Thinking of respraying my bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2017 4:32 AM

My bmx is currently black with new duo svs black w red wall tires, red salt grips, red salt pedals. I'm thinking of respraying it because the paints chipped and scratched a lot but dont know what colour to have with the red other than black but I'm bored of black.

|

5/4/2017 4:57 AM

raw it.

|

5/4/2017 5:03 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

raw it.

I was thinking about sanding it all down but still unsure of another colour but I guess I could run a raw frame, cranks and bars

|

5/4/2017 7:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2017 7:56 AM

Poiji wrote:

My bmx is currently black with new duo svs black w red wall tires, red salt grips, red salt pedals. I'm thinking of respraying it because the paints chipped and scratched a lot but dont know what colour to have with the red other than black but I'm bored of black.

Paint it a shade of even more intense darker black...

|

5/4/2017 8:11 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Thy Blvckest Blvck

|

5/4/2017 8:12 AM

Burgundy looks nice with red

|

5/4/2017 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2017 9:29 AM

Poiji wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

Thy Blvckest Blvck

then it can be Trve Cvlt....

but I agree...raw is pretty awesome! and also trve cvlt

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/4/2017 10:19 AM

I've got the black/ red / chrome thing going but I used nissan gtr black galaxy so when the sun hits it shines dark silver. Kinda see it here

|

5/4/2017 11:32 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

I've got the black/ red / chrome thing going but I used nissan gtr black galaxy so when the sun hits it shines dark silver. Kinda see it here

That looks quite nice man

|

5/4/2017 12:04 PM

http://bmxunion.com/bmx-color-app/

will allow you to visualize and tweak the current colours your thinking about, will probably be using it myself once the winter arrives and will have more time to pull bike apart and re-anodize and paint or raw it out..

|

5/4/2017 2:40 PM

greeeen

|

5/5/2017 4:22 AM

Not the best pictures but here it is ATM

|

5/5/2017 6:05 AM

white would look boss

|

5/5/2017 6:49 AM

Like anything it depends on what ability, budget, time contraints, equipment etc that you have, you could strip it and repaint it for fairly cheap and simple job, or you could go full balls-out mode and do a multi-neon basecoat covered with black/clear hydrographics with a thermochromatic coating over the top of that, can be as complicated or as simple as you like.

you must have some ideas of the colour you want to do?

|

5/5/2017 7:15 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

Like anything it depends on what ability, budget, time contraints, equipment etc that you have, you could strip it and repaint it for fairly cheap and simple job, or you could go full balls-out mode and do a multi-neon basecoat covered with black/clear hydrographics with a thermochromatic coating over the top of that, can be as complicated or as simple as you like.

you must have some ideas of the colour you want to do?

In all fairness I have no clue but I wanna keep the red haha I was thinking white but then it seems to get dirty fairly quick

|

5/6/2017 6:49 AM

Paint the frame and forks red, and raw the bars.

Preferably candy red.

|

5/6/2017 6:53 AM

trans candy red over raw might even be sicker....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/8/2017 5:29 AM

Flat black. It will look good with other colored sidewalls.

|