranston wrote:

as long as these pros are riding and having fun then who cares? sure some riders may deserve a pro level sponsorship and dont have one but BMX, in my eyes at least, isn't about being sponsored, it's about having a good time. although i will admit...some of the stranger team riders who just do peg chinks and whatnot do confuse me (even though some of those peg bonk style tricks are actually super cool at times) as to why they are at least flowed parts, as i know riders myself who are better than them in terms of bigger and scarier tricks, but at the end of day it doesn't really matter.

Sure...but then it leads to how they got sponsored? Is it because of their skills or is there another reason, like ppl became friends or rode together so they hook someone up with a sponsorship?

For example...stranger riders all seem to be west coast, im sure there's a east coast rider but they all seem to be relatively close in proximity. So do they know rich or become friends with him and he just put them on?

Where cinemas team...looks loke whoever built the team hand picked a group of all stars...sure all the riders might be friends but the team feels more built off of skill

And of course in recent years, who is getting sponsorships strictly based on social media presence and in those cases, are the riders actively looking to be sponsored or are they posting for the love or riding...if you are riding for fun, you dont need to film everything you do, imo anyway

|

10/12/2020 11:31 AM

dead goon wrote:

Probably just riding the coattails of his brother. like a package deal.

|

10/12/2020 11:36 AM

dead goon wrote:

Trey is interesting..he actively looked for sponsors back in the day and used to do tricks...but now his sponsors are ppl that he personally knows...also at this point he throws one of the top 4 or 5 bmx event yearly so I'm sure sponsors want a piece

Now he seems to just ride how he likes...I personally love the bike control tricks he does and don't need him to be throwing bar spins like everyone else...it leads me to not love his video parts as much but still enjoy watching him ride

|

10/12/2020 11:37 AM

jmz313 wrote:

Probably just riding the coattails of his brother. like a package deal.

At least his brother rides pegs.

|

10/12/2020 11:47 AM

tommy dugan ?
theres probably even more.

but lets be honest bmx is beutiful just because of that. reynolds is the best like enarson is the best like.... you got the idea
everyone has his own style and gives something to this sport, everybody is enjoying this sport and riding for fun
bmx is giving you so much and we live a short life, lets just ride and enjoy thats it, no gender, race, color nothing if you have 2 wheels and you can crank ill love you no matter what

begin riding style makes me sad, i remmber he had a nice self film edit from maryland doing some good stuff and had a lot of style. he is talented but its defently noticable he could be more serious in riding and maybe the drugs trashed him a lil bit. dont forget he half cabed twice el toro, he was so close the first go and he deserves much for that.
i would defently cut his hair, give him some free 2 pieace bars, a beanie, yank at him to do more barspins but at least his riding 4 pegs in a decent way, he is very talented tough

you have to understand also that bmx is alot about that, riders are sponsored not only because of talent like courage adams, but also because he knows the team manager of that brand and etc.. that was like that with aaron ross
and still there will be so many underrated guys that will shred so hard and youll never even hear about them

|

10/12/2020 12:02 PM

Shaked wrote:

tommy dugan ?

but lets be honest bmx is beutiful just because of that. reynolds is the best like enarson is the best like.... you got the idea
everyone has his own style and gives something to this sport, everybody is enjoying this sport and riding for fun
bmx is giving you so much and we live a short life, lets just ride and enjoy thats it, no gender, race, color nothing if you have 2 wheels and you can crank ill love you no matter what

begin riding style makes me sad, i remmber he had a nice self film edit from maryland doing some good stuff and had a lot of style. he is talented but its defently noticable he could be more serious in riding and maybe the drugs trashed him a lil bit. dont forget he half cabed twice el toro, he was so close the first go and he deserves much for that.
i would defently cut his hair, give him some free 2 pieace bars, a beanie, yank at him to do more barspins but at least his riding 4 pegs in a decent way, he is very talented tough

you have to understand also that bmx is alot about that, riders are sponsored not only because of talent like courage adams, but also because he knows the team manager of that brand and etc.. that was like that with aaron ross
and still there will be so many underrated guys that will shred so hard and youll never even hear about them

Great comment. I agree.

At the end of the day, it is freestyle. Some people I'm sure get hyped watching Begin and more power to them.

That is what makes freestyle cool. Some people get stoked sending themselves down huge sets, others get technical on ledges, other ride trails or pools or whatever. Whatever gets people hyped is cool.

|

10/12/2020 12:07 PM

i hate certain pros more for their personality vs how they ride.

|

It’s all bmx

10/12/2020 12:15 PM

dead goon wrote:

At least his brother rides pegs.

Can't be pressured to grind a handrail if you don't got pegs. Trey always playing chess.

|

10/12/2020 12:29 PM

Shaked wrote:

tommy dugan ?

Thank you. He’s good at his niche, but honestly jay dalton can do everything he does and waaaay more but still isn’t sponsored. I feel like jay would make his
Sponsors more money than Dugan does. I’m personally a Dugan fan but I feel he’s easily eclipsed by a lot of lesser known riders.

|

10/12/2020 12:30 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

i hate certain pros more for their personality vs how they ride.

This. Some just seem like yucky people that are so full of themselves that you don’t even care that they’re talented anymore.

|

10/12/2020 12:54 PM

There is a lot of riders that i wonder why there sponsored.

Then you have to look at the sponsor, sometimes they hook up all the locals. Some companies are owned by one guy and he hooks up all his friends.

The corporate sponsors are the ones that hook up the good people.
Its all in how they want there company repped. Some want it to make there business grow and some want it to help out there friends do stuff they love.

Everyone brings something to the table to help there sponsor or they wouldn't be sponsored.

|

Husky Nation Member

10/12/2020 1:14 PM

dead goon wrote:

Lol, watch his video parts, dude has balls and style

|

10/12/2020 1:51 PM

dead goon wrote:

Francky wrote:

Lol, watch his video parts, dude has balls and style

Just wallrides to 180 with his fat exposed belly flapping around.

|

10/12/2020 2:41 PM

jmz313 wrote:

Trey Jones.

Wants $5000.00 to try a tail whip in a game of bike. My little sister will try one for a hi-5.

Gotta disagree. One of the most creative riders out there. Who cares if he can tailwhip or barspin? Those are tricks everyone dies. He does things nobody does and has sick bike control.

|

10/12/2020 2:43 PM

dead goon wrote:

We must not be watching the same videos

|

10/12/2020 4:14 PM

I can only name 1 rider that I CLEARLY don't see as pro.. YUMI.. I really don't understand why he's on a team? He literally does baby tricks all the time in his edits, once in a while there's something sketchy, but nothing crazy where it stands out as PRO, or even AM lol.

Idk why all this talk about Trey not being pro material? This man has PRO CONTROL, I've watched lots of videos and there were many times where he just sent tricks outside of his main skills. Yea he's stubborn about tailwhips, but like why is that a big deal?

Brandon Begin I think is somewhere between AM and Pro..

|

@mattwhobmx
spunser me

10/12/2020 4:25 PM

SlavBMX wrote:

I can only name 1 rider that I CLEARLY don't see as pro.. YUMI.. I really don't understand why he's on a team? He literally does baby tricks all the time in his edits, once in a while there's something sketchy, but nothing crazy where it stands out as PRO, or even AM lol.

Idk why all this talk about Trey not being pro material? This man has PRO CONTROL, I've watched lots of videos and there were many times where he just sent tricks outside of his main skills. Yea he's stubborn about tailwhips, but like why is that a big deal?

whos that ?

|

10/12/2020 4:53 PM

spasnored
|

@mattwhobmx
spunser me

10/12/2020 5:51 PM

Scotty Cranmer man dude can barely bunny hop and he’s sponsored wtf

|

10/12/2020 6:14 PM

SlavBMX wrote:

Yumi does weird crazy stuff no one would ever think of doing. Wallop 180 down about 10 stairs?! Not to mention the more weird tech stuff he does

|

10/12/2020 7:21 PM

cky199 wrote:

Have you seen his old videos?

|

It’s all bmx

10/12/2020 8:02 PM

cky199 wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

Have you seen his old videos?

he made a silly joke pretty sure

|

I like riding my bike.

10/12/2020 8:06 PM

yumingrow for sure. I can count his trick list on one hand (and he has little style, if you want to see some style look at mike aitken) and his pants are so big might have their own ecosystem living in them.

|

I like riding my bike.