Things you think you'll never change about your bike setup

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2013 6:48 PM

color, spec, brand-wise, or whatever else.

Me personally, I don't think I'll ever another frame besides Sunday. Tried once, and twisted the rear end of a KHE frame slightly. Won't ever not run a male axle in the back, hate that press on hardware shit and female axles in the back to begin with.

Also don't think I'll ever change my white hubs/stem. I've had those 3 parts white since real early 2009 and I just love it haha.

Spec wise, I can adapt. I'd prefer to keep the frame geometry the same but I know I'll adapt.

What about you guys?

|

11/9/2013 6:55 PM

My bike will ALWAYS have a frame!

Seriously though, i have no idea. I haven't ridden enough setups to really know what i like on my bike yet.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/9/2013 6:56 PM

hubs i like gsport no coaster ever they are gay i like the people that rip with them though.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

11/9/2013 6:58 PM

I'll always have pegs and thin grips. The thin grips thing is kinda stupid, but it's preference. I hate the feel of thick grips lol
I'd also say that I'll always run a frontload but I have a Cult Salvation now, but I'd honestly rather have a frontload but Odyssey doesn't make any bars in the rise I want

|

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')

11/9/2013 7:00 PM

uhh im liking the animal edwin grips alot and pc pedals. i like to try new shit, doubt i'll get a fat seat or any tires other than all black tires.

|

11/9/2013 7:20 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

My bike will ALWAYS have a frame!

Seriously though, i have no idea. I haven't ridden enough setups to really know what i like on my bike yet.

Your sack and thigh apparently, haha!

Seriously though, I love strong parts that I feel I can trust. Probably never ride a frame or parts that aren't heat treated. The G7 I was riding is, the Soundwave is. As far as colors, I like OG stickers when a frame comes with theme but once the stickers are gone or torn up too badly, the frame is subject to any color I feel like spraying it with. The 48h wheels are a must on every build as long as I can find them. Or maybe mags.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/9/2013 7:25 PM

Four piece bars.

|

11/9/2013 7:29 PM

i can never see me changing my stem shadow ravager FL

|

11/9/2013 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2013 8:10 PM

as far as bmx, I'm staying brakless for a really long time.
48h wheels at least in the back.
super inflated tubes
never fat tires, not into em at all.
I always patch tubes when i can.
front loads over tops any day.
cassettes. I've ridden a coaster, its alright, but I like the classic feel of pedaling back more.
I like a mutt bike. I don't know how some people can build a custom with 4 or less brands. I prefer having a little bit of everything.
I always slam my axles or find ways to prevent wheel shift. I hate that little space between axle and dropout. Probably from all those times getting pissed off. Peace of mind dammit! (and like sundaybmx i prefer male axles)
Randy brown, Hawk and Ross grips are all I buy nowadays, guess I'm stuck on those till they're gone for good.
I'm a fag and hate my shit without valve caps. lol seriously, it's a fucking peeve of mine.

Not strict on geo as long as it's close to what I like. Same with colors, but I always rock some black shit for sure.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/9/2013 7:58 PM

I totally agree on the valve caps. The big thing when I was a kid were dice caps, and we would put them on with pliers so people couldn't steal them as easily, haha. Now I prefer the little plastic stock ones.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/9/2013 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2013 8:04 PM

Yup. Used to love cruising around taking sweet looking caps off random cars. Best ones I ever came up on where some black alloy cobra heads. Those where a bitch to get off too. Been years though.. plastic stock ones do look cleaner anyway.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/9/2013 8:08 PM

I'll never ride tubes with valve caps on , fatter tire in the front and smaller in the back , frontload stems look more normal than toploads , I have to crank the shit out of my front wheel because I'm OCD of it falling off , low PSI

I can't really afford parts so whatever rolls , works for me

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/9/2013 8:13 PM

I'm completely bipolar with my setups and what I want. One day I want a tech street setup and the next I want a BF frame trail setup.

Worst part is coaster vs. cassette. I abso-fucking-lutely love fakie tricks on a coaster, but can't stand not having instant engagement.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/9/2013 8:25 PM

JCPCs

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/9/2013 8:28 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm completely bipolar with my setups and what I want. One day I want a tech street setup and the next I want a BF frame trail setup.

Worst part is coaster vs. cassette. I abso-fucking-lutely love fakie tricks on a coaster, but can't stand not having instant engagement.

Not having instant engagement would take a bit of getting used to, but not having to back pedal would be pretty sweet too. I almost bought a chrome Broadcaster the other day, but not being 41thermal was a deal breaker for me. I would like to try a shorter cs, but for now, 13.50 (slammed) but 13.70 the way my wheel is in the dropouts will have to do.

|

11/9/2013 9:09 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Not having instant engagement would take a bit of getting used to, but not having to back pedal would be pretty sweet too. I almost bought a chrome Broadcaster the other day, but not being 41thermal was a deal breaker for me. I would like to try a shorter cs, but for now, 13.50 (slammed) but 13.70 the way my wheel is in the dropouts will have to do.

The Soundwave is pretty much my ideal frame... just wish it had a 13.3" rear end so I could slam it with 28/9. Starting to formulate an all-around build more geared towards street. Thinking the Soundwave, Animal Big Four bars, Cult freecoaster, 4 Odyssey Joystick pegs, Daily Grind guards all around, Socket Drive Thunderbolts with 25T Tree Lite.... that and I might turn my current bike into a trail bike by putting on my brake, cassette, and taking off the pegs.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

11/9/2013 9:31 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The Soundwave is pretty much my ideal frame... just wish it had a 13.3" rear end so I could slam it with 28/9. Starting to formulate an all-around build more geared towards street. Thinking the Soundwave, Animal Big Four bars, Cult freecoaster, 4 Odyssey Joystick pegs, Daily Grind guards all around, Socket Drive Thunderbolts with 25T Tree Lite.... that and I might turn my current bike into a trail bike by putting on my brake, cassette, and taking off the pegs.

If I didn't like the 4130 sprocket as much as I do, I'd go for a tree lite. I'm still not sold on the socket drive though. I guess I'd have to see it mated together. I've just seen so many actual sockets slip on bolts and nuts, that's probably the biggest reason I'm skeptical, haha. I love the Soundwaves Geo. it feels great. I actually switched back to my Hoders yesterday, and rode it a good bit today. Idk if its the hollow dropouts, the larger diameter tubing, or a combination of the two, but my driver resonates through this frame quite a bi more than it did the G7. It's kinda like the difference between having a tire on a freshly tightened wheel and spinning it before you put the tire on to check it. Just an observation, haha.

|

11/9/2013 9:57 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

If I didn't like the 4130 sprocket as much as I do, I'd go for a tree lite. I'm still not sold on the socket drive though. I guess I'd have to see it mated together. I've just seen so many actual sockets slip on bolts and nuts, that's probably the biggest reason I'm skeptical, haha. I love the Soundwaves Geo. it feels great. I actually switched back to my Hoders yesterday, and rode it a good bit today. Idk if its the hollow dropouts, the larger diameter tubing, or a combination of the two, but my driver resonates through this frame quite a bi more than it did the G7. It's kinda like the difference between having a tire on a freshly tightened wheel and spinning it before you put the tire on to check it. Just an observation, haha.

Haha, awesome. I'm trying to setup my bike to have everything feel the best and run the smoothest. My friend has Socket Drive Thunderbolts with a Killington, and it is just INSANELY smooth. I don't really think it'll ever have problems wearing down either. Just wish there was a 27T socket drive guard sprocket! I designed one last week but I don't have access to any machines or machinists.

I figure even if I didn't like the geo of the Soundwave, it'd still be worth the pretty much indestructible frame and ease of use that comes with post weld machining and chain tensioners.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

11/9/2013 10:02 PM

I want to change all if I have money. I have a crappy bike but i take a good care of it even if it's a sh*tty bike.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

11/9/2013 10:30 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Haha, awesome. I'm trying to setup my bike to have everything feel the best and run the smoothest. My friend has Socket Drive Thunderbolts with a Killington, and it is just INSANELY smooth. I don't really think it'll ever have problems wearing down either. Just wish there was a 27T socket drive guard sprocket! I designed one last week but I don't have access to any machines or machinists.

I figure even if I didn't like the geo of the Soundwave, it'd still be worth the pretty much indestructible frame and ease of use that comes with post weld machining and chain tensioners.

Yeah, building my own parts would be great. A shop I worked at before would let you do stuff like that, as long as you did it on lunch or after hours, and no actual work needed to be done. Could do your own heat treating and shot peening as well. Anodizing was ok as long as they had the color you wanted. The only issue would be having the exact measurements for the hex breech where the spindle goes so it wasn't loose, haha.

|

11/10/2013 12:07 AM

I don't think I'll ever not ride a Back Brake. While I ride a Front Brake and 4 Pegs and as well and absolutely love it, I can see my self one day (This is well away in the future, 10 years probably) just running a Back Brake with no Pegs. I don't do that many Back Brake tricks but I just personally don't feel right without it, I can ride peoples bikes with no Front Brake or Pegs fine but I just don't like Brakeless. I also won't ever run a Pivotal Seat, I just don't like them. I don't want to ever run Fat Tyres (No more than 2.25" in the front, No more than 1.95" in the back). I won't ever run short Cranks because I have really long legs. I won't ever run a low seat.

|

11/10/2013 12:20 AM

these are things i will never change i think

plastic pedals
pegless
two piece bars
fat tires
28t sprocket
brakeless
flangeless grips

|

11/10/2013 12:25 AM

Ummm i will always ride dirt tires

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

11/10/2013 2:58 AM

Animal big fours on both my bikes, they ain't goin nowhere I love em.
Also my Animal stem & Mtt tires on my street bike, not changing them ever.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/10/2013 5:43 AM

Tires at 40-50 PSI.
Plastic pedals
Full link chain
Challenger Stem. I actually switched to a tomahawk for a little while but I had to go back to the challenger, best stem ever.

|

11/10/2013 5:46 AM

never have a low stand over, i always hit my ankles.
never have a slim seat or slammed, fat with a bit of the old seat post showing.
Only ever pegless in the winter when I just never have chance to ride except to and from places, no point towing the extra weight around.
Never even bother to look how much a bike part weighs, I really couldnt give a fuck. I dont even know what my frame weighs

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/10/2013 6:06 AM

Chrome Sprocket (polished)
Chrome Stem (polished)

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

11/10/2013 6:58 AM

Fly ruben pedals, cheapest seat post, big tires, street frame, and cheap pegs.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

11/10/2013 7:45 AM

Rear brake. Just cool thing. About 80-100 psi front, 80-90 back. 2 pc bars and flanged grips.

|

11/10/2013 7:57 AM

Definitely going to keep my four piece bars and keep all my main parts american made like i have now and keep a full link chain, metal pedalsand brakes,

everything else I'll change if i have too, I'd change my wheels for sure because they're stock and bent to shit

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin