Thinking about getting a gyro

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2019 9:03 AM

Honestly man, I think your headset topcap is fucking things up. There's literally no reason this shouldn't work. I had the same setup on my S&M and it had a 5" headtube, I ran a front load stem, and didn't have any issues.

My suggestion is, fuck the dust/top cap on the headset. You'll most likely be fine without it. The 5" headtubes coming out now pretty much require a steerer tube be 172mm or more (which I'm not even sure exist, tbh)
Tighten everything up at the headset and lever, THEN fuck with the hanger tension and spring tension out back.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/11/2019 11:16 AM

Knarps will fix the issue 100%. Then you can set up the lower cable, and then fine tune the upper to fit.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/11/2019 3:35 PM

you'll change the housing when / if you install knarps. But just for shits and giggles, I'd max out the adjusters on the top cable / gyro / lever and see what that gets you. Even if there is only one thread holding each adjuster it should allow you to see if you can get the pull needed to lock up the brakes before the gyro hits the top plate.

|

3/11/2019 9:21 PM

I think the pull is ok, just too much slack. Honestly, I think I'm going to return it if I can. It's done nothing but piss me of and disappoint me. It was supposed to be a cool birthday present. Now it's just a pain in the ass.

|

3/11/2019 11:33 PM

fuck that. keep working with it. you'll get it eventually.

did you order Odyssey brakes? 'cause I'm pretty sure they come with knarps.

but seriously... max out the barrel adjusters and see what happens.

also, happy birthday.

|

3/12/2019 12:01 AM

Thanks. Yeah, I got Evo 2.5s. I'm going to set it all up tomorrow(brakes arrive in the morning)and see if I need to order that total plate or use the knarp idea. Possibly both. Probably just going to end up going straight cable for a week or two waiting on the plate to get here.

|

8/14/2019 11:00 AM

I finally got the fucking thing on. I made it to Victoria and Brad at Rock Bay got it on. He used a different plate that was machined a bit in the middle. Works great now. Only took 5 months .

|

8/14/2019 11:08 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I finally got the fucking thing on. I made it to Victoria and Brad at Rock Bay got it on. He used a different plate that was machined a bit in the middle. Works great now. Only took 5 months .

hell yea. next step: front brake lol

|

fack off

8/14/2019 11:51 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

hell yea. next step: front brake lol

Yeah, that really is the next step. It's gonna have to wait a bit. I just had to buy new tires for my van, eating up any fork and brake monies.

|

8/14/2019 3:57 PM

I'd would have fixed it for you no issues, most people on here aren't in Aus, so it's an issue.

|