Thinking about quitting bmx ):

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2013 3:57 PM

So let me take you through a quick summary of my experience with bmx.

My friend rode so i bought a bike, I learned to 180 indian giver maybe 1 out of every 10 times. After that i lost my love for the sport and quit for around 8 months. I bought a new bike around 4 months ago and re learned 180's the first day but this time without indian giver-ing. I was really really happy and could land them around 1 out of every 6 times. After a couple weeks I noticed progression in how much i could land them and thought I'd get them dialed really fast. It's been like 3 months and some days i go out and land every other one, other days i go out and land 1 out of every ten. I feel like I have to re learn the trick every day and that I develop a new bad habit every other day; it's horrible. Can someone give me some advice on how to keep going, because i really really love this community and riding my bike. I just feel like I have no muscle memory whatsoever...

|

Im 15 years old, I suck at BMX, I live in Texas.

That's all.

10/13/2013 3:59 PM

Give me your bike

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/13/2013 4:01 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Give me your bike

No way hahaha

|

That's all.

10/13/2013 4:07 PM

I've had tons of times in depression with biking, but if you're really into it, you'll eventually somehow get out of the stage, which usually lasts not that long.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/13/2013 4:09 PM

Learn more than 180's. Try new stuff every time you ride. when you try one trick over and over it stops being fun and makes you want to quit. Do something that scares you, like jump a big stair set or something.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/13/2013 4:14 PM

Buy a helmet and truck your bike off shit, it's what I did.

|

10/13/2013 5:23 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I've had tons of times in depression with biking, but if you're really into it, you'll eventually somehow get out of the stage, which usually lasts not that long.

This, its like me, I have a good year every other year and during those down years I just have to keep my hesd up and keep going

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/13/2013 5:24 PM

Lol I used to do that exact same shit, some days I shredded other days I had no clue

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

10/13/2013 5:39 PM

try to find almost like a "lucky charm". For me that's my kink jeans. yesterday i didn't wear them and I hit my face off the bars twice. had a pretty shitty sesh

|

10/13/2013 5:52 PM

That's life man. If you like riding your bike then don't quit..

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/13/2013 6:45 PM

Hey for months i would just have the same couple of tricks, i just lost everything and recently i got everything back and better than before, got a few new tricks. But its all in the mood with me, most days i just want to play around and be an idiot, doing turndown up curbs while i ride street or doing seat grabs to fakie on palm trees. then somedays when im with one of my great friends (JOE) i want to ride so hard and just fly at everything.

Piece of advise, keep at it and just try new stuff. main point is to have fun with it dont just get pissed off with everything you dont get

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/13/2013 7:07 PM

Yeah man, pretty much same as everyone said. We go through good and bad spots with our riding. I'm like that with manuals; I suck at them for a while everyday when I first hop on the bike, and then they come back and are pretty dialed by the end of my session. Yes, it feels like I'm re-learning them everyday I ride but then it clicks again. Don't let it ruin your time. Like others were saying, just move on to something else for a while. I always seem to be working on 3 tricks or more at any given time, so when I get burnt out from doing one trick over and over again, I move to the next. Works for me at least and helps me not go crazy when I can't get something dialed. Plus, your signature says you're only 15 so you have a lot of years ahead of you to become a shredder. I'm more than two times your age and I wish I'd started "freestyle" riding when I was young. You sound like you just need some new inspiration. Just my two cents. Just go out and have fun and try something else for a while to clear your head. Yes, I get frustrated with tricks, but that motivates me to get them more. It doesn't discourage me and makes it feel that much better when it's dialed. Good luck!!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/13/2013 8:00 PM

get a pair of pegs gives you some new stuff to do

|

10/13/2013 8:34 PM

chad88 wrote:

Yes, feebles are fun and easy and you can build off of them like crazy

|

10/13/2013 8:34 PM

Put on front brakes
Quitter

|

fack off

10/13/2013 8:45 PM

chad88 wrote:

CBKayTV wrote:

Yes, feebles are fun and easy and you can build off of them like crazy

I ride street so my feebles and double pegs are dialed, I recently did my first downrail icepick on a tiny rail at my local skatepark haha

|

That's all.

10/13/2013 8:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2013 8:56 PM

Hey hey If I haven't quit, the thought of quitting shouldn't even run across your mind. Let me tell you about my day.... whether you want to hear it or not It'll help me out to so chill. Anywayz today I had a complete utter shit day.... I met this kid a few days ago and said he'd be down for a sesh today I called him up asking if he'd be good to go and he said what time etc. To make things short... I got stood up, no worries though since I ride alone 99.9% of the time. Some days I feel like utter shit cause there's no one to ride around here or atleast it feels that way. I mean there are a handful of bmxers in the area but all they seem to do is chill and talk to some pretty damn cute chics... But I don't ride bmx to get chics. So picture me.... 16 (bout to be 17 cheerful ) going out on my little bike all padded up with my helmet and knee pads with my little camera to get some shots of me doing whatever trick i'm working on so I can see what I'm doing wrong. Anyways today I go out to my usual spot and I see this dude pop a 360 down my 10 stair set spot I usually chill at...sad I was bummed the fuck out I've been working so hard to get my 360s up to par and I'd look at that stair set and be like I'm going to be the first guy to 360 the fuck out of that stair set. So my dreams just got crushed like nothing. So I go ride around all bummed out.... Then i come up to this like 8 stair set(more like 6 stairs... but it looked huge) I've been meaning to hit for a while but haven't because I'm afraid my rim will buckle. I was bummed out so I hit it.... and I nailed it which was pretty awesome. When all is said and done sometimes I feel sad cause my trick list isn't bigger. I work so hard to get my 360's 180's footjam tailwhips, wallrides, bunny hop manuals dialed in. I have my barspins going on (I can only do them with both wheels on the ground) but I'm trying to get them into bunnyhop bars.

So.... I'm a 16 yr old dude who is currently a senior that attends an all boys school (shits bad) I don't fit in other sports... In fact I don't think I fit in at all. I look forward to riding my bike on fridays and the weekends come home all excited to grab my bike which btw is beat to shit... My rims are untrue the rim walls are all chipped and have dents on them, my brakes no longer work, one of my grips is torn in half so I put duct tape to make it more comfortable, I ride alone 99.9% of the time and when I find someone that I might like to ride with something always veers me away from them and sometimes I feel like my trick list is shit. Now I dare you to look at your statements and tell me your still "thinking" about quitting bmx wassat Keep at it

|

10/13/2013 8:54 PM

Do what you have fun doing.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/13/2013 9:35 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Hey hey If I haven't quit, the thought of quitting shouldn't even run across your mind. Let me tell you about my day.... whether you want to hear it or not It'll help me out to so chill. Anywayz today I had a complete utter shit day.... I met this kid a few days ago and said he'd be down for a sesh today I called him up asking if he'd be good to go and he said what time etc. To make things short... I got stood up, no worries though since I ride alone 99.9% of the time. Some days I feel like utter shit cause there's no one to ride around here or atleast it feels that way. I mean there are a handful of bmxers in the area but all they seem to do is chill and talk to some pretty damn cute chics... But I don't ride bmx to get chics. So picture me.... 16 (bout to be 17 cheerful ) going out on my little bike all padded up with my helmet and knee pads with my little camera to get some shots of me doing whatever trick i'm working on so I can see what I'm doing wrong. Anyways today I go out to my usual spot and I see this dude pop a 360 down my 10 stair set spot I usually chill at...sad I was bummed the fuck out I've been working so hard to get my 360s up to par and I'd look at that stair set and be like I'm going to be the first guy to 360 the fuck out of that stair set. So my dreams just got crushed like nothing. So I go ride around all bummed out.... Then i come up to this like 8 stair set(more like 6 stairs... but it looked huge) I've been meaning to hit for a while but haven't because I'm afraid my rim will buckle. I was bummed out so I hit it.... and I nailed it which was pretty awesome. When all is said and done sometimes I feel sad cause my trick list isn't bigger. I work so hard to get my 360's 180's footjam tailwhips, wallrides, bunny hop manuals dialed in. I have my barspins going on (I can only do them with both wheels on the ground) but I'm trying to get them into bunnyhop bars.

So.... I'm a 16 yr old dude who is currently a senior that attends an all boys school (shits bad) I don't fit in other sports... In fact I don't think I fit in at all. I look forward to riding my bike on fridays and the weekends come home all excited to grab my bike which btw is beat to shit... My rims are untrue the rim walls are all chipped and have dents on them, my brakes no longer work, one of my grips is torn in half so I put duct tape to make it more comfortable, I ride alone 99.9% of the time and when I find someone that I might like to ride with something always veers me away from them and sometimes I feel like my trick list is shit. Now I dare you to look at your statements and tell me your still "thinking" about quitting bmx wassat Keep at it

This is the greatest hting i've ever read dude, maybe try to start a club in your school or even go chill with the dude who 3'd that set and get some pointers? Either way man i appreciate you taking the time to write all that out, means a lot.

|

That's all.

10/13/2013 10:06 PM

bgs1237 wrote:

This is the greatest hting i've ever read dude, maybe try to start a club in your school or even go chill with the dude who 3'd that set and get some pointers? Either way man i appreciate you taking the time to write all that out, means a lot.

Dudes like that come and go probably an am guy for some company. I live around heavy populated skate/bmx/inline skating spots lots of people come and go through here. No probs on the wall of text sooner or later in life people realize if they want to get good at something they gotta keep at it cool

|

10/14/2013 7:41 AM

Aav1996 wrote:

Dudes like that come and go probably an am guy for some company. I live around heavy populated skate/bmx/inline skating spots lots of people come and go through here. No probs on the wall of text sooner or later in life people realize if they want to get good at something they gotta keep at it cool

your like philosopher of vital , you put in the some of most intelligent statements ive heard on this site , keep it up we could use you

|

10/14/2013 9:04 PM

Kust remember, theres a an amputee who is riding still.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/14/2013 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2013 9:33 PM

If you still want to become better one day then you should keep riding even if it is hard. If you have no interest then maybe its time to find something else, but you'll probably regret stopping some day. I'm getting board with bmx not because I'm not that good or its don't try enou too hard but I'm starting to have a lot more fun mountain biking and I'm getting a dirt jumper soon. I think sometimes I'm too lazy to try to progress and just do the same tricks over and over. Although I still don't ever see myself ever completely quitting bmx, once you bmx I think it will always show in someway about you.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/14/2013 10:14 PM

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/15/2013 5:51 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Learn more than 180's. Try new stuff every time you ride. when you try one trick over and over it stops being fun and makes you want to quit. Do something that scares you, like jump a big stair set or something.

This. Also, try riding with new people. For example I normally ride either alone or with my brother or my friend. Yesterday I went to a skatepark and met a bunch of new people. We ended up hanging out and riding and getting pizza sounds weird but it made the whole bmx/skatepark experience much more enjoyable. Also, because I was riding with other people I was more motivated to do new tricks, and I learned backward feebles and front pedal stalls on quarters. My point being ride with new people

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/15/2013 10:44 AM

I started 4 monts ago. Mid life crisis@depression at 34. Bought sk8board first, then rollerblade, thEn bmx. Bmx the only one that stick

Took me over 2 months to get bunny hop. Seems impossible to me at first. The other rider. are great. Im a very introverted guy, but they welcomed me with open arms. Never felt this happy in a long long time. All I can think of now is riding. Day and night

Dun give up. Look at the positives= friends , good workout

|

10/15/2013 1:34 PM

Try something new! Maybe 3s! I have a friend who almost has his 3 taps dialed but hasn't fakied out of a 180 in his life! I never would have thought I would be doing feebles and guess what I did three times in a row and all together about fifteen times last night!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)