Things the new generation need to watch/know

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2014 2:29 PM

So i am not a noob to bmx, but being only 14 there is a LOT of history to the sport that i just don't know. Today i watched this movie

"The story of FBM" it was a great watch! I really enjoyed it! I also felt the same way when i watched the birth of big air video with matt hoffman. What are some other things like this you og riders think the younger riders should watch or just need to know about bmx history?
|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/27/2014 2:34 PM

You should watch...

Every road fools episode & Everything animal has ever put out.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/27/2014 3:03 PM

try to find and watch "joe kid on a stingray" its a pretty good documentary on the history of bmx. it is good from the standpoint that it covers all the way back to the beginning of bmx but can be a little vague on details, still a entertaining watch though.

|

5/27/2014 3:06 PM

The birth of big air forsure

|

5/27/2014 3:35 PM

The best thing to know that A LOT of the younger generation seem to have totally forgotten the existence of...

R E S P E C T

Treat older more experienced Riders with respect & You'll usually get it back & older Riders will be more inclined to share their knowledge! You don't have to be a kiss ass & if any Rider expects You to worship the ground they walk on, then they're disrespecting You & You don't have to put up with that!

BMX used to be a really tight community & most older Riders actually remember that & do what We can to keep good kids Riding!

|

5/27/2014 4:41 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

You should watch...

Every road fools episode & Everything animal has ever put out.

I LOOOVE animal videos! I would watch all the roadfools episodes if i could find them without having to buy them. I've watched a few including the first, on youtube.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/27/2014 4:48 PM

Feel like Deadline should be a must have for every rider right now

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/27/2014 4:50 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I honestly didn't even finish it. I watched like 15 minutes in before i got bored of handrail after handrail. I decided to go ride my bike instead.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/27/2014 4:54 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I honestly didn't even finish it. I watched like 15 minutes in before i got bored of handrail after handrail. I decided to go ride my bike instead.

For real? I ordered it , never watched it.

Huge Garrett/Fiend/Trip/Deadline fan so if it's good it'll probaly seal the deal for a place on my body as a tattoo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/27/2014 4:59 PM

Van Homan's Little Devil- Criminal Mischief part.

|

5/27/2014 5:02 PM

I loved the FBM Documentary.. Although anything over 5 minutes, i usually get bored of and wanna just ride

|

5/27/2014 5:18 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Van Homan's Little Devil- Criminal Mischief part.

I watched this a long time ago. I should probably watch it again.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/27/2014 5:25 PM

The whole criminal mischief video kicks ass

|

5/27/2014 5:42 PM

All the Van Homan videos and props, I used to have all the props on tap but the VCR broke and i got rid of them sad
Also not old ones but "Sun in the budget" And Sun "The trip" (I think thats what the last one is called) are really good to watch

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/27/2014 5:42 PM

Oh and anthem and anthem 2

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/27/2014 5:54 PM

Check out props, criminal mischief, can i eat, deadbang, basically the 90's to around 05.

|

5/27/2014 6:12 PM

Watch anthem 2, then repeat to yourself: "never ever ever listen to a word that adam22 says. ever."

That will unlock all you need to know about bmx.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

5/27/2014 6:40 PM

Fbm Albert street and all time low

|

5/27/2014 7:09 PM

Skavenger 2003 Vimeo

|

5/27/2014 7:18 PM

Pretty sure I'm in that FBM video. I know for sure I filmed some of the clips in it...

|

5/27/2014 7:29 PM

pnj wrote:

Pretty sure I'm in that FBM video. I know for sure I filmed some of the clips in it...

All hail the glorious pnj

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/27/2014 7:44 PM

Not glorious, just old.

I'm re-watching it now. I filmed the bike riding clips of Toast as well as the kid that does the abubuca to face plant on the shopping cart.

|

5/27/2014 10:18 PM

Nike 6.0 Writing on the Wall is my personal fav, its beginning to become kinda old, not really. Great team, amazing clips. Well worth the watch.

I didn't really like Deadline TBH. I feel like its something wortnh watching due to how much they put into it but id still rather watch Writing on the Wall for the 200th time than rewatch Deadline. The Deadline crew put out some amazing clips, BUT how many times do I need to see handrail clips before they do something that doesn't involve pegs! If they would have replaced 2/3 of the rail clips with more technical lines, bank/hip tricks, and maybe some sweet gap tricks (NON STAIRS!), the edit would have been so much better. Rail after rail after rail after rail after ledge after rail really drowns out the greatness of the whole video.

Anyway, I really like Fly/T1 videos. I never really sit down to watch full length videos, so Road Fools and all those long videos are a rare thing for me to watch. Watched the FBM video and loved it though. I like the documentaries more than the riding videos honestly.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/27/2014 10:20 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

Oh and anthem and anthem 2

was gonna say this

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/27/2014 10:21 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

Watch anthem 2, then repeat to yourself: "never ever ever listen to a word that adam22 says. ever."

That will unlock all you need to know about bmx.

and this

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/27/2014 11:14 PM

Not that old, but IMO T1 videos (such as their Australia trip or Colorado trip) and Anthem II are a must-watch for every rider.

|

5/28/2014 9:24 AM

Watch "Seek and Destroy" by Little Devil Brand (one of the best bmx video soundtracks).

|

5/28/2014 9:31 AM

you will learn something from just about any video pre 2008.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/28/2014 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2014 9:34 AM

shook it's on, lotek mixtape, lotek vancouver, anything ian schwartz. I'll add more as I think of them if they aren't already posted

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/29/2014 2:49 AM

I never really watched much history type shit, or edits for that matter. I was considering checking out some of that stuff.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "