Thinking about getting a gyro

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2019 2:12 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Also just throwing this out there, Brant Moore has a few pretty rad hacks and cool tricks on his gyro setup. I never really took the time to look into it, but I actually came across a few pieces of hardware that he has in his setup so I may end up giving his arrangement a shot.

adamnmexican wrote:

I tried watching his videos but he just talks way too damn much

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

If I can get past his hair, I can handle anything.

Lmao

|

2/12/2019 2:59 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Also just throwing this out there, Brant Moore has a few pretty rad hacks and cool tricks on his gyro setup. I never really took the time to look into it, but I actually came across a few pieces of hardware that he has in his setup so I may end up giving his arrangement a shot.

adamnmexican wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

And the way he wears his hat so it shows off his girl hair.

|

2/12/2019 5:32 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I knew I recognized Brant Moore from somewhere. A Scotty Cranmer Vid when they went to rays mtb, Brant presented a portrait of scotty's face, hand drawn. Was pretty cool.

Brant is an excellent rider, I just dont approve of how he suggests to dry skateparks after wet weather...lol

|

2/13/2019 3:46 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Or the way he dresses like he listens to a lot of blink 182 and its 2005

|

2/13/2019 5:14 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Ok that's hilarious. But for the record, he is a solid rider and I have heard he is a really rad dude.

Some of you youngins might not know that skinny jeans are just an evolution of stealing your sister's pants, shirts went from too small all the way around to ridiculously long but in many cases too tight, pants are still worn around your thighs with your butt hanging out (I have seen dudes who have swass SHOWING OUT THE TOP OF THEIR PANTS), and the stocking/winter hat when you live in a tropical climate doesn't make sense...especially when it is worn on the back of the head like a yarmulke. "It's so hot out here...I'm sweating so bad" "TAKE OFF THE HAT, and drink WATER instead of energy drinks."

But it is what it is. I can't talk when it comes to clothing choices, I am a tshirt and jeans guy, but I get my stuff on clearance from local stores. 20 for a basic t-shirt just because it has a screenprinted logo is too much, and 60-80 for shoes is too-especially when they fall apart in a short amount of time.

My pants were 12 bucks, shirt was 4, shoes were 28 (osiris) and the rest was gifts. My watch is the most expensive thing I have on, and I got it through my health insurance benefits and gift cards I won at work, so it was free to me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/13/2019 5:45 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Ok that's hilarious. But for the record, he is a solid rider and I have heard he is a really rad dude.

Some of you youngins might not know that skinny jeans are just an evolution of stealing your sister's pants, shirts went from too small all the way around to ridiculously long but in many cases too tight, pants are still worn around your thighs with your butt hanging out (I have seen dudes who have swass SHOWING OUT THE TOP OF THEIR PANTS), and the stocking/winter hat when you live in a tropical climate doesn't make sense...especially when it is worn on the back of the head like a yarmulke. "It's so hot out here...I'm sweating so bad" "TAKE OFF THE HAT, and drink WATER instead of energy drinks."

But it is what it is. I can't talk when it comes to clothing choices, I am a tshirt and jeans guy, but I get my stuff on clearance from local stores. 20 for a basic t-shirt just because it has a screenprinted logo is too much, and 60-80 for shoes is too-especially when they fall apart in a short amount of time.

My pants were 12 bucks, shirt was 4, shoes were 28 (osiris) and the rest was gifts. My watch is the most expensive thing I have on, and I got it through my health insurance benefits and gift cards I won at work, so it was free to me.

How small do you have to be to fit into your sisters Jean though...

|

Hmmm

2/13/2019 5:46 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Oh he's definitely good ..he's from the lip lord video? I know he has a ton of lip tricks on lock..I watch a ton of his videos he just dresses like the bmx equivalent of a bam margera wannabe lol no hate intended though I have a buddy that still rocks the checker studded belt and I clown on him for it too

|

2/13/2019 5:46 AM

He has a vital account too, it's called bmxismylife with a few numbers at the end, he comes on here occasionally to share his videos and stuff

|

Hmmm

2/13/2019 6:08 AM

He seems like a nice enough guy. That hat though...

|

2/13/2019 6:52 AM

Whoa, I'm not bashing Brant, I think he's great. I'm just ragging on his style. I invite anyone to do the same to me. Just friendly ribbing.

I value his contributions to BMX a lot, and watch a lot of his videos. I think there are much MUCH worse fashion offenders in BMX than him though. Don't get me started on everything Peepgame and FTL makes.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/13/2019 7:13 AM

Don’t get me started on Jimmy Levan or Sean Burns.

|

2/13/2019 7:15 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Whoa, I'm not bashing Brant, I think he's great. I'm just ragging on his style. I invite anyone to do the same to me. Just friendly ribbing.

I value his contributions to BMX a lot, and watch a lot of his videos. I think there are much MUCH worse fashion offenders in BMX than him though. Don't get me started on everything Peepgame and FTL makes.

I like his videos. Just friendly ribbing. Not easy to convey via text.

|

2/13/2019 8:33 AM

jbales wrote:

i like bonedeth and sean's riding, but hate how much of a fucking liberal he is

|

fack off

2/13/2019 11:39 AM

jbales wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

i like bonedeth and sean's riding, but hate how much of a fucking liberal he is

Don't even get me started on the pet food industry ?????

|

Hmmm

2/13/2019 12:25 PM

I forgot to mention, if you get the gyro, don't forget the Tzatziki sauce. They aren't nearly as good with it!

|

2/13/2019 1:23 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I forgot to mention, if you get the gyro, don't forget the Tzatziki sauce. They aren't nearly as good with it!

Donairs with sweet sauce are far superior.

|

2/13/2019 1:28 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I'm gonna tell you something that really really really hurt me recently.

I went to a deli in midtown, knowing full well that the people who work there, own the place, and prepare the food are not greek.

I was stupid and ordered a gyro. I wanted one badly.

I got it, and opened the tzatziki sauce and it didn't look right. No dill, no cucumber smell. Something was off.

What was off?

It was SOUR CREAM with PICKLES in it. I was so mad I went back in and said to the guys "You can't sell this as tzatziki sauce.This isn't right. You're going to hurt someone, or I'm going to hurt someone. Don't do this"

|

2/13/2019 2:26 PM

There was a pizza joint I used to go to that didn't have ranch dressing. Blue cheese only. may as well take a dump on my plate. I can't stand real blue cheese.

this place though, their "blue cheese" was SO CLOSE to ranch that I'd always order extra "blue cheese" with my pizza.

I bet there is someone out that that would be stoked on the above mentioned tzatziki sauce.

|

2/13/2019 3:22 PM

pnj wrote:

There was a pizza joint I used to go to that didn't have ranch dressing. Blue cheese only. may as well take a dump on my plate. I can't stand real blue cheese.

this place though, their "blue cheese" was SO CLOSE to ranch that I'd always order extra "blue cheese" with my pizza.

I bet there is someone out that that would be stoked on the above mentioned tzatziki sauce.

Milkless pancakes, and now DIPPING SAUCE WITH PIZZA?
Come on man...

|

Hmmm

2/14/2019 10:49 AM

Speaking of the Greek food with the same name. I’ve used the Greek pronunciation for both bike and food for years. Just for the lols.

|

2/14/2019 10:57 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Come on man...

What, you've never been drunk as fuck and decided to just smash everything Dominos had to offer in your mouth?

|

2/14/2019 11:13 AM

Dominos garlic and herb dip is the shit. Not sure they have the same thing in the US.

|

2/14/2019 11:13 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

What, you've never been drunk as fuck and decided to just smash everything Dominos had to offer in your mouth?

There's no amount of drink that'd make me eat Domino's in the first place...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/14/2019 11:15 AM

pnj wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Come on man...

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

We have what we call kebab shops. They’re the only drunken destination open until the early hours.

|

2/14/2019 11:22 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Donairs with sweet sauce are far superior.

Fact!

|

2/14/2019 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2019 11:27 AM

pnj wrote:

Real pizza doesn't require a dipping sauce. That's akin to putting steak sauce (or, worse yet, ketchup/catsup) on a steak. If it requires a sauce it's to cover up that it isn't that good to begin with.

P.S. Dominos is not real pizza. Yes, I've been drunk as fuck. Yes, I've eaten many foods calling themselves pizza during that time (& I'll probably do it again) but I still stand by my comments about "real pizza".

|

2/14/2019 11:38 AM

I want you all to understand the Dominos thing happened pre-living in NYC. I live 2 blocks from one of the best pizza places in the world. I don't do Dominos.

|

2/14/2019 12:00 PM

My first job was at a Chicago dog joint and my parents ordered take out gyros. I put mayo instead of the cucumber sauce cause I was a dumb kid. Man I wish I saw them trying to eat that shit, had to be hilarious.

|

2/14/2019 12:17 PM

pnj wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Come on man...

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

We have these beautiful things in the UK called kebab shops, many a time I have woken up at 2 with a disgusting mass of mystery meat and chilli sauce lying cold on my bedroom floor.

|

Hmmm

2/14/2019 12:25 PM

Edman123 wrote:

We have these beautiful things in the UK called kebab shops, many a time I have woken up at 2 with a disgusting mass of mystery meat and chilli sauce lying cold on my bedroom floor.

As disgusting as it is, it's soooo good the next morning when you've the equivalent of a jackhammer going off in your head

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson